Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Buying FF gil correct?

Actually Omecle and Miriel he was really rude about what he thought of people who use cheats and buy gil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hori
    If you have to buy gil to succeed in this game try this.

/logout > cancel content ID > uninstall

no matter how many excuses you throw around buying gil is against the ToS.

If you cant make money in game without buying it this is not the game for you.

V

P.S. if you need to use a gameshark, buy gil,use cheat codes, etc to play a game you are just a loser who appearently cant do anything without it being dumbed down for you
    The P.S. part mainly.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one was claiming that he wasn't being blunt and rude. =/

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Replying because strawberry man doesn't understand what I was saying(no offense)

I said he didn't read because he was accusing me of being "dumbed down" and "needing to buy gil" when I have infact played ffxi 3 times "fairly", meaning, I have farmed for hours per day, I have done all of that stuff that every person has done. So to say the stuff he did, even though I've already mentioned this, he did not read what I said, thus thats why I said "he didn't read it", because if he did, then I'm sorry but he has a problem with either understanding what he reads, or he's just a child who goes around flaming random people even though he doesn't understand whats going on.

As for the gameshark comment, I fail to understand why you can't read things before commenting, I said, AFTER you beat the game, there is nothing wrong with starting a new game and to laugh at bosses, to own bosses that you had troubles with, to explore glitches, and more importantly just have fun since you know you've beaten it fairly, why not have some fun now. Does that not make sense to you?

There, I even bolded/underlined the important things for your convience.

Edit: To all his own, we all have our own opinions on things, so I apologize for debating about this topic and stirring things up.

Khaotic, we're not incompetant. We understand fully about the issues with gilsellers and gilbuyers, and it's not a clear cut answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    I have infact played FFXI 3 times "fairly", meaning, I have farmed for hours per day, I have done all of that stuff that every person has done.
    So, because you played three times, it justifies buying gil in end-game? And I don't believe for a second that you had made it through end-game with your other characters. (I am going by what you have told me in the past, though)

In conclusion, just because you think you've found a way to justify why you buy gil, doesn't make it right for everyone else to buy gil. Especially when you have people who don't know a thing about their job in end-game.

I'm not saying all are like this, but I've come across a fair few who have no idea because a) they've bought gil and raced to the end or b) they just bought a high level character.

As far as I'm concerned. I paid for the game, and I pay the monthly fee. I deserve a right to have a legit opinion on gil sellers and buyers, and I deserve the right not to deal with idiots who camp things all day long for their job. It's a game. (And before you go saying anything, no I'd hate to have that kind of job)

---

Do what you will with your money, it doesn't really bother me that much I'm just trying to add to a touchy debate.

Take what you will of my words.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

I'm sorry, but, I dont see why you continue to debate about this.

To all his own, we all have our own opinions on things, so I apologize for debating about this topic and stirring things up.

Okay, so now you've said what you wanted, you're going to totally dismiss everything anyone else said? Also, who's to say that someone else might come along and join in?

You don't own this thread, so stop trying to control it. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

snap.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

FFXIV Character

Control something? I was trying to end the pointless childish debating over something so stupid,I even apologized saying we each have our own opinions, meaning you and I are both correct in our own ways, but if you'd rather continue and possibly make enemies, so be it.

You think I haven't had 2 level 74's? Ask Karenbu on midgardsormr about Sakurai, theres your proof right there. Not only was my BRD level 65(4k tnl) but It was going to 75 with Karenbu, who is my HNMLS leader. You say you doubt I haven't been through end-game activites? What proof do you have exactly? If I remember correctly you're a level 66 pld with no sky access, and you try to correct, or accuse me of lying? You are a pure minimal of HNMLS, if you got one, they would be desperate for a PLD, which isn't always a case, PLD should be 70+ for any major HNM, unless of course you like kissing the floor, not to mention you're taru, and I highly doubt you have good +hp gear to make up for your racial loss, your jelly ring is minimal to bomb queen, etc.

Now, you must be like everyone else who doesn't read correctly, because I never once said buying gil is good, at all times, I said, playing the first time through should be legit, not buying. Anyone will have knowledge of all jobs by the time they come around again, so your arguement and points are nulled.

Yes, you pay, yes you have your own opinions, but you have no say in what other people do, if they camp something thats their lives, not yours.

Dont act like you know endgame stuff, you're talking about "knowing high level endgame people who dont know their jobs" when you, yourself, aren't endgame. Leeching off Linkshell members or watching them kill an HNM doesn't count, when you kite Kirin, Tiamat, Vrtra, one of those, come talk to me about endgame activities, reading about it on a forum doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

See what you had to start? and to think I nearly nominated you as coolest male.

Control something? I was trying to end the pointless childish debating over something so stupid,I even apologized saying we each have our own opinions, meaning you and I are both correct in our own ways, but if you'd rather continue and possibly make enemies, so be it.
    No I was trying to keep an open discussion and I'm sorry if it seemed as a personally attack, I really am. I do not want to make enemies, I just wanted to grow my opinion further.

