Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: On your skin forevar!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My friend had hers coloured today, and she was telling me how much it hurt as I lay waiting to get mine. It didn't hurt much at all so i just got it coloured at the time. ^_^

My real good friend who passed away a few months ago, his nickname was P-lo and I thought of getting a small tatoo of that somewhere.

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I got my tattoo, I think I could probably equate the feeling to about a 3-hour-long persistant catscratch. But it's not so bad as long as you can focus on something else. The tattoo parlour was playing a Cranberries album I knew, so I just sang along with it while the guy did his art. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    I got mine today, it didn't really hurt as much as people say it does.
    Depends on where you get it. The one on my chest hurt like a bitch. Plus the muscle/fat ratio is important. If you are skinny or defined it would hurt more, as needle to muscle or bone is worse than needle to fat.

Where did you decide to have it done (on your body)? And if I may ask, what was your reason for putting it wherever you chose to put it? :D

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vyk, I got my tattoo in near the bottom of my back, in the center. I got it done there because I wanted it there because I wanted it somewhere where I could choose whether it was on display to the world or not. I don't know whether that is why other girls get their tattoos there, whether its 'trendy' or not, doesn't bother me at all. At first I was going to have my tattoo done on my hip, but I thought it would look a bit out of place because of the size, and decided to get it done on my lower back instead.

Cuchulainn, I am average size, and my tattoo was on my lower back. The only time my tattoo had real pain was when she was tattoo'ing around my spine. The rest of the time it was basically nothing. I suppose different people have different pain tolerances also - as a friend found hers very very painful and hers was roughly the same placement as mine. :O

I'm getting one on my neck next year. A barcode. Don't ask haha.

Tôi đói.

Thanks for the response ^_^ Just for the record, I wasn't trying to get a stereotype or anything. I know different girls have different reasons. I was genuinely curious since that spot is so common. At least one girl's answered :D (And happy birthday)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doofhull
    When I got my tattoo, I think I could probably equate the feeling to about a 3-hour-long persistant catscratch. But it's not so bad as long as you can focus on something else. The tattoo parlour was playing a Cranberries album I knew, so I just sang along with it while the guy did his art. :3
    Exactly..I was lucky enough to have my husband to distract me the whole time.. and about 3 margaritas..

I have like 5 tattoo's. 1.A large Set of angel wings on my back. 2.A skelator dragon on my sholder down a little past my elbow. 3. G A M E O V E R Down the middle of my fingers. 4.A spider web on my elbow. 5.The tattoo that Red 13 has on his sholder from FF7 on my upper arm. I like Tatoo's and I love art so maybe thats why I like them so mutch ;D Never Know ><__><

Munition
    ---------------------------

Have you got/want any tattoos?
    I have two. One is right behind my heart (on my back)... a small one of a crouching panther. The other is near my right pelvic bone and it is the kanji for my name.

Did it hurt?
    Not as much as people said it would. The one on my lower body hurt more than the one on my back... obviously because of the difference in sensitivities of my skin at different body locations.

Opinions on tattoos?
    This is a multi-part answer.

(1) I think it's HILARIOUS when I see non-Asian people with kanji tattoos. I read about a Japanese tattoo artist that got so offended that he began stenciling phrases such as "whore" and "ignorant bastard" on their backs.

(2) Tattoo sleeves really only work on guys.

(3) Girls who get Playboy bunnies tattooed right above their asses have a red blinking light over their heads, flashing the words "I am easy, smurf me now." They're just asking to be disrespected.

(4) Placement and taste is key. If you're a chick and you've gotten a complex tattoo in an area that may one day stretch beyond belief (especially if you're planning on having kids), that may have been a poor lapse of judgement. Spontaneous, tacky tattoos such as Spongebobs will one day be regretted.

(5) Do not get a tattoo unless you are SURE you want it. Some people feel that tattoos are so stylish and sexy that they'll rush off to LOOK for something they want inked into their skin. The idea for a tattoo shouldn't be forced. It should mean something to you and come to you naturally.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yooniece
    (5) Do not get a tattoo unless you are SURE you want it. Some people feel that tattoos are so stylish and sexy that they'll rush off to LOOK for something they want inked into their skin. The idea for a tattoo shouldn't be forced. It should mean something to you and come to you naturally.
    Amen.

I knew exactly what I wanted, and why I wanted it, when I got mine. Same with the one that I want next: the American Idiot heart hand grenade (minus the hand) on the left side of my chest, after I have my surgery. First of all, it's not immediately recogniseable as a piece of Green Day artwork, but is still a very interesting bit of imagery. Secondly, the reasoning for the placement is obvious. And there's the fact that I've been a Green Day fan for over ten damn years now.

...Good god, I'm ancient. D:

I want a tiny Yevon sign on my wrists. or an Anima on my chest. Don't think I would have the nerve to get the Anima one though.... I AM getting the yevon one though. How old do you have to be in the UK?