Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I HATE THIS GAME

Bowchica Bow Wow... Omnislash07's Avatar

I know your pissed about this game Omnislash but that is no excuse to say that spirits Within was a good movie, why make a movie and put a Final Fantasy title on it, you could say from the creators of Final fantasy but dont make people believe it is in the same universe as Final Fantasy experience. i heard somewhere that Square was reeling for a long time because of the flop of this movie.
    It may suprise you but i do actually like the SW movie, I even bought it on DVD. It makes me mad when people say it wasnt in the FF universe because that is just stupid. Sure it didnt have swords or magic...big deal. It still had the life stream and guns arent exacltly a new addition to the FF world. Sure the movie was more Sci-Fi than Fantasy but that was the direction that Square was kinda moving in with 7 and 8. I wanna know how many people who bash the movie actually saw it and how many saw that it didnt have any of the FF characters in it and didnt even take a second look at the movie.
    Doc "But I'm a pacifist, I don't believe in violence"
    Caboose "Your a thing babies suck on?"
    Tucker "No thats a pedophile"

I like guns in Fantasy games, I like the guns in Advent Children, i actually saw the movie like 4 times, it airs alot on the Sci Fi channel, this wasnt in the Final fantasy universe, it was set it our world, their base or whatever was in New New York city or something like that, no Final Fantasy game has ever been set in our world, also it didnt feel like Final Fantasy, it felt like a James Cameron movie, admit it, it was made for the casual american movie goer and was meant to show off squares technology, it had no bases in the Final Fantasy universe.

Bowchica Bow Wow... Omnislash07's Avatar

Actually it was just extremely loosely tied to the Final Fantasy Universe.
    Examples: There was a Lifestream and they were trying to capture the essence or spirits trapped inside of different things kind of like the crystals containing the essences of Fire, Water, Wind, and Earth in the early Final Fantasy games. Also while it was set on Earth it wasn't exactly the same Earth because we obviusly don't have a Lifestream. So the movie is loosely tied to the games but anyway this is a thread about Hating FF9 not TSW so lets just leave it at that.
    Doc "But I'm a pacifist, I don't believe in violence"
    Caboose "Your a thing babies suck on?"
    Tucker "No thats a pedophile"

I guess its just a matter of personal preference. If you want a really challenging game, go find something else. But since it was pretty easy for the most part, you could enjoy the story and the characters a bit more. I liked it because through most of the game it was just fun and light-hearted. Nice change of pace after something dark and angsty like FF7 (not that I have anything against that game. Just saying...).

Great jumping jilicas! I made a thread with loads of replies without even realising it!
    FF9 took my babies.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

FFIX > FFVIII...in terms of...likeable characters, fantasy elements.

Good game, LOVED the moogles, but, it never seemed to me like an outstanding game.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultimortal
    Great jumping jilicas! I made a thread with loads of replies without even realising it!
    FF9 took my babies.
    I think you achieved your purpose for making this thread...

People who don't like FFIX piss me off.

I love FFlX

Why do you hate FFIX? At least Omnislash had the courage to say why!
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Why are people bashing Quina? She/he is the greatest Blue Mage ever made. And FFIX IS THE BEST FF game eva.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnislash07
    OK i will reply to each of your comments in the same order you said them.

1. yeah i know as i stated above these are all just people opinions i know that, you don't have to tell me

2. actually in my opinion they did screw up...hardcore

3. me completely hating the look of the characters is a good reason to hate a game because if i don't like the characters then I'm not gonna be able to get into the game

4. the fact that i forgot the story is proof of how bad it is. i know the entire storyline to 6,7,8, and 10. why because they had good stories

5. i didn't mean the company ripped itself off i meant that since the games have different designers, artists,...etc. that the team from 9 ripped the trance system from the team that did 7 with the limit system. Oh and Freya's Trance is actually good the useless ones in my opinion were more like Garnets which was completely useless after you got the Pumice Piece and while it is true that limit was only used once per charge the gauge filled up way faster so sometimes you could get more than one limit in a battle if you were fighting a strong enemy. It is also true that while tranced you can kick major ass but the only time i ever tranced was against normal enemies and i can take them easy enough already. I never tranced against a boss which kind of defeats the purpose of having it in my opinion.

