Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MULTI-THREADED

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default MULTI-THREADED

Because of how drastically different EoEO and General Chat have become it should be allowed to have the same thread in each forum now. Say people want to joke around and have fun with the topic but it is in EoEO? Can't do it there because of this tarded-re policy of zeroed tolorance. Make a thread that is simliar but is meant to have fun in General Chat...NO!!!!!! NAZITIME! Close the thread. Direct people to the one that is already created and they make a wise crack and get banned!@?Rlfkj WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think we should be able to dual wield threads in General Chat and Eyes on Enormous Ovaries!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the whole thing makes my head hurt. we should just spin off EoEO into a different board.

or just pick the right forum to begin with

That is the thing. They are both the right forum. It depends on the person. Let us take the thread about aids. There is room for serious discussion as well as crazy ass off the wall ideas.

How did he cure it. With a shrink gun and the british army of course *goes into retarded story*

Then there all the serious stuff that is actually being said. Everything has a serious side and a humours side to it.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sometimes rules don't make sense, but you must accept them because you have agreed to the social contract.

PFFFT! My contract expired 23.45 years ago!

Say people want to joke around and have fun with the topic but it is in EoEO? Can't do it there because of this tarded-re policy of zeroed tolorance.
    If you consider flaming a practical and humoerous joke to the rest of the EoFF, then yeah, you're right.

My assumption is that you're talking about the "Man cures himself of HIV" thread. I didnt ask for that thread to be closed, I wanted to follow what Big D suggested and try to 'mold' if you will, GC into a place where it wasnt a 100% spam fest as it currently is now. I was wrong, and now the only place to have a somewhat decent discussion is in EoEO. I wasnt expecting full blown answers to that thread, but something on topic, but that obviously isnt possible.

Im not 'dissing' spam, as I do it myself occasionaly (...frequently) but its sorta stupid where we cant have even one educated thread in GC and have to resort in EoEO. I believe the problem is in GC, not in EoEO.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

A thread about AIDS in GC is going to get closed sooner than later any way you look at it. I can't see what type of crazy ass off the wall ideas you can post anywhere without it being closed.

EDIT: I agree with you 100%, Hawkeye. There used to be a time when that thread would have been fine in GC, but not with today's calibur of posters and posting.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

That was just an example because it is current. Another example of fun stuff that is a bit more realistic would be the french riots.

If the problem is that GC is just way too spammy and you can't have a middle ground then maybe it is time for a spam type forum. So that way you can have the retarded zero tolorance policy and the equally retarded spam spam everywhere policy.

Also if you where ever looking for a decent dicussion in General Chat you must have never been in the right frame of mind. That is what EoEO is for. For serious dicussion. Why do you need 2 forums that accomplish the exact same thing?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Your thread was only screwed up because of a troll, Hawkeye. Other than him it looked like it would have been an okay thread. I certainly wouldn't have posted spam in it, as I don't when Big D makes serious GC threads. Although quite why that troll isn't banned is beyond me. Oh well, those things aren't for me to decide.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How are the French riots fun?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's what I'd like to know, Yams. How you have a thread in GC that is bound to get spammed up on any serious topic? I do not like what has become of GC. Used to be you could still have a decent thread in there on serious or non-serious stuff, but not anymore. It's impossible. The only way to make it possible is to ban quite a few members.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    How are the French riots fun?
    You can

Make fun of the french
    Make fun of riots in general
    Be like south park
    Be like the late show

There are a million ways to have fun with any sort of news article. Let me go home a build a lego empire of riots for to show you how much fun it can be! There are lots of ways to have fun. Don't blame me for your short sightness in the fun department.

Here is a question. Why not have a spam forum then? Because it will spread to other forums?!?! Isn't that why you have the zero crapulance rule in place? Then those people can do their spam and you can have chit-chat back and keep your eyes on emo obstacles forum!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Maybe when I get home I will build a Nazi death-camp out of legos and make a thread about it. It will have the little ovens and everything.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

and you'll post it in GC.

This is obviously our way of cutting down on spam.

Watch:

a child posts a thread on something serious. It goes into EoEo, and thus, it can't be discussed lightly for a couple of months, at which point it passes into oblivion in eoeo, and is fair game for GC.

This is your staff, temporarily forbidding spamming on subjects one thread at a time!

[edit- I made all that up, btw, we aren't *that* mean! Yet.]