Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Dragoon.....

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

it doesnt not come close cause it surpasses it.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I have the game sitting at my parents house, unopened. Still haven't found the extra time to start playing it.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I picked up the game awhile back, but it's scratched to hell so the first battle just keeps spinning without characters appearing.

I'm going to get it buffed and have another go at it. It looks interesting from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    it doesnt not come close cause it surpasses it.
    Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOD is the best RPG ever!!!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain

Ugh. I'm unimpressed by this game. I also got bored out of my mind in the desert, so I stopped.

king albert 's a douchebag(bear in mind i'm not insulting anyone in here)

This game is my second favorite RPG!My favorite characters were Albert and Rose.(My 1st favorite is FFX!)

thanks to atlanteay for the awsome sig

Quote Originally Posted by ffxfreak93
    (SPOILER)its sad how lavitz dies ......he's one of my favorite charactres @#!$&*^ LOYD!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!(talking to loyd) *draws fan art of loyd getting bruttaly murdered*
    AGREED!!!!!!!!

LOD was a great game! I liked the story line, it was new and kept me very interested
    The fights were fantastic!!!! The time, precision, originality, stratergy base, dragoon system, it totally rocked
    and as well as all that the characters were awesome too, Lavitz so totally rocked
    Only thing is I never managed to beat dragoon Lloyd, I tried for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever, but I never managed, if anyone has any stratergies, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I never thought Dragoon Lloyd was meant to give problems. If you were good enough to beat Lenus, The Grand Jewel and the Divine Dragon, Lloyd should pose no threat.

Best thing to remember is not to use Dragoons on him because he has the Dragon Buster sword. I'm not familiar with Kongol, Haschel, or Shana as party members, as I never used them. My main party when I play is either "Dart, Albert and Meru" or "Dart, Albert and Rose". Dart should Final Burst occasionally, but never ever summon the Red Dragon. No one should ever summon their Dragon, period. Meru has the wonderful party-wide recovery rainbow as a Dragoon, so I'd recommend using her.

I wouldn't recommend taking in Rose and Meru together. Lloyd has that one very powerful attack that puts your character in a dome and does massive damage. You're going to need two characters with a lot of HP, meaning you're going to need to take Dart, and either Albert, Kongol, or Haschel. I take Albert because his Invulnerability spell is the most valuable spell in the entire game.

I'm not sure if you can return to Kadessa (the place where you got the wand and fought the Grand Jewel) but if you can, there's a healing circle there. You can stand around it and fight those peon robots to level up your additions. Legend of Dragoon is not a game about experience levels (as those mostly come from bosses), it's a game about addition levels and skill with the additions.

There's really no extra strategy for Lloyd. If you're having problems with Crush Dance, or Blazing Dynamo, or whatever high level addition you're using, just switch back to Volcano for the boss fight. It's easy and does massive damage. It might not give a lot of SP, but you'll be doing more damage with repeated Volcanos than you would be doing with missed additions and the occasional Final Burst anyway.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Lloyd, in short, is a bully. He has dangerous attacks that can kill you in one hit, and his Dragon Buster Sword can kill Dragoons in one hit, so be sure not to be a Dragoon for very long. He has a mean magic attack that hits everyone in your party. Lloyd can also avoid you attacks,really annoying. Try to take along some healing items that cure your entire party since it'll save you time and more often Lloyd can and will attack the entire party.Use your strongest Additions!

If you are still playing the game,I hope it helps,but by the way you said it,it sounded like you quit...If not sorry!

thanks to atlanteay for the awsome sig

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    agreed.

If anyone is willing to sell theirs to me :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

I didn't know which one to pick.

I picked up the game awhile back, but it's scratched to hell so the first battle just keeps spinning without characters appearing.
    Exact same thing happened to me, so I bought it again, don't think it was worth it...

Ugh. I'm unimpressed by this game. I also got bored out of my mind in the desert, so I stopped.
    That's when I stopped too.

Reasons I don't like this game much:

1. I didn't feel like there were many interesting plot threads if any.

2. The timing for me was terrible, the storyling of the entire first disk was boring nad uninteresting (battle system kept me playing).

3. I loved the battle system for the first two disks. Then I got less interested in it and had moree trouble making myself play this game.

4. Very dull characters, there was an incredibly small amount of character in my eyes, rose was survivably as was Haschel and Meru and maybe the king guy but no one else came near reaching a point of any decency. I also thought the backstories weren't well done except for Rose. For example Dart had his parents killed by the black monster... a backstory I found so bad that I wished there hadn't been any backstory for him because then it wouldn't have been a huge disappointment.

5. The graphics to this game were strong but uninteresting.

This game felt uninspired and dull. I liked it more than I give the impression of as the story was okay-good, but no better. Rose was a decent character and the battle system was an excellent idea and good in practice. The graphics were good though not something I liked.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    4. Very dull characters, there was an incredibly small amount of character in my eyes, rose was survivably as was Haschel and Meru and maybe the king guy but no one else came near reaching a point of any decency. I also thought the backstories weren't well done except for Rose. For example Dart had his parents killed by the black monster... a backstory I found so bad that I wished there hadn't been any backstory for him because then it wouldn't have been a huge disappointment.
    Dart's past and the slaughter of Neet do seem corny for the first half of the game. If you ever decide to pick the game up again and play to the end of the 3rd disc, you'll find out there's actually a fairly nice plot point behind this that goes beyond a random massacre by demons or a bandit.

The plot does seem bland at the beginning, you're right. But if you can pass through the filler of the first two disks to the Crystal Palace of Deningrand, things start to shape up. As complex as the plot gets, you still probably won't like it. The themes it deals with just aren't fleshed out well enough in the context of the story to provide an engaging storytelling experience. It's still a pretty in depth plot though. I'd rather rely on the locations of the game to hold my interest.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.