Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trance

Default Trance

Question about Trance: Is there any simple way to store it like in FFVII / FFX? Why can't I walk around with a full Trance gauge and trigger it at will? I'm getting kinda pissed off about having Trance trigger at the least necessary times.

It's a sad fact, there is no way to hold trance... it's a come-and-go thing...Your best bet is putting those close to trance in the back row so they get less and when a boss comes... put 'em in the front

And FFVII could have made it so you could still Attack in Limit Mode, which is why I can't ever try to save it, which is not a big deal since they get beat and go into limit whenever a boss shows up

Row has nothing to do with how quickly the trance bar fills.

It fills based on how bad you get hurt, in the back row, you only get half the damage... meaning half the trance raise... meaning it could be possible to save it, but no guarantee...

Quote Originally Posted by SoftReset
    Row has nothing to do with how quickly the trance bar fills.
    Then what does?

Quote Originally Posted by Neel With A Hat
    Then what does?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    It fills based on how bad you get hurt, in the back row, you only get half the damage... meaning half the trance raise... meaning it could be possible to save it, but no guarantee...

Damage effects don't seem linear - if I get hit for 50 16 times, my bar won't fill as fast as if I get hit for 400 twice. It also seems to fill faster when allies are down. Aren't there more factors like these?

The Trance bar is a numerical value ranging from 0 (empty) to 255 (Trance). Every hit fills the bar by anything from zero up to Spirit minus one, making it as random as one of Quina's attacks. It doesn't matter how much damage is taken, what type of attack it was, or anything like that.

The only thing that will eliminate the randomness is the High Tide ability. With that every hit will increase the bar by Spirit.
    Last edited by SoftReset; 11-23-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Any tricks to controlling Spirit then? Equipment/status effects? I don't really see any stat-boosting shortcuts in FFIX, but that's because I don't have much experience with it.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f..._max_stats.txt

Read the section written by Terence for a detailed explanation of FFIX's stat-growth system.

[q] SoftReset For giving me a quick summary about my FAQ.
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...asy_ix_marcus_
    eiko_glitch.txt[/q]
    Nice work, and thanks.

Personally, I think trance is the most logical Limit system. It makes sense that you wouldn’t be able to store a massive energy flux like that…

Quote Originally Posted by Neel With A Hat
    [q] SoftReset For giving me a quick summary about my FAQ.
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...asy_ix_marcus_
    eiko_glitch.txt[/q]
    Nice work, and thanks. ;)
    That summary blows and it's wrong, plus the URL is a dead end.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Yeah, I'm with ToD on this one, it's more realistic this way, even if realism isn't something one can relate to FF games but meh.
    :joey:

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clever person:D .
    Personally, I think trance is the most logical Limit system. It makes sense that you wouldn’t be able to store a massive energy flux like that…
    ive never thought of it that way. its not like zidane,cloud,sqall E.C.T could say"as much as im hurt right now and no matter how pissed off i am i want to save the energy for the boss fight.". but i usually think of it this way,its a video game. but in FF9 its clearly more logical but somewhat inconvenient.but i always just train up until the trance is near full before the boss fight so its no big deal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*