Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not That Bad

Default Not That Bad

I feel like everybody bullys FFX-2, I hear people screaming how bad it was, and ill admit, Im not that keen on it myself. But It was actually, looking at it from a birds eye view, not bad at all. Gameplay was pretty fast, fluid and fun. The graphics were good. Lengh wasnt an issue. I feel people just abuse FFX-2 because it was a little disappointing. Or the story wasnt that great, or the style changed alot. But X-2 is still alot better than a crap load of other RPG's IMO.
    Anywayz, what are your opinions, better than people realise ?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It's a well constructed game, the problem is, it's a sequel. It inevitably comes up short in comparison with FFX. Had the game been with stand-alone characters that didn't come from an earlier, better game, I would have enjoyed it more.

It needed more exposure.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

thereisafroginmystomach Evolavas's Avatar

I agree with u dreddz. final fantasy X-2 gets a lot of crap. but in the long run its not that bad. (excluding the story line) and yes, there are tons of other rpgs that are far worse.

I've never played FFX, so I don't have any basis for comparison, therefore I can appreciate it as a unique game and not as a half-realised sequel.

I like FFX-2.
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

This is far better then FFX.

I thought it was reasonable in many ways- but the storyline which is for me the main part of an rpg is weak as you said. This causes me to bash it more than I should. One point which may go against it is the intelligence that is so frequently shown in this forum... I don't need to go into detail.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

I actually liked X-2. I wasn't really expecting that much from it, though. I wasn't expecting a good story, cause I thought they made it for fun, and for the fans of X so they would have more stuff to do in Spira. (Since it was a pretty cool world) I liked the gameplay, and I liked the dressphere system. I wish you could have changed jobs in V in the middle of battle!
    I think most people bash it because of the story and its not exactly like all the other FFs. But its really not part of the main series so thats to be expected. Its still a fun game, for me at least.

I liked it. Not as much as any of the others I played but I thought it was fun. I like the speed the game runs at and how your characters aren't all lined up in battle but scattered and move around. The only thing I thought shouldve been done better in the game was this.
    I would have liked more of the towns and places you visited again to be different. The only place different was Kilika and the Fayth Wall on Gagazet. You'd think after two years without Sin, tech wouldve boomed. Another thing i wouldve liked is the characters that reapeared from X to have different clothes. Especially Wakka and Lulu. Apart from that the game was fine.
    (Thats from an old thread I posted in)
    BG-57 has the right idea though, people compare it to X because its a sequel. Thus it gets crap.

well if see FF X-2 as a whole separate game that wasnt related to FF X
    then it is a OK game because basically the mission is stupid. only counting the graphic and battle system is a average FF product

however the most dispointing thing is that FF X-2 is telling a whole different wasnt related FF X. and they fool us as the beginning, they made the commerical looks like a contunie of FF X however it wasnt.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    One point which may go against it is the intelligence that is so frequently shown in this forum... I don't need to go into detail.
    o plz du.

Blog Entries

I shown how bad this game is in FFX-2 THE TRUTH

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    o plz du.
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71487

FFXIV Character

mmmmmm, alot of typos there.

well, back on topic... though the story is short, it has alot of deep history memos to discover through all the missions and chapters.

Well the game was alright. It wasnt so much the graphics or story line that bugged me (come on its Square Enix you can't expect an amazing storyline), but it was in fact the voice actors and side quests that made me have a low opinion of this game. Well and also the fact that you couldnt skip certain scenes, but thats just annoying feature that carried over from FFX.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer