Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not That Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    I feel like everybody bullys FFX-2, I hear people screaming how bad it was, and ill admit, Im not that keen on it myself. But It was actually, looking at it from a birds eye view, not bad at all. Gameplay was pretty fast, fluid and fun. The graphics were good. Lengh wasnt an issue. I feel people just abuse FFX-2 because it was a little disappointing. Or the story wasnt that great, or the style changed alot. But X-2 is still alot better than a crap load of other RPG's IMO.
    Anywayz, what are your opinions, better than people realise ?
    I fully agree :p

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

I didnt think the game was that bad either, I liked the battle system, I liked the dresspheres and the music, and I really liked the characters. The only thing I didnt like was brother and the way that Yuna runs but other than that its good. The story starts off slow but I think once you hit about 40% the story gets really good. I liked FFX-2 and I loved the perfect ending!!!
    RUSKIES LIVES!

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Actually, the game isn't that bad for a normal game, for a FF game it's sub par (however I believe we are starting to idolise the older ones). It's mainly the posts in this forum that lead to the frequent flames, and then the lack of decent topics that led to me making that stupid thread and getting temporarily permabanned.
    Last edited by Primus Inter Pares; 11-18-2005 at 12:49 PM.
    :joey:

I thought being able to change dresspheres in the middle of battle, while very pretty and scenicly impressive, made it too easy as you didn't have to care about fighting strategy.

Also, what's the point of having abilites unlocked through the process of changing dresspheres, that seemed rather pointless due to the mechanics of how often you could spherechange: ie all of them at once rather than having to wait for your ATB bar to fill up again.

BTW PiP, you're siggy IS SO CUTE!!!:kaohappy2
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.

I played both x and x-2 and I liked both of them. I haven't played any other FF game though. I like how it's almost a never ending game, like there's always something more you can do. I hate games where you play for a day and you beat it. I have nothing really to complain about it. I thought it was fun.
    Me.

play 7-9
    than go back some years later and play the classics

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    play 7-9
    than go back some years later and play the classics

Blog Entries

Notice the only people who think that X-2 is good have only played X/X-2

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    Thats not true.
    Ive played 7 too.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Yeah, that doesn’t really help your case…

*yawn*

The people that masterbate toward the girls in the game aren't that different than the group that masterbates towards Tifa and even Final Fantasy VII and possibly Rinoa + FFVIII. It's quite hypocritical and stereotypical to say that a minory of FFX-2 fans typ lik dis cuz there are many cases were VII fanboys, OR ANY fan of a paticular game in the series, type quite incoherently. Also, I was not aware that Rikku was the only female character that has many shrines deticated toward her either, because I pretty see shrines for almost every female character in FF. Double + for the anti-shrines too.

BTW, did I forget to mention the fanboys that bash FFIX type like this (only kidding, though):

''oMfg!11 ix sucks!111 gHey!111 chIldiSH!11 gArnet iz a Fat bItch!11 zidan Ghey!1 oNly kOOl chAtacteRa iZ Vivi aNd AmArant!11 amarANt cuz hE hates EiKo!!11 it sux!!1 fvii betest game eva!!11''

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

for a game its alright but not brilliant
    for an FF its feeble
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    Yeah, that doesn’t really help your case…

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    i think this is actually one of my faveorites... yet ive played and beaten.

Final fantasy legend, final fantasy legend 2, final fantasy legend 3, final fantasy 4, final fantasy 5, final fantasy 6, final fantasy 7, Ehghiez (not so much a final fantasy, and ive spelt it wrong), final fantasy 8, final fantasy 10 and final fantasy 10-2.... i think thats about all of the ones ive completed.... wait no.

final fantasy 10 international, final fantasy 10-2 international + last mission.... guess its it.

Played 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2 and Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy X-2 is pretty good IMHO. I like it better than any of the SNES Final Fantasies anyway. Not that those are bad, X-2 is just better. But I can understand why lots of people don't like FF X-2. The mood is different than lots of other Final Fantasies. The angst is more hidden behind a cheerful exterior. The game doesn't follow the standard linear pattern. (There IS a linear plot, but it's short. Lots of attention to side-stuff)

I always say the same. Final Fantasy has existed so long because Square has the guts to do something different every game. BECAUSE of that, just about NOBODY will like ALL Final Fantasies. You can't please all the people all the time. But some people, I feel, never gave X-2 a chance to be X-2, and to enterain them as X-2 does. They played it expecting VII or VI or whatever. It's not... It has its own charms. (and no... I'm not talking about SCANDALOUS CLOTHING ZOMG)
    The storm was coming? Light, he WAS the storm

-Rand Al'Thor.Path of Daggers. Robert Jordan