Dont act like you know endgame stuff, you're talking about "knowing high level endgame people who dont know their jobs" when you, yourself, aren't endgame. Leeching off Linkshell members or watching them kill an HNM doesn't count, when you kite Kirin, Tiamat, Vrtra, one of those, come talk to me about endgame activities, reading about it on a forum doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.
    I'd just like to clear up that I never once said I knew end-game like the back of my hand or experienced it. I'm basing all my opinions on what my friends have been through, and they have been through a lot. (I'm apart of a largish post-HNM linkshell)

As flawed as it may sound, I can still make up some sort of conclusion in what I know. (Not the best, but I still can)

Yes, you pay, yes you have your own opinions, but you have no say in what other people do, if they camp something thats their lives, not yours.
    I guess so, but I didn't think I was paying so that other people can make a living off of it.

Now, you must be like everyone else who doesn't read correctly, because I never once said buying gil is good, at all times, I said, playing the first time through should be legit, not buying. Anyone will have knowledge of all jobs by the time they come around again, so your arguement and points are nulled.
    I did read it correctly. And I don't see why you couldn't make the gil from your high leveled characters? That would make the challenge a lot easier and more rewarding, yes?

Also, please note that I'm not trying to have a personal attack against you, I was trying to make it more generlised -- meaning that not everyone who buys gil has made it through the game even once or twice.

You think I haven't had 2 level 74's? Ask Karenbu on midgardsormr about Sakurai, theres your proof right there. Not only was my BRD level 65(4k tnl) but It was going to 75 with Karenbu, who is my HNMLS leader. You say you doubt I haven't been through end-game activites? What proof do you have exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    (I am going by what you have told me in the past, though)
    Seriously, as I've said in other threads, don't take everything I say personally, I'm just trying to grow my opinions by provoking debates. If I am stiring too much sh*t up, just tell me to stop, please. But I don't see any other way to get others opinions as there's so many with Hori's point of view (as you may have noticed throughout the community).

FFXIV Character

I was ending the debate by apologizing, it is not my fault you couldn't realize that.

Okay, so now you've said what you wanted, you're going to totally dismiss everything anyone else said? Also, who's to say that someone else might come along and join in?

You don't own this thread, so stop trying to control it. =\
    Right, I highly doubt thats "not trying to cause fights, just trying to provoke the debate", thats just simply being an ass, especially the last comment. That would also be a personal attack, which you claim you're not trying to do.

About my past characters, and what "i've told you, in the past" apparently you didn't listen much, because I told you my past characters were on Shiva server, so how exactly could I get gil from them?

Who says you're paying for them to make a living? There is multiple ways to make gil, not just camping an nm. Something I realize people fail to do is talk to the gilsellers instead of going all ape on them. "/tell Gilsellersname {Can you speak english?} ^^" is that so hard? You're also not paying so people can make a living off anything, you're paying so you can play on SE's servers, and you know that quite well. Gilsellers have NOTHING to do with what you pay each month, so stop using that as an excuse.

I was ending the debate by apologizing, it is not my fault you couldn't realize that.

Right, I highly doubt thats "not trying to cause fights, just trying to provoke the debate", thats just simply being an ass, especially the last comment. That would also be a personal attack, which you claim you're not trying to do.
    Sorry I am not in a good mood for these last few days, but I seriously don't mean it to be. And I'm not trying to personally attack, I was saying I'd rather leave it open for discussion rather than just have you shut it down because you don't want to discuss it further (others might).

About my past characters, and what "i've told you, in the past" apparently you didn't listen much, because I told you my past characters were on Shiva server, so how exactly could I get gil from them?
    I don't remember you telling me they were on the Shiva server, to be honest. Slipped my mind.

Who says you're paying for them to make a living? There is multiple ways to make gil, not just camping an nm. Something I realize people fail to do is talk to the gilsellers instead of going all ape on them. "/tell Gilsellersname {Can you speak english?} ^^" is that so hard? You're also not paying so people can make a living off anything, you're paying so you can play on SE's servers, and you know that quite well. Gilsellers have NOTHING to do with what you pay each month, so stop using that as an excuse.
    Everyone that pays to play this game is helping to keep the servers up. If no one paid, then would the gilsellers have a job there still? I know you're thinking "If I don't play it's not going to make a difference", but if you think of it on a larger scale with other people who think this way, it could make a difference.

And I'm not saying I go "all ape on them", I've actually been nice to a fair few, but I have also run in with a fair few that are just plain mean.

I was actually, since you got me with some points, trying to be more reasonable and shaping my opinions. Didn't mean to be an ass about it. But now you're just trying to sink anything I say. =\

Just as a side note: Do you think it'd be easier if SE just made up a more legit store where you could buy gil? Or what do you think the consiquences would be?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Vaprice
    snap.
    I apologize again, Vaprice is the reason I started "flaming" if you wish to call it. I wasn't trying to end the thread, either, I was ending my opinions on it, and by you saying "you, you, you" in all your posts, I was letting you know I was out of the thread, and therefore I didn't want all these "you's" in it, targeting me.

