Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Buying FF gil correct?

IF you had a multimullion dollar corporation adn you invested on a MMORPG and you pay the expenses withthe cash people make and a few pirates(gil sellers) Are selling gil to players and the players are putting SE's profits into people taking advantage of Your MMORPG that your running and trying to make cash off of it? YOu lose millions literally. So to combat this you make it against the rules.
    Nope, gilsellling actually keeps some people playing. Where some people are so confused as to not being able to make gil those that sell them gil keeps people playing. Like Khaotic who made different chars, some people wouldnt if they had to farm ALL of it back legitly, so buying gil keeps them in the game.

Currently it is still in the gray area, some court rulings are in favor of the player buying gil saying its THEIR data, not the game companies. Some do not even recognize it as a legit case, and some are in favor of game companies. Its one thing to say real currency, but its not, its just data, and no one really has too much legal ownership to that (at least thats what some courts are thinking of).

How are people getting around this? You are paying for their time to send you the gil, not the farming or anything, just the time and nothing is saying its illegal. IGE is the middleman, some people farm it up, sell it to IGE(ie: IGE pays for their transfer time), and they do the same to you.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    It doesn't make sense because the fact that it's against the rules is exactly why it's cheating. If the ToS allowed you to buy gil, then it wouldn't be cheating. Since it's expressly forbidden to do such a thing, it is cheating.

It's not hard to understand.

I don't care if you buy gil, I don't care who you buy it from, I don't care how much you buy and for what cost. But it's still cheating! If you're cheating, why not just say, "hey, yeah, I'm cheating cause it's just easier this way" instead of, "hey, I buy gil but it's not cheating, it's just doing something against the rules to make things easier for myself, but it's not cheating." Sheesh, just own up to it.
    I'm jsut explaining why its against the rules because SE loses players and gil sellers are seling property of SE a creation of SE and exploiting for cash. Its really dishonest to sell gil man

Thats like some ugy in a alley trying to sell you 500,000 Lira for 400 USD.