Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On your skin forevar!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've wanted a tattoo on my lower back somewhat of something like a rose with a snake wrapped around it or something, but I'd end up regretting it, so I've never thought about it too seriously.

Why would you want to be a walking image? Avoid the pain, the dirty needle, and a image thats going to follow you for the rest of your life, and dont get a tattoo. Imho

I don't have a tattoo, but I've been planning on getting one.
    I drew a khepri for myself. It's quite big and I'm planning to make a smaller design.
    (you know the bug, the egyptian god of creation, reborn and the movements of the sun. Also known as a symbol for good luck).

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If I did get a tattoo, I would have one of some broccoli on my bicep. Why? It'd be hella manly. I'd have to use pepper spray to keep the women away...oh wait, I already do. Well, they SAY they're women...

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would not want to permanently scar my body with something my 19 year old self currently finds to be spiffy. I'm sure that if I did, my 30 year old self would be pretty annoyed.

I wouldn't get one. Even if you think it looks good now, by the time you retire it will be just an dark ugly smuge on your skin.

I don't think it would be worth it, but if it floats your boat....

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I would not want to permanently scar my body with something my 19 year old self currently finds to be spiffy. I'm sure that if I did, my 30 year old self would be pretty annoyed.
    My thoughts exactly.

I wouldn't ever get one, and personally I find them to be very ugly on girls.

Nah, I'm not a big fan....my boyfriend wants them, but personally I think they are ugly...

On certian people they look ok, but I wouldn't want one...

Now I've said that in 20 years they'll have an EoFF reunion and I'll be covered head to toe in them....

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't mind when other people get them, but I personally don't like them. And, right now, I just plain hate them because BJ wants to get one. I can't stand the thought of it.

I dont like...

Love is equal to suffering

I have two, one on each of my arms, upper arm area. On my left shoulder is an all blue simple celtic cross. On my right is a tribal with the initials and dates of the first father figure I had in life. Did it hurt? Not terribly, more like a cat scratch for an hour. If you're looking at an area of your body that has less muscle and fatty tissue and more bone and nerve, it's going to hurt more. As far as the whole pro vs con thing: yes, I am marked for life. no, I will never regret getting the ones done that I have because they are both meaningful to me. I plan on getting more, but always with a purpose and not just because. Most people end up regretting the ones that are whims, because it does lose it's luster because it means nothing. Everyone I know that has one with significance has never regretted it.
    Tyler lies back and asks, "If Marilyn Monroe was alive right now, what would she be doing?"
    I say, goodnight.
    The headliner hangs down in shreds from the ceiling, and Tyler says, "Clawing at the lid of her coffin."

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The one I'm getting is meaningful - well to me, anyway.
    I've always been obsessed with the sky at night - sometimes at night before I go to bed I just sit at my window and look out.
    I've always thought of stars of as the people that I've loved and that are sadly, either deceased or are no part of my life anymore.

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

If I had one, I'd only ever get a small one. Then again, I saw this Aerosmith one what I really liked, but you know, If I stopped liking them I'd really regret it.

I thought about geting a stylized Kabbalistic tree of life tatooed on my back with Latin text, but then I remembered tatoos hurt. And are permanent.
    lol signature

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I have a few homemade ones on my hands, which was kinda stupid because they're pretty ugly.