Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega and ultima weapon

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Default Omega and ultima weapon

this must have been done a thousand times before but what the hey.

I blitzed ffviii and enjoyed the experience with a faint tingle in my groin area. However, i kinda missed both omega and ultima weapons (dont ask me how, i really have no idea) Omega is one of those "designed not to beaten bosses" which makes me want to fight him more than i want to live. A friend of mine says he is only possible to beat using hero potions. I find this hard to believe as it sounds incredibley farfetched and damn cheap. im currently starting through the game again (using a guide to pick up anything i missed as this may have dented my still great but could have been better gaming experience. when i find them i will give it my all and wont give up until they are beaten.

but before i get ahead of myself (okay maybe a little late for that) is there any hope i can beat them without resorting to cheap tactics. some of you on here have done some amazing things, has anyone beaten them with some dignity? or is what i have heard simply largly over exagerated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies
    Last edited by Christmas; 11-22-2005 at 10:21 AM.

oh man, now i feel cheap coz everyone told me how to do it. but i cudnt stop reading ah well, i'll come up with some new and interesting ways to beat him (dont hold me to it tho)
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

i will have to beat them a few times before i attempt something as unbelievabley hardcore as that :P im looking forward to takin them on though.

another Q. for you all (or unknowns) on a difficulty scale, how would you compare them to shinryu and omega from ffv and emerald and ruby from ffvii?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Depends on how you defeat them. If you use the mime+counter trick against Emerald and Ruby, they are really peanuts....

As for Shinryu and Omega, I haven't heard of any tricks to defeat them instantly....

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    Depends on how you defeat them. If you use the mime+counter trick against Emerald and Ruby, they are really peanuts....

As for Shinryu and Omega, I haven't heard of any tricks to defeat them instantly....

i know all the tricks for omega and shinryu. one-hit-kill on omega and killing shinryu before his initial tidal wave attack.

i can destroy emerald without materia (exept the underwater materia. i had plenty of megalixers handy) no such luck trying this with ruby yet although i have a basic strategy, it just needs some work.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    i know all the tricks for omega and shinryu. one-hit-kill on omega and killing shinryu before his initial tidal wave attack.
    I not very sure about FF V since it been so long I played it and if that is the case, I guess all of them are equally easy if you use the right strategy or right "trick"...

I think for Omega Weapon, it should be possible to kill it before it uses Terra Break.

i can destroy emerald without materia (exept the underwater materia. i had plenty of megalixers handy) no such luck trying this with ruby yet although i have a basic strategy, it just needs some work.
    Does using the W-Item to get items before you fight them counted as using Materia?

I not very sure about FF V since it been so long I played it and if that is the case, I guess all of them are equally easy if you use the right strategy or right "trick"...

I think for Omega Weapon, it should be possible to kill it before it uses Terra Break.

Does using the W-Item to get items before you fight them counted as using Materia?

I only used Cloud when I fight Ruby Weapon.

If I remember correctly, I used elixirs to heal, drink a sip of hero drink before using Omni Slash when the times comes. I repeated this cycle several time.

yeah im afraid the w-item glitch was used but seeing as it wasnt in battle against emerald then it doesnt count as using materia to beat him. it was the items i used to beat him :P no arguements

thats a good way for taking on ruby. my basic method was to throw an item at him which would paralyse him, but usually he stayed paralysed for one turn and wasnt happy about it at all

im not overly worried about Terra Break. It seems it can be gaurded against so it inflicts 0HP damage. Id like to find a way to defeat him quicker or by using unusual tactics but i fear everyone has already covered every angle of him.

as for ffv, no one has ever come up with the unique strategies i have formulated but in fairness not alot of people have played it, and those that have dont go as in depth as they would the later ff games. im currently formulating a strategy to beat omega without using any form of magic which i may test later this week.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    im not overly worried about Terra Break. It seems it can be gaurded against so it inflicts 0HP damage. Id like to find a way to defeat him quicker or by using unusual tactics but i fear everyone has already covered every angle of him.
    Well, by defeating it before it uses Terra Break is pretty fast as it uses a fixed cycle of attacks which you might know it.

I'm not talking about the damage done by Terra Break..sorry..:kaodrop:

Well, by defeating it before it uses Terra Break is pretty fast as it uses a fixed cycle of attacks which you might know it.

I'm not talking about the damage done by Terra Break..sorry..:kaodrop:

lol i'll give it a shot. im a ways off yet tho. i started it again yesterday and saved after ifrit. i ended up starting ffv again too and focused more on that. i'll probly have forgotten all the tips ive read by the time im back to em

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Consult Ultima Shadow regarding Omega/Ultima Weapons. And whatever you do, dun say Omega Weapon is (SPOILER)harder than Ultima Weapon...

How is that a spoiler?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cause that word is sensitive......

:rolleyes2