Thread: (ff4) I neED heLP with that annoYING dark eLF!

Blog Entries

Angry (ff4) I neED heLP with that annoYING dark eLF!

Well, I need help with FFIV... I have gotten to the elf, and hes pissing me off greatly.

My main problem is his blasted "Wind" attack. Its very annoying for me to have the pressure of healing my character when he only has about 7 HP on him, and what happens a lot of times is he dies before I get to use any Cure spell which is usually Cure3, and then I waste valuable MP on nothing, and then he just keeps using wind and D. Breath killing my people, and then I get mad and nearly break the bloody controller. I need help before I end up paying for a vase that i break with the controller....

Banned

Did you change Cecil's sword for the Legend, his first holy sword?
    Make sure to do that, it actually causes MUCH more damage than that Silver thing = killing him faster.
    Also save Tella for healing (Cure2 and Cure3 work good), while having Cid and Yang attack.

If you feel cocky, try throwing some Bolt3 spell or something with Tella (preferably late in the battle,
    since chances are that the Dark Elf will actually die from that powerful magic blast),
    but keep him mostly for healing!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm using the sword "Legend" for Cecil. The problem is for Tellah is that its hard to keep the bastard alive, hes got 443 HP if I'm not mistaken, and I've got him in the back row also. Is there any way to deflect "wind"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OdinDragoon
    Yeah, I'm using the sword "Legend" for Cecil. The problem is for Tellah is that its hard to keep the bastard alive, hes got 443 HP if I'm not mistaken, and I've got him in the back row also. Is there any way to deflect "wind"?
    I don't think so.
    Anyway, just keep casting Cure spells like a madman until Tella dies, then go all out with attacks and hope for the best, unless you wanna try and revive and cure Tella, who'll probably just get slain during the process.

Nah, I think this is the best strategy:

Cecil: Fight
    Tella: Cure2/Cure3 - All
    Cid: Fight
    Yang: Fight/Build-Up

...and then just ignore Tella if he falls.
    It's worth a shot.
    Don't care too much about his EXP loss, he'll soon leave your party anyway.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know he dies because he was stupid enough to uselessly cast meteo on Golbez and kill himself, with Golbez living at the end... stupid old bastard...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OdinDragoon
    Yeah, I know he dies because he was stupid enough to uselessly cast meteo on Golbez and kill himself, with Golbez living at the end... stupid old bastard...
    Hehe, correct.

But anyway, try that strategy I mentioned.
    It should work pretty well.
    I usually do it like that, I fight like crazy until I've actually lost every character.
    If Cid stands alone, don't give up, WHACK AWAY!
    Last edited by Peter_20; 11-30-2005 at 01:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    Hehe, correct.

But anyway, try that strategy I mentioned.
    It should work pretty well.
    I usually do it like that, I fight like a madman until I've actually lost every character.
    Heh, same here, I fight the enemy till I die, even with one character (like Cid maybe). Even though his Special Skills are kind of useless, I can take full advantage of it with Scan, although I heal him maybe with a HiPotion and then I use study to see my advantages and disadvantages and then My only choice is to all out attack OR take my chances with using a Life on a character, which can surprisingly turn a battle completely around.

But Anyways,
    Yeah, that strategy should work for me, I'll have to test it out tommorow since I can't really get to the TV right now...

Also. Casting Bersk and/or Haste on one of your fighters (namely, your most powerful, obviously) will greatly increase their damage. Especially Bersk. Or, to save a turn for Tellah, having that character use Hermes and/or Bacchus. Berserk is one of my favorite spells in that game.

you can kill him easier!Beat him up with your fighters until he changes into his second form and use weak on him(It works!!!)Then attack one more time and he's history.
    He owes allegiance to no one, and will do anything for money.He comes and goes like the wind

I just need enough to feed my dog, say about 3000 gil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The legendary Shadow
    you can kill him easier!Beat him up with your fighters until he changes into his second form and use weak on him(It works!!!)Then attack one more time and he's history.
    WHAT?!
    This is cool, a must-check!

I can't reach my FF4 game right now, but so far I'm leveling up Palom and Porom, and they are both at LV40.
    Once I'm finished with them, I'll head right for the Dark Elf!

Blog Entries

OHH yeah i remember you can use weak on him!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This thread title is hilarious. You can so tell you wer pissed off because you were mocking the way they made him talk in the American PlayStation version!

Glad to see you got it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_18
    WHAT?!
    This is cool, a must-check!

I can't reach my FF4 game right now, but so far I'm leveling up Palom and Porom, and they are both at LV40.
    Once I'm finished with them, I'll head right for the Dark Elf!
    Palom and Porom are at Level 40? Holy hell, man, that's quite a bit of leveling, ain't it? And if you still have Palom and Porom, you've got a little ways to go before the Dark Elf.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Palom and Porom are at Level 40? Holy hell, man, that's quite a bit of leveling, ain't it? And if you still have Palom and Porom, you've got a little ways to go before the Dark Elf.
    It IS quite a bit of leveling, but there's an easy strategy: just walk around the west side of those mountains north of Mt. Ordeals.
    This will lead you to a secret leveling place, with enemies from the continent of Silvera.
    Now make sure to have a large supply of Tents (yes, TENTS, not Cottages), and kill off Cecil and Tella.

Now start killing the enemies around there with Palom's Bio magic.
    It'll take a while at first, but eventually you'll learn Quake, which deals about 2500 DMG for all enemies right away = instant win.
    Use your Tents every once in a while (they won't revive Cecil and Tella, who you wanna keep dead for EXP purposes).

Combine this strategy with repeated use of the Fast Forward Button (the ½§ button next to the number 1),
    and you'll actually reach LV40 in about two hours.
    Really.

I don't consider the Fast Forward Button cheating; the game doesn't get easier from using it,
    but everything goes much faster.

The cool thing about Palom and Porom is that they don't care about the fact that they are temporar characters who'll soon leave your party; they can actually learn EVERY SPELL IN THE GAME!
    How about spells like Cure4, Life2, Holy, Flare and METEO?