Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *lightbulb*

Default *lightbulb*

I just thought of an idea that would be perfect on the DS. Phantasy Star Online with it's WIFI connection.

Think about it, you can move about with the dpad, Action (attack, talk, pick up item, examine, etc) with A, critical attack with B, and preset magic with the other buttons and Start opens the menu. The touch screen on the bottom can have a little keyboard on it so you can touch the keys with the stylus to talk to people online.

I'm expecting my check from Sega for my idea riiiiight....... NOW......

Watch as the internet reels from your fantastic suggestion.

Riiiiight....... NOW......

Explain how that idea is bad? Go ahead.

Because I don't see Sega producing a PSO for the DS, maybe an original PS game, but not an online game. The online features of the DS are an add-on, not so much the be-all and end-all that they are on the PSP.

If you'd have said something about the Revolution, it would have been plausible because that'll have more of a dedicated online support.

The DS. Online functions and gaming? Yes. Completely online games? No.

PSO has an offline mode, you realize. PSO was on Gamecube and Dreamcast had a Single player game on them. If you can't get on WIFI with your DS then play single player till you can get one.

Look.

It's called Phantasy Star Online, if I need to express that fact to you, you're already lost.

I just said it's not COMPLETLY Online. Which means if you CAN'T or don't want to play it online you can play it single player. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

The point is DS isn't set up for complete online play, not that people don't have the wifi for it. When you play PSO online you're not palying just some short match-up battles, it's like Diablo 2, isn't it? A game that can be played in its entirety online would not work well on DS.
    Brains are for thinking, not just recognizing boobies.

Oh my freaking god. How much freaking clearer can I make this.

PSO CAN BE PLAYED IN SINGLE PLAYER MODE. WHICH ALSO MEANS OFFLINE.

You know what, go away from here. If you can't get the hint of the above post you're both just as ignorant as I figured.

Yes, it can be.
    But the online part of it would not work well on a DS. So you're suggesting a game with online in its title, with bad online play. Which is stupid.

If the DS can handle the new Animal Crossing and Mario Kart why wouldn't it handle PSO? It's not like PSO is a huge MMO, it plays with a lobby system like Diablo 2 where only a few parties take on quests together.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well, I think that the online aspect of Phantasy Star Online would be better suited to a console which would be a good conduit for the online interactions which would inevitably be involved with Phantasy Star Online.

I am a fan of the Phantasy Star series, but I don't like the direction they went with those online games. As far as I know, they weren't developed by the same team and only very few people on the developing team for the online games, if not only one, had worked with the original projects on the Genesis.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

so it would be Phantasy Star PARTLY online?
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

PSO is never a bad idea. Ever.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

it's funny you compare it to Diablo 2 because I read somewhere they were considering making Diablo 2 for the DS.... also they were gonna make starcraft. Don't remember where I read that though...

THE JACKEL