Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its 100% offical now

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't played the demo but I always had a feeling that it would be my favorite FF game...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Got DQVIII. Just played the demo maybe an hour ago. Freakin' amazing is really all I can say to describe it. I want FFXII now.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    When I really started to get information for FFXII, it seemed to me that FFXII had the potential to be one of the best--if not the best--Final Fantasy titles ever. I'm one of the weird few that hands that award to Final Fantasy IX, so my tastes seem to differ from the masses.

That aside, I'm psyched about this game. This is definitely my most anticipated game for the past two or three years (topping Kingdom Hearts 2, which is a big thing for me at least). I should be getting Dragon Quest VIII for Christmas, so that demo will be mine soon. All I have to do is wait just a little longer. I'm so freakin' excited. =D

I agree, only I hold FFVI over FFIX.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

hmm...i wonder how many people bought DQVIII just for the demo.

I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen, the graphics look good, but i'm not so sure about the storyline. Then again they ALL sound boring until you get to the part the intro doesn't mention.

As long as it is better that X-2, I'll be happy.

What isn't better than X-2?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

i pretty much bought dqviii for the ffxii demo. <3 the demo, but it really leaves you wanting more.
    kinda weirded out by the espers a bit, they're not traditional summons, mutant monsters, siamese twins...kinda weird. but i liked it nonetheless. just wish i had more control over the espers.

FFXII =
    FFXI battle system
    FFX graphics
    FFT music/story
    i'm generalizing but it's true

honestly though, while i'm even more hyped than ever now about ffxii, the best part about the demo is not the demo. w/out the demo i would have never bought dqviii. dqviii is awesome. graphics match the gameplay so well. voice acting while not perfect is pretty good for an rpg. music is great. i'm enjoying the skillpoint system so far, but i'm only lvl 10, haven't even really gotten into it yet. all-in-all dqviii really makes up for the hideous dqvii, which i still haven't been able to force myself to finish, bc of the utter boredom that overcomes me when i start it up. bundling ffxii demo in the game screams "buy me" desparately, but i don't think they needed to resort to such a marketing hook, dqviii is a great game. go buy it
    now

i played the demo and loved it i cant wait for this game my fav character wil probley be basch he looks awsome man i cant wait and i cant wait for kh2 either

Quote Originally Posted by chionos
    i pretty much bought dqviii for the ffxii demo. <3 the demo, but it really leaves you wanting more.
    kinda weirded out by the espers a bit, they're not traditional summons, mutant monsters, siamese twins...kinda weird. but i liked it nonetheless. just wish i had more control over the espers.

FFXII =
    FFXI battle system
    FFX graphics
    FFT music/story
    i'm generalizing but it's true

honestly though, while i'm even more hyped than ever now about ffxii, the best part about the demo is not the demo. w/out the demo i would have never bought dqviii. dqviii is awesome. graphics match the gameplay so well. voice acting while not perfect is pretty good for an rpg. music is great. i'm enjoying the skillpoint system so far, but i'm only lvl 10, haven't even really gotten into it yet. all-in-all dqviii really makes up for the hideous dqvii, which i still haven't been able to force myself to finish, bc of the utter boredom that overcomes me when i start it up. bundling ffxii demo in the game screams "buy me" desparately, but i don't think they needed to resort to such a marketing hook, dqviii is a great game. go buy it
    now

Why would you buy a 50 dollar game solely for the demo... At least you know there's a game that is way better than any final fantasy.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper
    What isn't better than X-2?
    FFCC.

It looks good, but until I actually play the game in full...well, I can't really say much else.

FFXII looks ok, let's hope the love story isn't a major issue.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

considering that it isn't a love story will make the story that much better. No more sappy melodrama.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper
    Why would you buy a 50 dollar game solely for the demo... At least you know there's a game that is way better than any final fantasy.
    Because i'm a nut-job.
    And I never said DQVIII was better than -any- Final Fantasy. I still would take any final fantasy game over any dragon quest game. FFXI is the best game I've ever played. FFVI is the best non-mmorpg i've ever played, and I have a feeling that FFXII will change my opinion of that.
    All I said is that the game, DQVIII, was better than the FFXII -demo-

and sappy melodrama is woven into the very fabric of Final Fantasy existance.

No, it will be for PS2

ebay

Banned

The character models could use a LOT of work, and the battle system wasn't all that spectacular. Probably the element that stood out the most to me was the summon system. How can you not like someone whose main attack is called Roxxor?

As far as the love story and "emos" go, EVERY Final Fantasy has featured emos, and every Final Fantasy since II has featured some kind of love story. It's about time for something different.

Better than Final Fantasy VII and VIII? I don't know, it's got to pretty much be GOD-LIKE to be better than those two. I'll know for sure when I here "GOD-LIKE!!" resonate from some unknown source when I open the Final Fantasy XII packaging. Just like when I opened the Final Fantasy VIII package and a voice out of nowhere bellowed "EXCELLENT!!"

Yeah, I know, I play way too much mortal kombat, lol.