Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF5= least popular?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I can't agree with you on that, eest, ff6 had some amazing graphics. The phantom forest comes to mind particularly.
    some of the graphics in ff6 are great, but the overwold is so freaking ugly and horrible that it cancels everything else out.

also, more detailed does not necessarily equal better looking. ff5 has simpler graphics than ff6 but they are more aesthetically pleasing.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it means well.

Didn't they use the same type of rendering for the meteor crashes in ff5 that they used for ff6's overworld? Those looked pretty ugly too.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea but those are over quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Just because you use galuf as a monk so often that you think those are his real clothes, doesn't mean that bare=monk (I do that. I restarted the game and saw galuf's real clothing and was like "wtp, when did he dress like this?" then when I got back to the monk job class and slid him in it I understood)

But yes, if you're bare, suppin, don't have any job class you're dressed up in, y ou get to choose two abilities.

And people do choose this once they master all the others because of the reasons mentioned before.

I beat the game the first time with mimic:] mimicking the bahamut summon= <3
    I used Galuf as a monk on the first 5 hours of the game... then I used him as a thief, blue mage, black mage.

My final party was:
    Knight (Butz)- with double grip
    Ninja (Faris)- with equip katana
    Dragoon (Cara)- with black magic
    Summoner (pink-haired girl that I just can't remmber the name)- with white magic

And, talking about Galuf, he's the best character in the game, in my humble opinion.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    FF5 was a big disappointment. I really enjoyed it until much later in the game. I liked the job classes and everything. But, by the time I was nearly finishing it, I started to get really annoyed. The characters are soo stupid (Butz is the worst main character ever), Ex- Death isn't that cool..... And the ability system is terrible.... Each character had over 30 abilities, but I could only use one, apart from the default one for a job class, what really sucks.... And the ending......... it was then that I completely lost faith on this game...... terrible.

the story was ok, the script pretty crap, the characters flat but the job system? dnt be dissing the job system. ffv was as much a strategy as an rpg. you have to apply the abilities when you need them and formulate small and sometimes complex strategies with what you have. you dont stick with the same abilities for long, you change them to suit your needs. when you get further into the game and you have an arsenal of abilities then thats when the fun starts. knowing how to use them means you can defeat the hardcore enemies on supremley low levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

I'm sure FF3 is less popular

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I don't care if FF5 is the most hated game in the world I still love it.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

This forum is slow simply because FF5 is a crapload more fun to play than it is to talk about.

I didn't change my abilities much(I changed between black or jump, white or time, equip katana or attack 4x), mainly cuz I didn't need it. The only bosses I had difficult with were Omega and Shinryu (or somethig like it). I din't beat them mainly cuz I was already pissed off with the game, and I had just bought my ps2 when I was on the last dungeon,so I wanted to play FFX as soon as possible.

Well I just signed up about 30 minutes ago, but anyway...

I think it's less popular than others, becuase people are dumb.

That's the only thing I can come up with.

FFV was one of the better Final Fantasies in my opinion. It was kind of funny at times, I really liked the class system, and the music wasn't half bad either.

So, the only possible reason it isn't popular, is because people are dumb. Yes, that must be true.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazymoronx
    Well I just signed up about 30 minutes ago, but anyway...

I think it's less popular than others, becuase people are dumb.

That's the only thing I can come up with.

FFV was one of the better Final Fantasies in my opinion. It was kind of funny at times, I really liked the class system, and the music wasn't half bad either.

So, the only possible reason it isn't popular, is because people are dumb. Yes, that must be true.

ooooooo another final fantasy v fan tis the best final fantasy along with viii in my opinion

welcome and post lots
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Its one of the more boring ones if you ask me.
    Well...i don't agree with you, it's one of the funnests if you ask me...even though i haven't finished it yet, i still like it

That member is kind of banned...

Although for the record, I don't agree with him either. FFI-4 are far more boring than FFV...

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Tarsis
    That member is kind of banned...

Although for the record, I don't agree with him either. FFI-4 are far more boring than FFV...
    Thank you, someone agrees with me.
    :)

Grin Come on guys...

Come on guys, we all know Final Fantasy VIII (that's right, 8, not 7) is the best Final Fantasy, but FFV is by no means unpopular. I've seen polls where it is ahead of FFVII and FFVIII in preference. Most people here talk about post VI, which is when Final Fantasy revolutionized the world...