Doesn't matter if they have a job or not, its your choice to let them interfere with your game play, not theirs. I will tell you from experience that not all gilsellers are bad, and they're not greedy, infact, I've been given free items from a group of gillsellers, they also helped me get my wyvern skull from hurricane wyverns for my opo-opo crown, I fail to see how they're so bad just because they chose to sell their fairly earned gil. That, will always be my opinions on gilsellers, it wont change no matter what facts and theorys people create, they may be different on different servers, but from the ones on midgard, they're not doing anything harmful, except for Rage linkshell simply because they use a bot giving other players an unfair advantage. MPKing is part of the game, its competition, and quite frankly its fun whether people admit that or not, it stirs the moment up.

About your "sidenote", THAT would cause problems, for reasons we've both discussed, there would have to be some sort of limit, like atleast 1 job level 75, etc.
    Last edited by Khaotic; 11-24-2005 at 01:53 AM.

I apologize again, Vaprice is the reason I started "flaming" if you wish to call it. I wasn't trying to end the thread, either, I was ending my opinions on it, and by you saying "you, you, you" in all your posts, I was letting you know I was out of the thread, and therefore I didn't want all these "you's" in it, targeting me.
    Understood, sorry I didn't mean to personally attack you. Just came out wrong I guess.

Doesn't matter if they have a job or not, its your choice to let them interfere with your game play, not theirs. I will tell you from experience that not all gilsellers are bad, and they're not greedy, infact, I've been given free items from a group of gillsellers, they also helped me get my wyvern skull from hurricane wyverns for my opo-opo crown, I fail to see how they're so bad just because they chose to sell their fairly earned gil.
    I have met nice gilsellers too, and bad. But also nice gilbuyers and extremely bad ones. I guess it depends where you look.

That, will always be my opinions on gilsellers, it wont change no matter what facts and theorys people create, they may be different on different servers, but from the ones on midgard, they're not doing anything harmful, except for Rage linkshell simply because they use a bot giving other players an unfair advantage.
    Yeah, sorry I don't want to change someones opinion if they feel strongly about something. Just thought I could get more insight on things. And anyone who bots, whether gilsellers or not, are in my bad books anyways.

MPKing is part of the game, its competition, and quite frankly its fun whether people admit that or not, it stirs the moment up.
    I was once told MPK'ing was not around prior to EN release. The reason GM's call it 'part of the game' not is because they can't do anything about it. As people can sue for anything, especially wrongful banning. But that's just what I've read around, take it as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    What? That makes no sense whatsoever.

If you're playing monopoly and you make a deal with the banker to give you 500 monopoly money for 5 bucks, you wouldn't consider that cheating? It's against the rules because it's an unfair advantage and even besides all that, the fact that it's AGAINST THE RULES makes it cheating.

I honestly don't know how anyone can advocate buying gil. I work for my gil. I earned enough seed gil through farming crystals in order to invest in something that will return more gil to me. I invest time, energy and capital in order to make my gil. And anyone who says that they don't have time to do this is being lazy.

It takes me 1 hour to make 100,000 consistently and 250,000 when the market fluctuates to my advantage.

Earning a living in FFXI is part of the game. It's part of the challenge. And while gil buying and selling isn't the ONLY reason for the devaluing of gil, you can bet that it's a major factor.
    How does my statement make no sense?

Just wondering?

IF you had a multimullion dollar corporation adn you invested on a MMORPG and you pay the expenses withthe cash people make and a few pirates(gil sellers) Are selling gil to players and the players are putting SE's profits into people taking advantage of Your MMORPG that your running and trying to make cash off of it? YOu lose millions literally. So to combat this you make it against the rules.

It isn't about cheating at all. Sure you can be a little 8 year old and say that its cheating. I mean gil sellers are wrong for what they do. Hell SE doesn't even get 5% of what a gil seller makes by selling their video game currency.
    Gil Sellers aren't selling their property they are selling SE's property which is hella illegal but there aren't any clear laws on limiting gil sellers because gil sellers are making a profit off of selling gil. So for SE and other companies that invest in MMORPGs they make it against the rules and hire a staff able to find and exploit the gil sellers. This way they won't lose money. It makes business sense to me. SE has to make a profit. It cost so much to run the server pay their staff and employees and have a profit. Anyway rather its cheating or not. Its up to the individual player. I can tell you this. Gil sellers are selling a currency. So its a dishonest business. Selling any kind of currency make believe or real is dishonest. Buyers perpetuate this. So SE cracks down on players who buy gil from these gil sellers.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It doesn't make sense because the fact that it's against the rules is exactly why it's cheating. If the ToS allowed you to buy gil, then it wouldn't be cheating. Since it's expressly forbidden to do such a thing, it is cheating.

It's not hard to understand.

I don't care if you buy gil, I don't care who you buy it from, I don't care how much you buy and for what cost. But it's still cheating! If you're cheating, why not just say, "hey, yeah, I'm cheating cause it's just easier this way" instead of, "hey, I buy gil but it's not cheating, it's just doing something against the rules to make things easier for myself, but it's not cheating." Sheesh, just own up to it.