Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFX 3 ? (A FFX sequel after FFX 2)

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris
    Renmiri:

they could show more of the places like Baaj Temple, Remiem Temple and the old Mi'ihen Highroad, when they were still in use. And maybe they could spend a little less time fighting random fiends, and spend more time on quests in the various location, meaning that we get to see more of Spira, and we get to go deeper into each place (perhaps a bit like X-2, expect a bit more serious and less "girly" assignments and atmosphere).
    That would totally rock!!!

Another prequel that would rock or that could be added to your idea is the story of Lord Mi'hen, the guy that founded the Crusaders and managed to talk the Bevelle priests into accepting them. FFX has a lot of references to him in the scenes at Mi'hen road obviously, but also in Mushroom Rock where you fund Tidus (Auron's ?) special sword.

Yes, FFX 2 was a tad too "girly" in some aspects. I was half expecting to see the girls do a "tea party" with moogles in some cut scenes

But not "girly" enough in other aspects: No romance!!! That measly cut scene at the end - which you have to play like a maniac to see - is not enough! And it is such a pain in the arse to get! FFX was the first RPG game I got to see my playable characters getting to kiss each other. I simply loved that campsite scene and the song! And it was easy to get

PS: And the "alien harvest" stuff does not prevent a new, more honest religion. If I was writing the past, I would put just a few in Bevelle knowing the real reaons behind the church's messages. Most would be true believers... And perhaps we could describe a spiritual force in Spira that was slowly guiding the Yevon cult into real spiritualism. Maybe he/ she was the one who made Sin touch Jecht and get the whole FFX adventure started...

See, you can stay in the story and have spiritualism... I love it and the fayth hymns on the first game BTW.
    Last edited by Renmiri; 12-01-2005 at 06:26 PM.

like I put earlyr

Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Yevon
    mabe a completly interactive freelance 3rd or 1st person explor mode, where you can talk to ppl face to face and jump and climb places (like acual climing required..not just pressing circle to get up big stairs. I mean like climbing steep rocky clifs and such) that Yuna cant normaly go to. And being able to do real jobs for ppl lol mabe Rikku might have to babysit for Wakka and Lulu...iv always wanted to see Spira in a (in you'r eyes) kind of way.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Yevon
    like I put earlyr
    Yeah, those would rock and so would a merge of FFX blitzball with the FFX2 coaching and practice skills.

I agree with the blitzball-merging (although I haven't played that far in X-2 yet, so I don't really know how it is).

And I think it would be a great idea to have a game revolving around Mi'ihen and his journey. In that way, we could travel through Spira (and explore it more as we have mentioned earlier) without copying the Summoner's Pilgrimage-story (although I wouldn't mind that at all. )

i always hated blitzball... bored me to tears... Love the idea of following Braska's pilgrimage... learn more about his aeon and actually controlling it... or did they do that already? cant remember...

aoki yasei wo daite
    embrace the untamed wilderness

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default How it would work

OK, I posted this musings in a more organized form at Fan Fiction.net, with my first crack at possible stories. I will keep on posting new stuff there as some of the "short stories" are getting pretty big
    Check it out:

1: Authors Note: How it fits FFX and X2
    2: Prologue
    3: 1,000 years ago: Sin and the Zanarkand war
    4: Yu Yevon and Bevelle's Betrayal
    5: Yunalesca gives her life for Spira
    6: Spira's Spiral of Death Ends ?
    7: Appendix Spira's Ancient History (5,000 BT thru 3,000 BT)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2685724/1/

BT = Before Tidus

Renmiri:

Great! I will most certainly read what you've written at fanfiction.net! (I've found a great novelization of FF-X there, btw).

Heh. BT was cool.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris
    Renmiri:

Great! I will most certainly read what you've written at fanfiction.net! (I've found a great novelization of FF-X there, btw).

Heh. BT was cool.
    Thanks!!!

What is the name of the FF-X novelization you read ? I'd love to read it!

