View Poll Results: Favorite Last Boss Battle?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • FFT

0 0%
  • FFT Advanced

0 0%
  • ff1

0 0%
  • ff2

2 3.85%
  • ff5

1 1.92%
  • ff6

14 26.92%
  • ff7

10 19.23%
  • ff8

14 26.92%
  • ff9

7 13.46%
  • ff10

4 7.69%
  • ff10-2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Final Boss Set

Default Favorite Final Boss Set

Why do I say Set, because really the last boss is usually like 5 bosses in 1 or something of the sort.
    BLACK ANGEL:evilking:

Haven't you run out of ideas for threads yet? You've been making them all day.

I'm not really sure who my favourite set is, none of them really stand out in my mind.

actually yes i have run out of ideas. lol but I never really talk alot in real life so i like to get it all out somewhere else ya know. ill be outta idea for like a billion days. do you think of it as a bad thing?
    BLACK ANGEL:evilking:

Not at all. Recently the boards have been rather slow, at least compared to some days, and your input has helped to rekindle discussion and pique people's interest in certain areas of the game that hasn't been talked about much of late.

For the purposes of the poll I'll vote for FFIX, but only because I like the battles with the four guardians leading up to the final bosses.

I'll rate each out of 10 then vote.

I didn't like FFI as Chaos was easy and I din't like the dungeon. (2)

FFT I also didn't like the end of because Orlanud could do like 500 while healing that amount without any insane equipment, he slaughtered everything. (5)

FFVII was pretty good, but I didn't like Sephy's first form. Safer Sephiroth and True Sephiroth were cool though. As Sephiroth is in my opinion the best FF main enemy that boosts this. (8)

FFVIII had the well done dungeon with the eight bosses, Tiamat is really cool, and I liked Griever as a form of the final boss. Ultimecia wasn't the greatest of final bosses which hurts this. (8)

FFIX had the four elementals which were okay but weren't special, Deathgaze was a good pre-final boss set boss. Kuja's my second favorite main enemy and I always love fighting him... but then Necron who has no importance shows up. (8)

FFX had Seymour who I like, and is definitely the main enemy with most importance. Sin wasn't a very interesting enemy, and Jecht was okay. Not too much development outside of a bit for Seymour. And Yu Yevon is okay but again has ne character. (6)

FFX-2 had Shuyin who was the main point of a weak story and the incredibly weak Vegnagun. (4)

So a lot have 8/10, FFIX and FFVIII both have reasonably big problems (without Necron FFIX would definitely win) so I guess FFVII gets my vote.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

To me FFL2 had the best one.

you had to kill a God who's mind was bent solely on being powerful.
    his death results in you haveing to team up with a differant god.then you and your party have to travel down into the middle of the earth to fight a guardian.
    it has a simple name (Arsenal) and has simple but powerful attacks... took me two play throughs to beat it.

to bad you never included it on the list.

Blog Entries

I quite like the FF6 final boss. Dancing Mad + the multi-tiered super fight = Pure bliss. The final dungeon wasn't too bad either but the final battle itself was what did it for me.

Ultimecia's Castle in FF8 is, in my opinion, the one with the best design to date. The awkward camera angles, weird puzzles and boss fights all add to a really enjoyable experience. The final battle against Ultimecia was also pretty good. I especially like her final monologue before she died.

The lead up to the final battle in 10-2 doesn't get enough credit, I think. The whole musical note puzzle was pretty cool and the concept of Vegnagun being controlled by a piano isn't too bad either. The battle itself wasn't too disappointing, albeit, a little too easy.

These three are my favourites. I voted for 8 in the end.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVI. None of the others felt nearly as epic to me as that one. And nothing beats seeing Kefka descend from the heavens for the final fight, with Dancing Mad playing in the backgroud the whole time. In fact I think Dancing Mad alone is what really sold it as THE epic battle of the game for me. FF4 strangely enough, with only one battle at the end, is the only other one that felt epic to me. Other than those two, FFVII was the closest to driving home the fact that I was fighting to save the world. None of the other ones have really been able to drive home that feeling for me.

I won't say why...but I vote ffVI. I think its been said too much.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    To me FFL2 had the best one.

you had to kill a God who's mind was bent solely on being powerful.
    his death results in you haveing to team up with a differant god.then you and your party have to travel down into the middle of the earth to fight a guardian.
    it has a simple name (Arsenal) and has simple but powerful attacks... took me two play throughs to beat it.

to bad you never included it on the list.
    FFL2's Central Shrine was definitely cool, but FFL1's finale was even better. It's final 5 minutes turns the entire game, as well as the concept of the video game as a whole upside down.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

I voted for FF8. I couldnt beat Ultimecia on my first playthrough so i waited a few years and went back and finally beat it. The whole time i was fighting Ultimecia i was thinking Meltdown, Aura, Renzokuken, Full Cure, and lots of Zell limit breaks. Since she had a crapload of forms it took we a while and i actually started getting a headache from all the flashing lights. So I guess i really voted for FF8 cause it was the only FF that gave me a headache.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!" ~Fawful

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

I voted for FFX cause you'll battle I think 8 consecutive times before going one on one with Yu Yevon. He's not that hard, but you do have to kill all your aeons (drats, after wasting hours obtaining Anima and the Magus Sisters you'll kill them eventually ) just to get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare X
    Whoa!!

Who's that? I haven't played other FF's since last vacation here so... I've only finished VII~X so far so I'm not sure who that is. :sweatdrop

Blog Entries

FFVI has my favourite set of final bosses, its really artistic, (and it has my second favourite set of final boss music)
    I liked the battle with the 3 statues as well, they all looked so cool.

Final Fantasy VIII's battle with sorceress Ultimecia and the ultimate GF, Griever...the battle of the century, xD. and i'm not talking about one thing, since the music composition added to it.