Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 360 Arrives...

Default The 360 Arrives...

Ladies and gentlemen, moments ago, the first Xbox 360 was sold, officially beginning the next generation of gaming. It was beautiful sight to behold as the first buyer raised the system above his head and proudly declared he was the first buyer for the new system... Well, it wasn't that beautiful, but whatever. Anyway, the 360 is now being ship to stores all over the world, and fans of the first XBox couldn't be more thrilled. This is truly a great day that will go down in gaming history forever. *Tears of joy*

Now, I say we break out the whiskey and celebrate!!

it almost brings a tear to my eye... not really, but you get the point
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Hope the system pays off for all the work put into it. The same goes for the up and coming systems as well.

Its gonna flop ......

I'm gonna wait till they restock more XBox 360s since we only got a short supply of them. But I'm losing patience with the 360's game library. They better freaking have some good games from Sega or SNK.

I just can't wait till the 360 gets KoF XI.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll show some interest when games I feel are worth buying are actually announced. I would like to say that I feel sorry for anyone who may have preordered and got screwed over by the shortage. Not sure if anyone here falls into that category, but it does suck for those who placed their order months in advance because they actually wanted one today.

I'm going to get a kick out of the first article that says that people are mad because it preforms just like the regular XBox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you really need HDTV for this to look how it should. How many people have that?
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't buy it until I had an HDTV or a really big VGA monitor. Besides, the only game the interests me at this moment is PDZ. I'll wait until Oblivion comes out in Q1 2006 to consider getting a 360.

All HD does is increase the resolution, and maybe frame rate, any advanced graphics and effects would still be there on a normal TV.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's harder to notice the detail, though. It's the same thing on PCs. Playing at 1280x1024 or even 1024x768 looks a lot better than playing at 640x480 or 800x600 resolution. The gameplay is the same of course, but what's the point in getting a 360 right now if not for the next-gen feel?

Its way too expensive right now for me to buy it and there no games I want to play for it out yet(Heck the original XboX still doesnt have any games I want). I'd be getting ripped off if I bought one now.

You lot seem to be loaded with money, you buy a system because it has a few good games. I buy one system, only one. And it has always been Sony. I cant afford all systems. And nowadays, they all have the same games ...

I'll refrain from purchasing a 360, thank you very much. Personally, I'd prefer a system with quality games instead of just hype.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i want a ps3, (i always say) if it doesnt have an add-on for devil may cry.... i want nothing to do with it.

Big in america *Which means little*
    Suck in Asia *Which counts for a lot*
    Do lower than decent wtihin the european countries.

But I do hope that it has good games *DoA* May the force be with the new gen gaming console.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...