Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Buying FF gil correct?

Default Is Buying FF gil correct?

Hi guys, I'm back! Just took a break to attempt to beat Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I just started playing FFXI again and I was wondering, Is buying FF gil a smart thing to do? Apparently GM are starting to take action against gill sellers and buyers. I have never bought gil before but do you think its worth 10mil gil with the risk of suspention or is it just worth being really poor. I saw the ad on your homepage and I thought about it? Can someone tell me what to do?
    Thanks

Name: Valacion
    Server: Kujuta
    Job: BLM51/WHM23, Gimped, I know
    Home City: Bastok-I regret it

Thanks Lushs for the Sig and Avatar!!

bad idea. You would be critisized, etc. It's better to be poor. It;s better to do things on your own.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

If you think you'll get away with it go for it. Unless you dont want to take the dum bitching from people.

There are plenty of other ways to get gil. >_>

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Gilsellers are a great annoyance. Supporting them by buying gil from them results in a backlash from the majority of the FFXI community should others find out. Like Straw said, there's plenty of other ways to make money.

Seems a lot of end-game users buy gil. *shrug* I don't really think it'd be worth it, and you are helping out the gilsellers, which for the most part are complete assholes.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Seems a lot of end-game users buy gil. *shrug* I don't really think it'd be worth it, and you are helping out the gilsellers, which for the most part are complete assholes.
    No, not really, most gilsellers are actually really nice people, they're just tired of being labeled as "chinese gilsellers" "japanese gilsellers" etc, you treat them nice, they will treat you nice as well.

Yes, they do MPK on HNM's such as Serket, however thats part of the game, almost everyone will do it, you just need to plan ahead and bring extra people to take care of the undead-low-hp-aggro-mobs.

Shouldn't label people as "assholes" unless you truely know them, dont judge a book by its cover just because they're doing a job you perhaps are jealous of. Playing a game and earning money? {Yes, Please}

As for the topic itself, I'm not afraid to admit I've boughten gil, I wanted to play the game, and not spend days doing stuff I've done in the past, I came back expecting to have fun, not repeat the same old farming I've done countless times already, and there is really nothing wrong with that.

However, if it is your first time playing, I would frown on gilbuying simply because its like using a gameshark for RPG's.
    Last edited by Khaotic; 11-20-2005 at 12:06 AM.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Gilsellers make the economy go bye-bye by devaluing gil. It makes the game harder to play when you're starting up. For that alone I think they're assholes.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Playing a game and earning money? {Yes, Please}
    Apparently they're paid below minimum wage. Sucks to be them.

Gilsellers/Gilbuyers are not only factors that devalue gil, naturally inflation makes gil worth a little less than it is yesterday and pointing it at a scapegoat isnt going to work. Everyone is responsible, me, you, everyone that uses the AH has some kind of dirtyness in it. Gilselling is but only one factor of this. Gilsellers DO NOT MAKE GIL OUT OF THIN AIR, they are gotten by legitimate means within the game with no hacking, therefore gilsellers actually could archive the gil until it is bought. Also if they keep putting in items to the AH, as long as its not a monopolization, they will keep prices DOWN because theres always supply to mea the demand. Gilsellers arent exempt from economic rules in the game and i see they are people too, some nice, some asses.

To me, companies that sell gil are just selling pieces of data to you, not necessarily that even, they can sell the time they are sending that gil to you. If i was the head company, and people would actually pay to get virtual money, i would exploit it and think of the money i can gain. By operating in third world countries or economically less stable countries, they can easily do so with minimal loss for the uneducated and finanally unstable people with minimal training.

Basically to me:

Gilbuyers: Started the gilselling and put a real world value on virtual money and have the means to purchase it whether it be the virutal money itself or the time spent to deliver it.

Gilsellers: Low income families struggling to get more money and working hard and dont see this as a game, but as work, get paid under minimal wage. The head people of the companies see this as a buisness because as long as there is demand, they will keep getting virtual money. Or people that want money out of an MMORPG before quitting.

Whether or not you want to buy is your choice, your decision, i wont look down on you either way because its your money and your gaming experience (for that area only). But to say gilsellers are the sole reason for the economy it is today is just stupidity. I personally wont buy it, however alot of people do look down on gilbuying. Its a pretty gray area, especially with some companies like Sony Online Entertainment selling their own virtual money as well.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Well, RMT isn't supported by SE's terms of service, so it's in the wrong whether it screws the economy or not.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Well not saying in defense of RMT, but you do know you only pay for the transfer of gil, and no one can really ban anyone that transfer gil since its about gil selling, not selling your time for using a free service.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

HI GEORGE I AM! OK!

If you buy gill you are very sad
    Very sad
    Very sad
    I wish you jailtime!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    No, not really, most gilsellers are actually really nice people, they're just tired of being labeled as "chinese gilsellers" "japanese gilsellers" etc, you treat them nice, they will treat you nice as well.

Yes, they do MPK on HNM's such as Serket, however thats part of the game, almost everyone will do it, you just need to plan ahead and bring extra people to take care of the undead-low-hp-aggro-mobs.

Shouldn't label people as "assholes" unless you truely know them, dont judge a book by its cover just because they're doing a job you perhaps are jealous of. Playing a game and earning money? {Yes, Please}
    Haha, whatever. :rolleyes2

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

They do not "inflate" the prices of items, if one item raises in price, all other items will as well.

Starting off, farm fire crystals if you start in San d'oria - theres 6-8k a stack on midgardsormr, that already is more then enough for a just starting off character. Items such as O- Kote aren't meant for every mnk/nin/sam to have, they're luxury items, can't handle the price then dont buy it. People need to stop complaining about prices and learn how to earn it, there is several ways to get gil, all the time people complain about gilsellers "raising" prices, they could be farming, crafting, anything.

I agree with what lionx said, however, they dont always get less then minimal wage, it depends on what "section" they're in, low ranked gilsellers, for example: 4 people who camp nm's in Sea serpent grotto all day, mainly siren hair from Novv the whitehearted, etc, those people probably get less then minimal wage, however, higher tier gilsellers, god killers, sky campers, the more "advanced" HNM's, etc, get alot more because they get more millions of gil.

People judge gilsellers because they want to fit in, people are too afraid to agree with people who think they aren't bad, I'm not saying they're all good, but most of them are, for example, Rage linkshell, they're nice people, but they use a bot program so they know when the HNM/NM will spawn before average players do.

Bottom line is, gilsellers dont inflate the prices, the community does, they can put an item on AH for 4million gil, but they're not forcing anyone to buy it.