Thread: PS2 quit working.

Default PS2 quit working.

My PS2 is going on 3 1/2 years old, so I decided to give it a good cleaning. I took the top of the console off and was careful to not break the ribbon for the open and reset buttons. I blew the dust out of it and put the top back on, easy enough. Well now it doesn't work. I have no idea why, the ribbon is still attached! Anyone have an idea?
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

Off-Topic:
    You're quiz in the sig has TOO many pop-ups
    On-Topic:
    Show it to a game person or whatever, they could fix it.

I feel a song coming on.. Pointless's Avatar

When you say it doesn't work what do you mean? Does it not switch on? Can it not read the disc?

it doesn't turn on, i flip the switch and it basicly acts like it's not plugged in. Even though it is. I've checked everything.
    How I mine for fish!?

I feel a song coming on.. Pointless's Avatar

Sounds like a connection's gone somewhere. Is there anywhere you can take it to have it looked at?

Only person i can think of that might be able to fix it is my A+ and Cisco systems teacher, he fixed my friends X-Box so maybe he can do this. I don't think it matters to much now, my friend is selling me his for $80. He just got a 360 so he has to pay that off, heh. And i know it's in good condition too, he almost never palys it. My cousin bought a used one at an EB for $110 and you have to reset it 8 times before it'll play anything. I think i'm gonna take it to my A+ teacher,
    How I mine for fish!?

"if it ain't broke don't fix it" as the saying goes.
    If your teacher can't do anything some video game store place must fix them for less than $80.

Possibly, but it was starting to develope some disc tray problems. I wasn't getting that one error where it won't read discs or anything, but everytime i opened the disc tray it made this nasty grinding noise and what not. I'm not to sure if it's fixeable. I kinda hope it is, that way i can get it fixed and keep it on hand as a spare.
    How I mine for fish!?