I want to say I still think this is a bad idea. Note that in my problems with this I haven't read the fanfiction.com stuff.

a) Having the new enemy come and attributing everything that has happened previously is a weak plot twist unless done really well, however as all you have at the moment is that idea it is weak.

b) Having the enemy doing something like stealing pyreflies has little meaning, they steal the dead? I guess the most similar thing to this is FFIX where they kill with the Angel of Death and use the Lifa Tree to take the planet. But having the plot be some random aliens who were btw not connected to at all in two games having a sinister plot of stealing something that has little value doesn't work. The plot seems trivial.

c) No major enemy, a group of aliens doesn't cause the kind of caring about an enemy that a truly great one gets ("the audience hates a good villian but loves a great one"), you give no sense of an enemy that actually has any depth to them.

d) It seems like you just want characters you like to come back, but honestly using the farplane to have them come back doesn't work, especially with Auron. The reason he never went to the farplane before the end of X is he had something important, a promise to his best friends, the people he cared most about. And he fulfilled that promise. He succeeded. This story is planning to throw what his a lot of his character is about for the sake of reusing someone you liked? I'm sorry but that destroys who Auron was.

e) Just triviality occurs a lot, you take away trema's character (not saying he had much of one, but this kills that) to connect it with your plot, he suddenly becomes a breeder for gladiator fights in other worlds...w...t...f...

f) Once I actually (if I ever do) read your fanfic I'll probably have many more criticisms. But a game lacing a remotely interesting enemy that actively disrespects and destroys what was important in the prequels is not my idea of a good continuation. Keep in mind I'm a skeptical bastard and I dislike a lot of fanfics, but this has serious problems.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    I want to say I still think this is a bad idea. ...
    a) Having the new enemy come and attributing everything that has happened previously is a weak plot twist unless done really well, however as all you have at the moment is that idea it is weak.
    Fair enough. I agree 100%, this is not something that will work unless done really well.
    I am afraid I may not be able to do it really well, but since I'm not writing anything for Square Enix, just for other Fan Fiction afficionados, I will give it my best.

I posted an authors note on my FFX 3 piece on Fan Fiction.net saying that anyone is welcome to use my idea as a starting point, no strings attached. Hopefully among the thousands of writers there someone will take the challenge and you will have my best effort and someone else's best effort to compare and see which one is less problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    lacing a remotely interesting enemy that actively disrespects and destroys what was important in the prequels is not my idea of a good continuation. Keep in mind I'm a skeptical bastard and I dislike a lot of fanfics, but this has serious problems.
    Thanks, believe it or not, this kind of tough criticism helps!

The last thing I want to do is "actively disrespect and destroy what was important in the prequels" and that is why I'm here. I'm trying to understand what is important in the prequels and what is not.

If you ever read my stuff, drop me a note or post something in this thread. I'd like to hear your feedback on it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default From another thread: more plot conflicts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune∙1600
    Yu Yevon, as I've tried to make clear, is not a "cruel monster." Cruelty implies intent.. There is nothing else, good or bad, there.
    I granted this point already. What I question is what was Yu Yevon before he became the "thing" that he is now. Why did he submit himself to being it ? Why did he cast Sin ? Didn't he - the Yu Yevon that was still human - know that like Vegnagun, his Sin would do a lot more harm than good ?
    Sin should not really be compared to the power of "other Aeons" because Sin is not an Aeon. Sin, as repeatedly demonstrated, is a shell. It is armor.. It is an armor that, as constituted, realizes itself in destruction.
    OK, now I understand. I just question the need for destruction, not because it doesn't make sense but because it bothers me, the senseless , mindless killing, with no point, not even an "evil point" to it like greed, lust for power, revenge, etc.. It is not very fun to write about mindless killing
    Yu Yevon's purpose in Summoning Dream Zanarkand, as stated, is to preserve the memory ...
    Not sure it was Yu Yevon. Someone summoned Dream Zanarkand and all the fayth plus this someone did it because they wished "to preserve the memory.."
    Yu Yevon was an enemy of Bevelle; he was the leader of Zanarkand, which Bevelle fought. The Yevonite religion is effectively a corrupt power structure, similar to the Glabados Church of Final Fantasy Tactics. With Yevon, the original premise is derivative of an idea revolving around Yu Yevon, but never actually involved the Summoner. This is explained by Maechen.
    OK now I believe you missed something of what Maechen and Yunalesca said. Bevelle had NO REASON to glorify Yu Yevon, their enemy and the killer of their people. Bevelle could have just as well made a religion where Yu Yevon was the "Demon" who brought Sin to Spira (which is closer to the truth, actually) and put one of their Maesters as God or Sacred Teacher.

