Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: most NOOBIEISH thing you ever did.. (don't be scare to share your stupidity)

Default most NOOBIEISH thing you ever did.. (don't be scare to share your stupidity)

ok where do i began..
    frist ever noobish mistake. FFVII
    when i was in the aceniets place it took me two hours just to get to outta the clock area and i fell off several times..
    FFVIII
    stuck up in that one area tryign to firgue out where to go.. take away just to find the opening that gets you on the snipering location.
    FFX
    erased data with a auron that could hit 99,999
    every FF
    forgot to save before boss fights and every once in a full moon heal the emery and attack my men.

ff7- got sumbarine 4 first time and didn't know emarld is underwater and saw it (i didn't know it was emarld) and went straight to it and got obliterated and had to go through that stupid minigame again because i didn't save

Quote Originally Posted by ffxfreak93
    ff7- got sumbarine 4 first time and didn't know emarld is underwater and saw it (i didn't know it was emarld) and went straight to it and got obliterated and had to go through that stupid minigame again because i didn't save
    I did that too on my first playthrough.

My noobish mistakes are pretty much not saving regularly. Granted, I have not done that for years, but sometimes I'd spend hours leveling up in a dungeon, and then not saving when given the opportunity. Only to have the boss wipe the floor with my characters. Hours gone to waste.

Or in Tactics, I only had one game file, and got pwned by Wiegraf in that one fight. Had to start the game all over again.

I have learned for my mistakes, thankfully.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I can't think of anything really stupid that I've done. I'm sure there were some when I started playing FF's, but that was over 12 or 13 years ago. The only thing I can really think of is that I often go after Bahamut after Fusoya has left my party in FFIV. He's a bit tougher then, but I don't think I've ever lost since the first time I ever fought him.

I remember my big mistake. At the beginning of Final Fantasy VII, I didn't know that you had to save Jesse. I thought she would just come on her own. It took me a while to figure it out.

Rye made this!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Not junctioning in FF8 and wondering why I was getting my ass handed to me.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by ffxfreak93
    Same, but I knew it was Emeral. That makes me even noobier!

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Emerald, I have this habit of not saving for hours at a time. Don't poke the whale!

Mu friend didn't use the sphere grid, he forgot to, and when he did he went backwards and wondered why they all sucked. Also if he didn't have the right sphere, he'd skip it and keep going.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

HI GEORGE I AM! OK!

ff7-lost the submerine minigame because it was hard and boring
    ^^

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Cast flare on an enemy that I watched cast reflect on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Cast flare on an enemy that I watched cast reflect on itself.
    and i thought i needed help on ff when i was a noob

btw heres another noobish mistake

ffx- i was fighting seymour for first time and i got him to 1125 health and tidus(critcal health) was the only one alive and i had two options

option A) attack and kill and progress in story(should've chose this one)

option B)heal my self with x-potion and then later get killed by his double cast of blizzaga(or bliizara) and game over

i chose option b and got killed

i was a noob

In Final Fantasy 7, my first rpg (and my favorite), when you are going to wall market with Aeris, when your leaving sector 5, going towards the playground, theres like a pole you have to run up next to a crane, and I could not figure that out for the life of me. Seriously it was six months after it, that after a long time i had given up, and six months later i figured id try it again for the hell of it and finally figured it out. I was runnin around everywhere, trying the use the crane, fighting houses, everything. It was actually 2 years from when I first got Final Fantasy 7 until I actually beat it, you can imagine how satisfying it was and no other game has come close. Anyway dumb [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] like that kept stopping me as I was trying to figure out this weird new game world.

ah.. poor guy i firgue a person who amires auron would be smarter..
    also i didn't poke into emerald i could already see images of death in my head (creul painful ass kicking)

When I played FFX for the first time, I died in the fight after the first boss. Of course, since I didn’t see the save point, I had to re-start the game…

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Double > Reflect > Curaga -_-;
    :joey: