Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Dragoon.....

I played to the fourth disk, I still found it very weak, but meh. And I did see some of the story, not all as I stopped at the desert but it didn't interest me enough. I think I should finish it because the story had been improving and I like knowing I've beaten in a game vs. the feeling of having left it on the fourth disk. But the desert was so, so, so annoying and when I read a walkthrough I never knew what point I was at so I couldn't use it without actually testing stuff which just wasn't interesting enough. Also getting good at additions again might be hard I don't know.

BTW if you equip I think it's called the talisman or something that you have one or more of probably that stops death you can equip it and beast on Lloyd. You become a dragoon, he does his one hit kill and wastes a turn because it doesn't work. This allows you to use a dragoon and make him waste 5 turns. Sinchy fight if you're willing to use this cheap strat.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

yes, never judge a game if you havent played right through it.

wait.... are you the same guy that said devil may cry 3 sucked because it took place in a city and no castle "like" building?

I love LOD!!!! The bad thing is, I never got a chance to buy it, and have borrowed it from my freind on numerous occasions. . . .. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    yes, never judge a game if you havent played right through it.

wait.... are you the same guy that said devil may cry 3 sucked because it took place in a city and no castle "like" building?
    If you're talking to me what your saying doesn't make sense. To answer your second question, no.

To respond to your first point, that makes no sense. A games ending can redeem it somewhat but if the opening sucks then the opening will still suck. The value of something can be seen better through what comes later, but it was still terrible when you saw it. If you play twenty minutes of a game and say it sucked you don't give it much of a chance but it still was terrible for those twenty minutes. I played 3/4s of the game and it was okay. If the rest of the game is great that doesn't change the fact that earlier was weak. If the game stops me from wanting to play it it's not some alien stopping me it's the game not being good in my eyes. The argument you're using doesn't work- I can judge 3/4 of the game, and it stopped me from playing the rest- making the rest unimportant. Your argument doesn't work, you can argue that I'm not judging the whole game. But saying I can't judge it clearly makes no sense.

Sorry if this is mean but that argument is over used and doesn't work. It says a little but not much, and if you want to defend a game you should defend it with something better then that.

Edit2: Owned.
    Last edited by raskerino; 12-04-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

thanks for the advice on the lloyd battle, when I get the chance I'm gonna play through it and keep in mind
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

I think Legend of Dragoon should have a sequal

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

A prequel would also work. It would be interesting to take part in the liberation war with Zieg and Melbu. I'd guess the land of the past with the wingly empire would have some pretty neat locations.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

only if rose takes her clothes off.

l o l

LOD was the second (RPG) game I played after FF8 and I did like it a lot. I havent finished Im just in disk 2 but what surpasses a good quantity of Final Fantasies is the quality of the landscapes and soundtracks. The opening song is beautiful. Its not my favourite game ever but it is really worth trying it, though its nothing impressive.
    Girls rock, ya?

๑Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec๑
    ๑Memento Mori๑
    ULTIMATE GIPPAL`S AND IRVINE`S LOVER!
    ...dont laugh
    :sad: Syopa eh uin haqd mejac oui femm muja sa yc E muja oui... :sad:

Run to my role playing games.
    Someone may be taking that mage part you want so bad.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

I'm glad so many people like this.

No offense to anyone but if your going to come here and say how boring and stupid you think this game is don't bother replying at all, everyone could do without your negativity and if I recall correctly I never asked if you hated it, so there you go.

well i likede the game bu i never hads time to play it. oh one question i wish to have a FFX type picture at the bottom could one of you please send me one. and oh a cool FF any type top left pic so my thing dosen't look small and overlook. but LOD is a great game if i can get into it
    i am lotink king of all RPG games. :greenking :evilking:

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    If you're talking to me what your saying doesn't make sense. To answer your second question, no.

To respond to your first point, that makes no sense. A games ending can redeem it somewhat but if the opening sucks then the opening will still suck. The value of something can be seen better through what comes later, but it was still terrible when you saw it. If you play twenty minutes of a game and say it sucked you don't give it much of a chance but it still was terrible for those twenty minutes. I played 3/4s of the game and it was okay. If the rest of the game is great that doesn't change the fact that earlier was weak. If the game stops me from wanting to play it it's not some alien stopping me it's the game not being good in my eyes. The argument you're using doesn't work- I can judge 3/4 of the game, and it stopped me from playing the rest- making the rest unimportant. Your argument doesn't work, you can argue that I'm not judging the whole game. But saying I can't judge it clearly makes no sense.

Sorry if this is mean but that argument is over used and doesn't work. It says a little but not much, and if you want to defend a game you should defend it with something better then that.

Edit2: Owned.
    i actually cant remember if it was towards you or someone else.

I aodre this game, the plot, the music, the characters, the battle system ... GOD! Its amazing! I really do love the game that much