Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butz is a very deep character.

Default Butz is a very deep character.

I love the part of the game where you're around LV. 35, where Butz goes on a quest to find himself. He's never able to, though, because he's just too deep to be comprehended. Poor guy.

I'm still at the start, but Butz seems a lot like Firioniel, no real emotion or character... just the leader...

Uh, Butz shows a LOT of emotion. At one point, Lenna tells Butz that she wants to be "just friends", and he starts crying and runs away. It's truly heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    I'm still at the start, but Butz seems a lot like Firioniel, no real emotion or character... just the leader...
    Hmmm....sounds like Cloud. He lacked a personality and emotion. Anyhow, Butz portrayed a more comical sort of personality in my opinion. Quite often it was him that made a tense moment slightly light hearted. But I don't think Butz really had that much of a unique personality.....He was still an awsome character though.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Especially when he show so much care for Boco....

You know, let me just summarize the characters of FF5 right now.

Butz: HELLO! I AM TEH HERO.
    Lenna: LOOK AT ME. I AM A PRINCESS. FALL IN LOVE WITH TEH HERO OKAY.
    Faris: I'm totally badass. Yar.
    Galuf: Hey. I'm old. And I know stuff. Hey wait, who the hell am I?
    Krile: Look! I'm adorable!

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Bartz isnt really the leader, he was the last person who agreed to go on this quest. Reina and faris jumped in because their father told em to and galuf felt this was the road to get his memory back. krile wanted to avenge galuf. bartz came along coz he fancied reina............shallow prick
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey
    Uh, Butz shows a LOT of emotion. At one point, Lenna tells Butz that she wants to be "just friends", and he starts crying and runs away. It's truly heartbreaking.
    i said I am only at the beginning...

Sorry for spoiling the game, then.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

although in earlier FFs personality is lacking bartz has a goos personality. hes funny and pretty energetic but thats about it. he says things at the funniest times though.dont ask me why but when (SPOILER)x-death awakes and bartz says "oh crap." its hilarious and also near the start of the 3rd world where bartz and krile start fighting then bartz says "kids. who needs em." and bartzes fear of heights. bartz has the best personality in FF5.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Butz has the personality of a *turnip.

*We sincerely appologise to any turnips present who may be offended to being compared to a character with a personality like that of a **potato.

**We also appologise to any potatos present who may be offended to being compared to a character with a personality like that of a ***stick of celery, or to a turnip.

***Celery we don't like, so they can cry all they want.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Hey now, I like celery. It's about as addictive as any other fruit/vegetable.

The only emotion I remember Bartz having is when he looks under the sheets after Faris gets hurt and realizes that Faris is a hot chick. He falls in love (or more likely lust). My guess is that he was already inexplicibly attracted to Faris and was have some issues trying to sort out his own sexual preferences until he realized that he was a she.

Blog Entries

He loves his chocobo and he OBVIOUSLY takes care of it. I'd say he's very lifelike.