Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Dragoon.....

Default Legend of Dragoon.....

Ok who plays this?

I personally love this game, my favorite RPG =) If only all my disks worked correctly! >.<

Anyway >_____> My favorite character is meru, her dragoon powers are useful and I like her additions, they keep me paying attention to the battle since they are so fast.

Ok game, Havent beaten it yet, mainly cause I got Xenogears while i was playing and started playing that.
    This game dosent deserve all the abuse it gets......

Got to the fourth disk without much trouble, it was okay-good but I din't know where to go in the desert. And the game didn't have enough interest for me to feel like spending more time on it so I stopped. It had characters with weak backstories except Rose, but nothing that interested me (I liked Haschel). The story was fine, but again didn't interest me. The gameplay was a really neat idea, but once again... didn't interest me. Some time I should go beat it, but I probably never will. Not a bad game but bot very strong either. I think the thing that out me off most though was weak characters because the other stuff wasn't great but it wasn't good. The characters lacked character... making it hard to play.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man. I've already detailed in at least 3 threads how much and why I hate this game so I'm not going to do it again here. But yeah, I can't stand it. =/ Aside from the battle system, which was great.

Although I am glad that it does get some love. After seeing so many people bash it, it kind of makes me feel sorry for the game.
    --Box Box Box Box

theres alot more worse RPG's, why does this one get hated by so many .....much much more ...

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I love it *blazing dynamo*

I've also found the greatest money trick ever.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

I love that game! Ive beaten it more times than I can count!

Lloyd owns lavitz

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

this game is simply brilliant.

i like the twists in the story, because nothing seems to be sudden, the creators took the time to build up to them, which i think is quite hard to create and in which the final fantasy games fail again and again in.

best RPG ever.

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

I think LoD was the 2nd RPG I ever played... either that or Chrono Cross (first was FF8) XD.

Anyway, Legend of Dragoon! =3 While it was regarded by a lot of gamers as 'average'... I thought it was a great game, mostly because of the story, and the coolness of transforming into a Dragoon. The prerendered backgrounds in a lot of the towns, were simply beautiful, detailed and colorful! If you haven't played this game cause of bad reviews, I suggest you do! (even if you play the whole game with a god mode cheat, its worth it for the art and the story.) ^_~

Back when I bought the game, Sony had set up a viral marketing website for it... Kind of like the site out there (somewhere) for Shadow of the Collosis... It was an awesome site, they made it look like a arcelogical exivation site, and had videos of them digging up skeleton remains of winged men! And it was pretty beleiveable... at least to me.

(god my spelling sucks, i miss the spell check feature XD)
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

This is my favorite game. It has awesome characters, with loads of backstory (Miranda story is great, Rose's is also very good, Haschel's, Kongol's..... I mean, no character was neglected). Even on the last dungeon the game doesn't stop giving information. The battle system is great( although the dragoons are kind of weak, when u get all the last additions on the last level).

The little flaws are that stupid dotted line on the world map, and it could have a bit more extras.

The Dagon Campaign story is great. And this game has the best FMVs on the playstation. And the cities.... they're biiiiiiiiigggggggggg...

And, just to finish, Rose is my favorite character of any other RPG, whereas Shana is the worst character ever! Worse than Rinoa...

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Legend of Dragoon is an excellent game. The greatest aspect of the game is by far the environments. I've never played an RPG that matches how incredibly unique and beautiful the Legend of Dragoon settings are.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

This was second RPG to FFVIII. Gawd, I loved it! I've only been able to push myself through once, though. The voice acting was very good aside from mouth movement in the FMV's and some other timing and clarity issues. However, my feelings toward this game are probably totally biased considering it was my first RPG and I didn't know any better.

The Legend of Dragoon got me addicted to Meru for a few months. Fun times...
    Me--> "MeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeru..." You get the picture.
    Last edited by Xaven; 11-27-2005 at 10:52 PM.

(SPOILER)its sad how lavitz dies ......he's one of my favorite charactres @#!$&*^ LOYD!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!(talking to loyd) *draws fan art of loyd getting bruttaly murdered*

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i preffered King Albert in place of Lavits, he said additions with more zing :P

edit: My faveorite characters were (in order):
    1. Shana - Because her power linked with the moon I found was really controversial and it made me think...
    2. Rose - She had the most awesome history and her whole attitude towards her friends made the game much more fun.
    3. King Albert - It was a suprisingly refreshing change from Lavits and his almighty "Im going in!" personallity, Albert was alot more reserved which I found a brilliant input.
    4. Lenos - Yeeesh, funnest boss battles with her and her Dragoon, shes so cool how she fights aswell.
    5. Virage - Again, most awe inspiring boss fights in a game I have ever had, its the only boss to ever do that to me. and its involvement with the winglie war thing was neat
    Last edited by Markus. D; 12-01-2005 at 03:43 AM.

It's a very nice game, i loved it, the story was nice and all, but that won't even come close of one final fantasy (with exception of X-2).

is there anibody out there?