6. We agree...for once

7. You like the game and yet you call it confusing...if i am gonna play a card game i want to fully understand the rules before i play instead of just laying down a card and hoping it wins.

8. Necron didn't have back story. He was stuck in a crystal, the crystal broke, he tried to kill you...thats it. Ultimecia had back story, she was the one controlling Edea when she went on her rampage, she took control of Rinoa, you actually knew about her before you fought her. She didn't just pop up like Necron. The only reason Kuja succeeded in destroying Terra was because the characters in 9 were all idiots and Sephiroth failed because Cloud and company weren't retarded like Zidane.

9. Well that was my opinion, i don't think 5 and 6 can stand up to the newer RPGs but they were still way better than 9. And Kefka was retarded.

10. Doing the chocobo crap was the only way to get a lot of good weapons and items, that is why i did it...not because i actually like a game where i go around digging holes in a forest.

11. LEARN TO USE SPELL CHECK GENIUS.

1- Okay then. >>

2- Where? If they did, tell me where.

3- You don't like the LOOKS of the characters; the character per se isn't really affected. For example, I think Gau is ugly like hell, he scares little babies. Still, I like him. XD

4- I didn't forgot FFVIII story. It still is a piece of crap. Yay.

5-You tried to flee from your own stupid argument, and only said worse crap. -_-; No, really, "a team rip-off another team"? -____- and Dagger's Trance make the Eidolon randomly appear in the battle, after she summoned it, while she is in Trance. It _is_ useful; I trance a lot against bosses and some additional Mega Flares/Eternal Darknesses are always helpful.

6- Weeee

7- It is confusing, but it is good. What's wrong with that? And if you talk like this, it proves that you just suck at Tetra Master; that's why you say it is bad. I don't suck at it, and I think it is good. Coincidence?

8- Necron HAS backstory, if you look for it hard enough. Ultimecia didn't have ANY; why does she want to compress time? Why in the smurfing hell she wants to be the only one in the whole universe? She DOES poop out of nowhere. And can you think a way that Zidane and the others could stop Trance Kuja's Ultima (that is much stronger than FFVII/FFVIII's "crap" Ultima)?

9- Kefka is _not_ retarded. He is funny, he knows what he wants, and his laugh scares me. XD~ And you probably think that 5 or 6 can't stand up to newer ones because of graphics. -_-

10- And talk to a shadow in a lake, or find a ressearch center IN THE smurfING MIDDLE OF NOWHERE is so good. And there is A LOT of good weapons without Hot and Cold. Excalibur can cause more damage than Ragnarok if you equip things that strengthen Holy.

11- Oh please, don't talk to me like this, you type just as badly as I typed >_>'''
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

"Ultimecia is an extremely evil sorceress from the future who can reach across time using a special machine to possess other sorceresses and manipulate them. Her ultimate goal is to create a phenomenon called "Time Compression,a phenomenon in which she brings all times together to allow her to become "a living god" that is incapable of dying, thus defying the fate of her predecessors." You can find this on wikipedia (basically she wanted to absorb the power of every sorceress that had ever existed).

Necron was kind of weird, he just shows up, and not like he was uber powerful or something, it was like wam bam he's dead. Kuja was a pretty cool villian, and they did explain why Zidane had a tail, but in a world full of animal people it wasnt that weird for him to have a tail. I liked IX, like I said before most people didnt like it because of less adult themes, but no matter how many times I try to go back in my mind and say I didnt like it I cant, it was extremely fun, the waltz' were very cool bosses, and the FMV's were done very well. I liked Vivi's and Steiners trances but Zidanes left something to be desired.

I think VIII had a horrible style of battle. Everyone in the whole group could use Cure or Fire, which is to me, wrong. I hated the Junction system (which I still don't get), and the characters are too uninteresting to care.

Non-Rpg players Rpg.