Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why am I not looking forward to this game

Im really really getting excited about this title. More so than Advent Children or any of the compilation of VII. The only other game I am as nearly as excited about as the release of XII is KH2.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    By the time this game comes out, I will have probably lost interest in the series…
    You speak as if it will be released in Australia.
    :joey:

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Meh.. After FFVIII, I was always counting the days until the next FF. However, while I will definately buy it, it's just not that big a deal anymore. I barely game as it is and when I do, I play more games that will amuse me for the moment, but can easily be put down. I don't play RPGs much at all, nowadays.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

I will buy it, but after X, that was bad, then X-2 that was worse Im not holding my breath, Square seems to of sold out to noob 10 year old action lara croft fans rather then its traditional playerbase, who knows it may be great but Im not holding my breath.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

I agree with Vyk on a lot of points. Im not looking forward to this at all. Gaming in general, the quality of the games seems to be dropping, Its rare for a game to appear that im interested in, and most of the time, I cant complete them because they get utterly boring.

The last great game I played was Kingdom Hearts.

In fact, almost all PS2 games bore me..

I thought FF12 was gonna be on PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Reborn
    I agree with Vyk on a lot of points. Im not looking forward to this at all. Gaming in general, the quality of the games seems to be dropping, Its rare for a game to appear that im interested in, and most of the time, I cant complete them because they get utterly boring.

So because you've played a fair few boring PS2 games, and because FFXII is going to be a new game, it will be boring and crap quality? I don't see the logic in this, please point it out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecinda
    I thought FF12 was gonna be on PS3?
    Nope, PS2. =)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Andreil Reborn

The last great game I played was Kingdom Hearts.

Its the same with me that I can hardly ever play any computer game anymore without getting bored fast. On my part I think thats just me growing up and having less time to play them, always having to worry about goddamn deadlines, might be the same for you. I bet you that if you go back and play these games that are 'supposedly' much better you'll realise that they arent actually as good as one would usually make them out to be.
    I'm still looking forward to this game though.

I still maintain that you guys are nay-saying with very little to go on. You don't know what the characters' personalities are like. You don't know how they will interact with each other and you know very little about what role they'll play in the storyline. You're complaining that the atmosphere is too bright/colorful and that the characters aren't gritty/serious enough when neither are that much different than any of the games in the series that I've played (and that includes 6-10). In fact, considering some of the extremely silly stuff I saw in FFVII, I'd say FFVIII and FFX were much more somber and mature, so I'm not sure how exactly the games got "less and less gritty."

I just really don't see where the problem is.

The Judges look sick , and Ive enjoyed every Final Fantasy that Ive played (yes even a X-2 alittle), just some more than others. I think itll be good, the only bad FF in my opinion was XI its was a disgrace to FF.

Oh yeah using the smilies on the right.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit.

~Void

Not so sure why you don't like it. I played the demo, I thought it was different. I mean, I really don't care about the characters, just as long as the gameplay is good. I think the battle system is good, Its different.

I dunno... maybe your from a different universe lol.
    Yeah, so what, I'm a chick that plays Final Fantasy. Not my fault my dad got me hooked when I was little. Started with Final Fantasy Tactics, and now I'm on Final Fantasy X-2... And I'm only 14!

I agree that the the overall quality of games is dropping and fast but I still can find an imperfect diamond in the brush sometimes. But i think the only game I every really liked on the PS2 was Kingdom Hearts.(BTW I cant wait for the sequel). After recalling the experience i had playing all the FFs I cant even consider FFX as in my top 3 anymore. The new battle system I do like IN OTHER FRANCHISES!!!!!!!!! but DEFINATELY not in ANY Final Fantasies. The way the game feels while I play it makes me feel like I was playing FFXI. I liked it in FFXI but the only reason i really liked XI was because my sister who is 6 states away played on it. The battle system feels too fast paced because you want to be in a difficult fight and be able to take your time. I could see a slow transition into this sytem in future games but to not release an off-line FF in 5 years and make the battle system be like the online game doesnt feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by yunafan11

I dunno... maybe your from a different universe I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.
    I suspected that also, but Im ok with. that
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit.

~Void

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I can't wait for this game. I wasn't excited for it until I played the demo. Now I can't wait.
    I like Kung-Fu.