Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: most NOOBIEISH thing you ever did.. (don't be scare to share your stupidity)

c'mon guys, don't be scare.

Oh right. When I first played FFVIII, I missed Leviathan, Siren and Carbuncle to begin with, and then missed them again when you are given a second chance in Ultimecia’s castle. This happened, despite the fact that I had already been told exactly how and when to get them, in both instances.

In FFIV, I didn't know how to get Fire for Rydia to melt the ice blocking my way in Mt.Hobs, so I just trained my people, thinking that Rydia will learn Fire by herself. It turns out that I still haven't gotten the Sand Ruby, and healed Rosa to proceed the game, and get Fire for Rydia >.<
    [center][center]

Oh, I remember another one.

Getting the spoon for the first time in FFIV. Just as I exit Fabul and walk to my airship, BAM! Random Battle. And what did stupid me do? Threw the spoon at one of these monsters, thinking it was a useless item. I lost my spoon... TO AN IMP!

*facepalms*

FF7

you know when your in the dinosaur bone digging site? well i was digging for the harp and i swear man....i couldnt figure out how to do it. i didnt know u had to press square a number of times and place bombs and coordinates and crap. that alone probably has to have been the most difficult thing to me in my ff history. everything else is all a breeze to me ff wise tho =]

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

You want noob? I'll give you noob. First time I played FFVII, got killed by the FIRST boss (without saving cause I didn't know how to save plus the fact that my FFVII is in spanish... drats).

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

not saving often enough..

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

not saving often enough..
    What about the time you got lost in the Dreadnought? Or when you didn't realize that the Jade Passage went directly to Pandaemonium? I could go on...

First time I played FFVII and spent 30hours+ on the first Disk leveling up RedXIII, Cloud and Aeris... Had the buggy.... went and got Mythril, got Great Gospel, was well chuffed, dismissed other 'stronger' characters for my kick-butt Aeris... Disk 1 ended... Drank contents of nearest whiskey bottle... Cried...
    To exist does not mean that you live...
    But to live means to feel...
    And to feel means to hurt, to love...
    But only by these feelings....
    Can you know the true joy of life
    (c) Tynian 2005

There are things I do purposely to be stupid... like... naming all the characters in FFVII Sephiroth for kicks, but there are things that I don't even want to mention... from my first ever RPG encounters...

The first time I ever played FFVII, I got my arse kicked to the moons by the Robot Scorpion. Why? Well, Cloud goes "Barret, attack that thing with it's tail up!" And I did. BOOOOM. Dead as a Cloud getting shishkabobed with his own freaking hair. It didn't say "If you attack him when his tail's up he's gonna get cha," did it? Nooooooo! Once saw the label thingy show "It's gonna counterattack with his lazer!" Yeah, that... Grr.

Then there was this one time I was playin' FF... umm, FFVII again... and my brother pointed out that Aeris was in the back row. RAWR? I put her in the front row, ignoring all stats and levels because just before this I finally kicked the Scorpion's metal hide and got passed "the leafblower" Battle Guard-thingy (we called him leafblower I don't know what his real name is), I had no idea what I was doing. So Aeris goes and keeps dyin' on me. "WTF? She's only level 5? That's to help her weak defense? Why didn't anyone tell me!?"

So a little while later, I got up to the point where you go to Wall Market to save Tifa from the whorehouse. Aeris tells Cloud to dress as a girl. I don't save. Not thinking about it, go and get the dress. So when the don gives the questions and you pick one of three answers... I kept thinkin' well you wouldn't have to go down if you pick the right answer or if someone else gets picked. I get all combos of getting picked and different dresses and then different answers. Three months later, I gave up on taking a different route out of that place...
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

OH i hate the first boss in FFVII with a passion i always attacked while its tail was up. the sad thing is, i must of played it like that 6 times before learning, i always wondered why i would run out of potions before the end of the boss battle.

another Noob mistake was repeatedly trying to take down ruby and emerald with lvl 30 characters, with out any special items at all. REPEATEDLY it never came to me that they were supposed to be harder than that.

Also i tend to get stuck on wierd bosses alot and end up giving up for a year and coming back and kicking thier ass, it happened the Gi spirit (i didnt know it would die with just a pheonix down.), sin, yunalesca, Siephroth, and jechts final aeon. It didnt happen in VIII yet and i havent started IX yet.

in FFT, Orlandu was turned into crystal once. Yeah, that time I was a REALLY BAD player. -_-;
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

I repeatedtly kept dying on what seemed to be the easiest boss in the world, the Oblitzerator from FFX. I wasted Lulu's overdrive on the boss instead of on the crane. And I didn't have Haste until I got to the Moonflow -_-

<<; In Final Fantasy X, when I borrowed it from my friend, I also borrowed the guide to it. Well, I was going to fight Geosgaeno and saw that it said you should equip a shield to nullify Stone. << I thought I could handle it, went into the fight, and lost Wakka and Rikku to petrification. Then the dang boss sucked Tidus in and killed him in one hit when he was spit out. I had to fight the boss EIGHT times until I finally beat him. >< I got the smart idea to get Stoneproof shields, too <<;

We never think about the possibility we may lose someone we know in an instant right out of the blue. We don't sit there, look at a person, and think "I may not ever see him/her again". It's always hard, something we will never get used to...