Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Buying FF gil correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Valacion
    Hi guys, I'm back! Just took a break to attempt to beat Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I just started playing FFXI again and I was wondering, Is buying FF gil a smart thing to do? Apparently GM are starting to take action against gill sellers and buyers. I have never bought gil before but do you think its worth 10mil gil with the risk of suspention or is it just worth being really poor. I saw the ad on your homepage and I thought about it? Can someone tell me what to do?
    Thanks
    WEll each site differs with prices. There are adds on this site that advertises gil sellers.

I say earn it yourself and save your extra money man.

Most gil sellers are con artist its just dishonest to sell one currency for another make-believe or real.

Like converting US to Euros. You can goto an official place to do that,and then you have those dishonest businessmen who say "hey why not give me 20 dollars and you get 5 Euros."

Anyway its all up to you in the end. I mean you can do it, but you'lll end up spending it unless your like me and you just spend whenever you have to.

Also you shouldn't worry about inflation that much its deflation thats gonna hurt you lol it happened on pandy for about a week kinda sucked hard to get gil and hard to get stuff.SAme with inflation when it goes to the extreme. There should be a good balance but its kinda tough to find that so inflation happens. Gil sellers really dont inflate the prices gil sellers kkinda help the users out while making a penny for themselves.
    SE doesn't like it because SE isn't getting any of that money and they want players to work harder for the gil thus playing longer thus SE making more money.

SAying htis theres nothing wrong iwth SE speaking out against it. SE has to make money to stay alive. And Gil Sellers are kinda "Stealing " SE money. BEcause players are working less harder to earn gil and working more on improving there players and going throught he levels faster.

What slows you down from getting to lvl 75 is the fact that you spend a lot of time earning gil.
    Last edited by lordblazer; 11-21-2005 at 03:38 AM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's cheating. And cheaters suck.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Its not really cheating, its being able to afford something and spending money on it, cheating would be hacking, such as making a program and going invincible. Gilsellers get the gil legitly, and you're paying real cash for it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uh, it's against the rules, therefore it's cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Uh, it's against the rules, therefore it's cheating.
    but its not against the rules because its cheating. Its against the rules because SE loses money from private companies selling video game currency for real cash.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What? That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you're playing monopoly and you make a deal with the banker to give you 500 monopoly money for 5 bucks, you wouldn't consider that cheating? It's against the rules because it's an unfair advantage and even besides all that, the fact that it's AGAINST THE RULES makes it cheating.

I honestly don't know how anyone can advocate buying gil. I work for my gil. I earned enough seed gil through farming crystals in order to invest in something that will return more gil to me. I invest time, energy and capital in order to make my gil. And anyone who says that they don't have time to do this is being lazy.

It takes me 1 hour to make 100,000 consistently and 250,000 when the market fluctuates to my advantage.

Earning a living in FFXI is part of the game. It's part of the challenge. And while gil buying and selling isn't the ONLY reason for the devaluing of gil, you can bet that it's a major factor.

FFXIV Character

Playing a board game for a few hours is alot different then spending months on an MMORPG. Like said above, its against the ToS because they lose money, not because its cheating. The gil is earned fairly, its no different from a friend giving you gil, or items if he/she is quiting, are you considering that cheating as well? It would indeed propose an "unfair" advantage, so from your theory, giving items to friends is considered cheating.

You can choose to earn your gil fairly, like I mentioned above, it should be done "normally" the first time through the game, but in my situation, having played since it was first released in usa on PC, I have quit several times, and each time I've started from scratch.

Also, as I mentioned before, gilbuying and selling has nothing to do with inflation of prices, what changes the prices is what people pay for items, Supply and Demand.

But back to gilbuying being cheating, how exactly do you feel its cheating? Are you so sure of yourself that you're not over using the phrase cheating, or perhaps do you mean "not right, frowned upon"?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To say that gil buying and selling has nothing to do with current ingame inflation pretty much negates your whole arguement to me.

Also, the definition of cheating is to break or violate the rules of the game. This is the part that I don't think you're understanding. Giving friends gil isn't cheating because that's not against the rules. There are no ifs ands or buts about it. It's gaining personal advantage by deliberately going against the rules of the game, therefore it's cheating. The fact that you're arguing that gil buying is NOT cheating is almost mind-boggling.

To say that gil buying/selling is not cheating but just "frowned upon" is like saying that selling cocaine isn't illegal but merely frowned upon. No. That's not the way it works. You buy gil, you're breaking the rules, you're cheating.

If you want to do that, then fine go ahead and do it. Buy your gil, buy mithra prostitutes, I don't care. But don't act as though what you're doing is completely legit. It's not.
    Last edited by Miriel; 11-22-2005 at 10:17 AM.

FFXIV Character

Again, you're not giving legit examples, comparing drugs to ingame currency isn't exactly related. So you're saying if I buy gil, gaining gil from an unfair advantage, it is _not_ the same as gaining gil from a friend, that another person might be jealous of, having him/her having an unfair advantage at gear? Let me ask you something, can you give someone money in monopoly? No, and if you did, the other players would be at an unfair advantage because you're gaining something they're not.

You're simply trying to negate all my points and theorys instead of giving me legit reasons as to why you believe the things you do, which isn't really nice, thats more like flaming.

Let me ask you another thing, what level are you? If you're another non-sky character who doesn't understand the full definition of gods, HNMS, point systems for linkshells, I would not expect you to understand my reasons for buying gil and/or considering it not cheating.

Anyhow, as you wish, if this is just going to lead to a flame war I won't reply, and you can "win".
    Last edited by Khaotic; 11-22-2005 at 11:33 PM.

If you have to buy gil to succeed in this game try this.

/logout > cancel content ID > uninstall

no matter how many excuses you throw around buying gil is against the ToS.

If you cant make money in game without buying it this is not the game for you.

P.S. if you need to use a gameshark, buy gil,use cheat codes, etc to play a game you are just a loser who appearently cant do anything without it being dumbed down for you

FFXIV Character

and I suggest you read this entire thread before throwing a tantrum like a little kid.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one is throwing a tantrum Khaotic. We simply disagree with you.

FFXIV Character

Miriel, he didn't read this thread, I have given a very good "excuse" to buy gil, I played fairly the first 3 times, this time I wanted to play the game for the 4th time without hassleing over farming, and there is nothing wrong with that at all, you have never been in my position, so you really dont have much say in it, or would understand how I feel about it. I have already said, you should play fairly the first time through, but that is not in my case. Its like replaying a game, but to have fun with it, are you telling me you have NEVER used a gameshark only to have fun? You buy a game, you might as well take full advantage of it and have as much fun as possible, there is nothing wrong with beating a game once and then playing it again a different method, by entering cheats, or buying gil to save months of wasting time and play the game with friends.

I also like how you completely ignored my post and "ganged" on me with what he said so you gain the upper hand, with that said, I'm not replying here anymore.

It's funny how you are being so defensive about everything, and making assumptions that we know nothing at all. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Miriel, he didn't read this thread,
    Funny thing is just because he hasn't posted til now doesn't mean he hasn't read it. :/

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!