Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF5= least popular?

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    and the bit where galuf (SPOILER)dies is one of the most aamzing scenes out of any FF. even more dramatic than aerises death.
    If I had my way you wouldnt get an opinion.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the galuf scene is way more dramatic, even if it looks a lot more stupid in 16 bit.

I really cant understand why. Its not as if the script was particularly good for the scene. Or that the music was particularly impressive or that the graphics were great for it. To be honest I'd say your just nostalgic to a game you like.

When faris's dragon thing went into the ocean leaving her, yea, not really something amazing seeing it in 16 bit .....

Blog Entries

I liked this game and I still do. I think it's fairly good, and it does have some pretty intense moments and characters.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's because galuf was A Good Person, and aeris was just weird and too-flirty.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea, I really didn't care about Aeris very much.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    When faris's dragon thing went into the ocean leaving her, yea, not really something amazing seeing it in 16 bit .....
    i agree with that but the galuf scene is awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

AGH!

We all know that it is 16-Bit! It seems that the only excuse for not liking it much in this forum is the graphics, god! You can't rate a game on graphics it doesn't work like that, I've already stated my opinion and it's fools like Destai and Dreddz who think different. The graphics were good for 1992 and anyone who thinks opposite is too cocky to admit it.

Galuf had a cheeky sense of humour and an amazing personality. Galuf was just Galuf - and one of the best things about him was that you couldn't change who he was, or what he did. I was so sad when he died and very angry when I found out that his 14 yr old grand-daughter took his place. She never was the same.... but her berserker and white mage costume cheered me up.

I'm playing my sixth time through now and I don't want Galuf to die again. Everytime I play he dies. It's an on-going cycle which never ends. I think sometimes I just play again to share those moments with Galuf... he was my favourite out of them all.
    FFV ROXS!

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    the galuf scene is way more dramatic, even if it looks a lot more stupid in 16 bit.
    Agreed, note how they never even tried to cure Aeries? hrm...

bipper

We all know that it is 16-Bit! It seems that the only excuse for not liking it much in this forum is the graphics, god! You can't rate a game on graphics it doesn't work like that, I've already stated my opinion and it's fools like Destai and Dreddz who think different. The graphics were good for 1992 and anyone who thinks opposite is too cocky to admit it.
    Alright shut up now. I already said that nothing else in the scene was impressive either. It doesnt matter if the graphics were impressive for 1992. It still looked unimpressive. Maybe you're just being a graphics whore.

Galuf had a cheeky sense of humour and an amazing personality. Galuf was just Galuf - and one of the best things about him was that you couldn't change who he was, or what he did. I was so sad when he died and very angry when I found out that his 14 yr old grand-daughter took his place. She never was the same.... but her berserker and white mage costume cheered me up.
    You've never seen a dirty old man with a storyline in an RPG or anime? Ok someone doesnt get an opinion.
    His character may have had alot of depth in those days but he still didnt have alot of depth.
    I'm playing my sixth time through now and I don't want Galuf to die again. Everytime I play he dies. It's an on-going cycle which never ends. I think sometimes I just play again to share those moments with Galuf... he was my favourite out of them all.
    yeah just conforming you're somewhat of a fanboy. I'd have said major fan but you have that tendency to call someone who disagrees with you a fool. Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    Agreed, note how they never even tried to cure Aeries? hrm...

bipper
    Phoenix downs come up a little lacking when someone shoves a sword through your uterus.

Maybe Aeris and Galuf hooked up in the afterlife.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

what the hell, people are flaming each other over ff5? Stop it now. No more "fool" or "idiot" comments.

Don’t worry. I’m sure they will lose interest eventually and this forum will be nice and dead again...

Maybe that's what this forum needs: more flame wars!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i hate it when people judge on graphics! it make nearly no difference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*