Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The secrets of the Da Vinci code

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I said "will".

The Holy Grail is actually a myth, Dan Brown based it off the old thing.

I'm talking about the real Da Vinci code, there's been lots of research into it, I dunno why, if it's just a novel based on a myth so what? no need to go CSI on it.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

There were protesters on my campus, handing out pamphlets, asking us to sign this online petition to stop production of the movie. I found it highly amusing, and considered printing out some Flying Spaghetti Monster pamphlets and standing out their with them.

<i>The DaVinci Code</i> is a fictional story. However, the ideas in it are based on researched evidence. For the factual basis of the book, see <i>Holy Blood, Holy Grail</i> by three people who I forget at the moment. I read about 1/4 of it before I realized that I don't give a damn.

<i>The DaVinci Code</i> is a good book, and I loved it when I first read it, but now I couldn't care less about it. An interest in the ideas portrayed in the book presuppose the conclusion that Christianity is worth such in-depth analysis and effort, and, for me, it isn't. So meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    I'm talking about the real Da Vinci code, there's been lots of research into it, I dunno why, if it's just a novel based on a myth so what? no need to go CSI on it.
    Yup, no need to go so deeply into it.

Oh no wait, except that's what you're asking for here.

Make your mind up.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

you people are hopeless!

You're confusing me!

MEANIES!

BEANS!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    <i>The DaVinci Code</i> is a good book, and I loved it when I first read it, but now I couldn't care less about it.
    Dude, why was I under the impression that you had good taste.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    <i>The DaVinci Code</i> is a fictional story. However, the ideas in it are based on researched evidence. For the factual basis of the book, see <i>Holy Blood, Holy Grail</i> by three people who I forget at the moment. I read about 1/4 of it before I realized that I don't give a damn.
    Exactly. Many people seem to have a hard time understanding this. For them it's either completely fictional or consists exclusively of scientifically proven facts. This book is simply a fictional story which deals with, somewhat tweaked, actual theories and facts. Just because the grass is green in Lord of the Rings, doesn't mean it isn't green in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    None of it is real, it's all just a story, you're not party to some AMAZING secret conspiracy just because you've read a novel that pretty much goddamn everyone else has and watched some documentaries on it.
    There is a lot of evidence that does exist, but for the most part, it is comparable to Michael Moor's BS factual documenturies.

Also there was a thread on the book in the lounge not too long ago. I am far to lazy to post a link though
    Bipper

Shoden for once i respect your threads, i found the deeper meanings in the book really interesting, fictional or not, even though i believed them to have some factual facts.

The Da Vinchi Code is......fiction. It's important to remember that. Interesting book based on half-truths & practical jokes by French Surrealists, yes. But fiction none the less.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

It was a good fictional read that does bring up interesting things, but still I say for all those who moan about it being non-factual to read it as it was intended, fiction.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    I said "will".
    Yes, but what I'm saying is that thousands of people have read the book and as of yet no one has go rioting. It just seems like such an extreme thing to say. I don't think there's been rioting over any kind of media since Orson Welles did War of the Worlds.
    There is no signature here. Move along.