Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF5= least popular?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If somebody bother to flame another person that criticize FF V, it show that it isn't that unpopular afterall.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, the graphics weren't *that* good for 1992. Sadly to say, they were about the same as ff4's.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still think ff5 looked a lot better than ff6.

FF5 was a big disappointment. I really enjoyed it until much later in the game. I liked the job classes and everything. But, by the time I was nearly finishing it, I started to get really annoyed. The characters are soo stupid (Butz is the worst main character ever), Ex- Death isn't that cool..... And the ability system is terrible.... Each character had over 30 abilities, but I could only use one, apart from the default one for a job class, what really sucks.... And the ending......... it was then that I completely lost faith on this game...... terrible.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can use three abilities with the Mime jobclass, and two with bare, as well as all the powerups that you've earned for each class.

So, that's potentially ten abilities, or eight+fight+item+powerups.

I can't agree with you on that, eest, ff6 had some amazing graphics. The phantom forest comes to mind particularly.

Graphics wise, super mario RPG was the SNES best - hands down. Does that make the scenes any better? The appeal of the character better? Nope.

Aries was 3d, and I still felt more sorry for general leo's death, as he took on the main villian out of need, not idoiocy.

The excuse that graphics make a scene is merely a sign of a lack of imagination or motivation to use your imagination. No flaming intended. Just saying that to simply say the scene sucked cause it was 16 bit, is like saying a book sucks cause it has no pictures - or 3d, high pligonal, super high resolution textures, and antialiased graphics.

There are many factors that go into a scene, the graphics being just one. I look at plot, music, lighting, graphics, story, and character as the most pivoting qualities of what makes a great scene. All of which i feel FFV lived up to. Minus character... butz

Bipper

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's compare then...

Final Fantasy IV Final Fantasy V

Looks more or less the same....

Final Fantasy V Final Fantasy VI

I do see some differences....

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    You can use three abilities with the Mime jobclass, and two with bare, as well as all the powerups that you've earned for each class.

So, that's potentially ten abilities, or eight+fight+item+powerups.
    Well, I didnt really like the Mimic and Monk classes, so I could only use one ability. And those abilities like HP + 30% I had to equip them, so it meant losing a space for an attack ability. I played ff5 with a translated ROM for the SNES. I don´t know if the PSX version corrected these flaws, but when I played it, I could only equip one ability per character (apart from monks and mimics, of course).

Aeris was 3d, and I still felt more sorry for general leo's death, as he took on the main villian out of need, not idoiocy.
    What do you mean idiocy? Are you still comparing Leo to Aeris in that comment?

And I dont think I've said that graphics make a scene dramatic in this thread if any of thats intended at me. Although thinking about it yeah, I think its one of the bigger factors undeniably. When reading a book you can imagine the scene but a video game shows you it so FFV's gonna come up lacking.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    And I dont think I've said that graphics make a scene dramatic in this thread if any of thats intended at me. Although thinking about it yeah, I think its one of the bigger factors undeniably. When reading a book you can imagine the scene but a video game shows you it so FFV's gonna come up lacking.
    I think one of the factors is how much you are emotionally attached to this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    I think one of the factors is how much you are emotionally attached to this character.
    Galuf's a very popular character. If the scene was really dramatic I think it would have made me care. Would you agree?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Galuf's a very popular character. If the scene was really dramatic I think it would have made me care. Would you agree?
    Hmm..... You see like Vivi, he just said a few words in the end and kicked the bucket. But yet people did feel sad about his death (or some people dun even know he died...) but at least I did feel sad because I am pretty attached to him throughout the game knowing his story and see how he grows.

So whether someone will care in my opinions is based on how much feelings you have for a character.

As for Galuf, I think it is pretty dramatic seeing him taking on Ex Death on his own and other stuff like Ex Death can never beat him.

So what do you think should be included or excluded to make it more dramatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    Hmm..... You see like Vivi, he just said a few words in the end and kicked the bucket. But yet people did feel sad about his death (or some people dun even know he died...) but at least I did feel sad because I am pretty attached to him throughout the game knowing his story and see how he grows.

So whether someone will care in my opinions is based on how much feelings you have for a character.

As for Galuf, I think it is pretty dramatic seeing him taking on Ex Death on his own and other stuff like Ex Death can never beat him.

So what do you think should be included or excluded to make it more dramatic?
    Im not the director and I dont have any improvements to give. I just didnt think it was a dramatic scene plain and simple.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    Well, I didnt really like the Mimic and Monk classes, so I could only use one ability. And those abilities like HP + 30% I had to equip them, so it meant losing a space for an attack ability. I played ff5 with a translated ROM for the SNES. I donīt know if the PSX version corrected these flaws, but when I played it, I could only equip one ability per character (apart from monks and mimics, of course).
    Just because you use galuf as a monk so often that you think those are his real clothes, doesn't mean that bare=monk (I do that. I restarted the game and saw galuf's real clothing and was like "wtp, when did he dress like this?" then when I got back to the monk job class and slid him in it I understood)

But yes, if you're bare, suppin, don't have any job class you're dressed up in, y ou get to choose two abilities.

And people do choose this once they master all the others because of the reasons mentioned before.

I beat the game the first time with mimic:] mimicking the bahamut summon= <3

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh ya...since we are talking about Galuf now, maybe people will be interested in this....