Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: PS3 or XBOX 360?

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vampirepiggyhunter7
    Yeah um... That's not how you post a sig. You don't carry it with you. It follows you. Just copy that same code and put it on your sig field from your control panel..

vampirepiggyhunter7: You didnt actually think we all carried our sigs around with us did you, thinking we put it at the end of every post?

Quote Originally Posted by lordblazer
    No actually people are speculating 500 to 600 dollars will be the price for the PS3 upon its release.
    Who? Just because a lot of people pull the same number out of their asses doesn't make them right.

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane
    Who? Just because a lot of people pull the same number out of their asses doesn't make them right.
    Well sony speculated the price and so has many other investors its no surprise that its gonna be expensive.. Have you even seen the specs of the PS3 and xbox 360? Man the hardware quality they are using to build those are so damn expensive that the cost and value of it will inevitably rise to 500-600 USD. Its no surprise.

I dont like Xbox, because it mainly features games i dont like, and most games i do like, are made by japanese.

I wont be afraid to say it, outside of some RTS and FPS, most games are "Anything you can do JP can do better" for the most part. I like to see you look at the games that help define the sales of some consoles and say it isnt...outside of FPS and RTS most are JP that do well(because JP usually dont play those as much..and neither do i).

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well. You are asian so I couldn't blame you...

ps3. it's definitely going to be better
    DANCING LIKE A MONKEY!!
    find this cool animation and others at http://www.roomwithamoose.com

HEck most of the fanboys on here haven't even played or seen a PS3 in person. Yet they said they'll get it before they even play it at a store once it comes out.
    Don't tell me that's not blindly following behind a company?
    As opposed to the XBOX fanboys who pre-ordered and camped out at midnight? Most of them didn't even get their XBOX360. How many of them played 360 pre-launch?

Fanboyism comes in all flavours.

For me, it comes down to the expected games and game types.

I like RPGs and Strategy (Kessen and Romance of Three Kingdoms), and I don't care about online. The thing that turns me off about online is that you end up paying to play a game that you already own. Why do that when I can buy a jRPG and play it as much as I want for free -- and without hearing "smurfing Kill Stealer!" and "MOM get me my smurfing chocolate milk!" (There was actually a recording like that with a 10 year old playing LIVE Soccom and crying because his mom won't get him chocolate milk). So online doesn't do it for me.

And since at least on xbox 1, most of the exclusives were things like HALO or other action titles, I really don't have much interest. The only game I find interesting on the 360 is Blue Dragon by Mystwalker and possibly KOTOR.

Unless the series i like goes xbox, I personally see nothing thrilling about xbox. However if you live for online gaming and action games, get an xbox.

Topics like this are for losers. All we've seen for the PS3 is a few demos running on not-PS3 hardware, so we can't judge it. Topics like this deserve to be in GamesMaster magazine.

Of course demos have been tested on the PS3, how the smurfed would they know if the console runs to its peak ability. You wouldn't make a console without Beta-testing games on it. Common sense please!

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Of course demos have been tested on the PS3, how the smurfed would they know if the console runs to its peak ability. You wouldn't make a console without Beta-testing games on it. Common sense please!
    *sigh*
    I think you need to learn a thing or two about common sense. There probably ARE PS3 alpha kits used by developers by now, but the PUBLIC haven't seen anything of it. All of the PS3 demos shown have been running on hardware with similar power to the PS3... but not the PS3. Common sense please!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Except the Gamecube has Resident Evil 0~4, and the XBox has Barbie and Spongebob Squarepants games, you can't define the consoles by age, it's an idiotic concept as people of any age are going to play either of the three consoles.
    whoa jeez...perhaps i wasnt specific in saying that i wasnt applying the systems pertain to a set age only ALL the time....yes there are exceptions i tried stating that by saying the whole "there are some good pg movies thing" but apparently i wasnt specific enough and thats my bad....im just saying the genres for MOST of the games for each system are implied that way (the whole movie theory thing) not the fact that there each designed for each age category...as i said i wasnt trying to imply that at all and if i did i apologize once more i guess i wasnt very clear in delivering my message

Well, i will say that nintendo deserves their reputation. I love nintendo, but the only ads i have seen for their games are donkey kong and mario. i know they have many mature games as well, but most people dont hear about them unless they go out and look. not like the xbox which, well still having its share of E games, advertises mainly mature games. Halo and what not. so although you cant define a consol by age, you can see what audience they are targeting.