Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 360 Arrives...

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I'll refrain from purchasing a 360, thank you very much. Personally, I'd prefer a system with quality games instead of just hype.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    I'll refrain from purchasing a 360, thank you very much. Personally, I'd prefer a system with quality games instead of just hype.
    Indeed. Hardware alone won't get you far if your games are lacking.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

IT'S TWO-HUNDRED-AND-SEVENTY-BLOODY-POUNDS!Damn Microsoft! Damn them to hell!
    Because of the hugely inflated price, it'll be over a year before I ever get hold of one. I'll just have to make do with the Xbox's back catalouge until then... damn Microsoft!

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Its gonna flop ......

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Ps3 > xbox360

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Traitorfish
    IT'S TWO-HUNDRED-AND-SEVENTY-BLOODY-POUNDS!
    Haha, for a moment there I thought you were referring to the weight of the thing. :laugh:

(someone can post the xbox360 ytmnd thing now if they wish)

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaprice
    Big in america *Which means little*
    Suck in Asia *Which counts for a lot*
    It is getting a bit more support than the original Xbox did, notably by Mistwalker and Square-Enix. Then again, we shouldn't look to Japanese games as the be all end all games of the gaming market. Some pretty great gaming names are sprouting from outside Japan, such as David Jaffe and Jeremy Soule.

I can also understand concern for the American market of video games. Most are the "EA" style racing games or sports games. These don't quite appeal to the dedicated gamer, and the market seems to be flooding with them. This doesn't mean Japan is the only country that is capable of producing the gripping, and artful titles, it just means that the US still needs more development time and practice before the market expands to a point where the interactive story draws appropriate creative attention. This is not to say Japan has hit the mark, because it hasn't. For some reason, the stagnant and repetitive offline MMORPG series known as "Dragon Quest" is still top banana over there.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Ps3 > xbox360
    damm right

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Having played all EA's release title's for the 360 last month, I wasn't that impressed with any of them. Yes they loocked nicer than current gen game's, but they weren't overly impressive. More Xbox 1.5 than next generation to me. Even Rare's offering, Kameo didn't impress me that much. And the fact that if you havn't got an HDTV, part of the screen is missing is a bad move from Microsoft. Most people don't even have an HDTV so why cater for the minority.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NM
    Most people don't even have an HDTV so why cater for the minority.
    HDTV's are to the point now where you can get them pretty cheap as I understand. Manufacturers are already planning on making them the standard within the next few years which means you soon won't be able to buy anything but HDTV's. Once that happens, there's no reason not to support it. Microsoft and Sony are just getting a jump on that market. It will probably be within the lifespan of both consoles that HDTV's become standard and far more common.

yeah, the 360 is here. while other people around the world are hooting and hollering to try and get their hands on the probably purposly under produced system, i'm saving for the PS3. weather or not it comes in 2006 or 2007.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

While I am the creator of this thread, I must say I'm not buying this immediately, perhaps not at all. The only thing that I'm interested in is Call of Duty 2. I played it at EB, and it was fun as hell. Other than that, there isn't anything that interests me, not even Oblivion. I'm simply glad that we can actually mark this as the beginning of the next generation.

yeah, i'll give the people at microsoft that much. cracking the bottle of champaign on the next gen of game consols, consols that make cinemas from the PS1 look like a bad graphics engine. i just wish the system being cristened was the PS3 instead of the 360.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

Quote Originally Posted by YukiKiro
    i just wish the system being cristened was the PS3 instead of the 360.
    I'd already own one if that were the case.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22
    HDTV's are to the point now where you can get them pretty cheap as I understand. Manufacturers are already planning on making them the standard within the next few years which means you soon won't be able to buy anything but HDTV's. Once that happens, there's no reason not to support it. Microsoft and Sony are just getting a jump on that market. It will probably be within the lifespan of both consoles that HDTV's become standard and far more common.
    Afaik, the FCC anounced that all TV broadcasting in the US would be going all digital by 2006, thus TVs would be going digital HD exclusively. In other words, Sony and MS don't have much of a choice as to whether to support the HD route. Not supporting it would be forcing an increasing number of gamers to watch games at worthlessly low resolutions.

And for reference, non-progressive NTSC games on current consoles are only about 352x240 (480 interlaced) or 352x480. Quite a poor resolution when compared to 720x480 or 1920x1080 HD resolutions.