What I understood from Maechen, Mikka and Yunalesca is that Bevelle was forced into gloryfying Yu Yevon by Yu Yevon himself (before he turned into a thingy ?) or, as Maechen insinuates, by Yunalesca bent on preserving her father's honorable name in spite of him joining the mass murder business..
    Dream Zanarkand itself does not have a given religion, at least so far as we are told. It is merely a continuation of the original Zanarkand.
    Not true. Dream Zanarkand has no Aeons, no fayth and no monsters, as all is new to Tidus and he doesn't even have a sword when he starts the game, being a citizen of Dream Zanarkand. We know the Zanarkand of the fayth had 2 summoners at least: Lenne and Yu Yevon and it had fayth or at least people in it knew that fayth existed.
    Dream Zanarkand is quite different from Spira's Zanarkand as you said it yourself in another post.
    realize that one does not have to "die" to become a Final Aeon; one allows Yunalesca to turn them into a Fayth, which is not exactly the same thing. Also realize that such a comparison is nonsensical to begin with since Sin is not an Aeon, and does not need a Fayth for realization.
    Agreed. I'm still confused as to why Yu Yevon needs a final Aeon's fayth if Sin is not an Aeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune∙1600
    Also, it seems that the Final Summoning itself doesn't cause death, but rather that the Summoner is killed (ironically) by the Final Aeon, after it is possessed. The implication is that the Aeon, not the process of summoning causes death. This is made clear as Yuna's Aeons attack the party after being possessed by Yu Yevon.
    This quote from another post of yours really fit with my "dark side of the force" theory for Yu Yevon's power. The gentle Aeons that Yuna can summon before getting the "Final Aeon" are no match for the mean SOB's Yu Yevon can summon, like Sin. To beat Sin or at least to pierce it, you need a "Dark Aeon", one that will kill indiscriminately

Fan fiction often deviates from the established canon and mythology of its source, whether a video game, book, movie, or whatever. If you wish to write according to the parameters you've created, then so be it
    Agreed

However, because a notion appeals to you does not mean that it fits the established mythology of the game--in this case, it clearly doesn't.
    My motivation to be puzzling so much about this issue is my Fan Fiction piece. But I don't want to make FFX fit into my fiction. Just the opposite: I want to understand FFX better to better write my fan fiction. If I'm wrong, and what I think is happening in FFX is not what is in the game I want to know it and I want to fix it in my writtings.

Sometimes I deviate from the mythology a bit, on purpose: I said it very clearly in my last post that I know Yu Yevon is, and has been for the past 1,000 years, a "thing" incapable of motivation. I just write some motivation for him in my FF because I think it is more "dramatic". In my view it is an acceptable deviation of the mythology, just to add more dramatic tension. But I certainly don't want to reinvent the entire FFX mythology. I just want to understand it better so I can write better about it
    Last edited by Renmiri; 12-05-2005 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Thanks!!!

What is the name of the FF-X novelization you read ? I'd love to read it!
    It's called "The Tenth Fantasy".

The best plot would be if all the dead enemies and characters come back from the farplane. They can get out of the farplane just as Lord jyscal did, can't they?. He got out of the farplane and gave Yuna the sphere that tells that Seymour killed him. So if he got out of there i think everyone else can, even Yu Yevon with his armor ( Sin).

Or simply most of the story could be in the farplane cuz i guess it would be a bigger place in ffx3 than then previous games since in ffx it was a small room in Guadosalam and in x-2 it was a whole new place.
    And if and not wrong all the Aeons in x-2 came from a hole connected to the farplane thus they came from the farplane, so everyone came get out of there and since the Aeons can and Sin is an armor made of an Aeon, Sin can get leave the farplane 2.

I've got a whole new idea. FFVII and FFX r the best final fantasy games and an excellent sequel to ffx-2 would be a prequel to ffvii.Shinra mentions something about extracting energy from the planet and thats wat Shira corp. does in ffvii. the pyreflies could be that source of energy. In ffx2 the farplane is underground and it could mean that the farplane reaches deeper into the planet till the planet core where would be the most pyreflies. An alien invation could come to use those pyreflies from the planet core as energy.Since the fayth r not really dead it could explain how the summons in ffvii and the eaons in ffx are very similar.Also the mateia in ffvii is kinda other kind of the spheres used in ffx.In FFVII:advent children Sephiroth mentions something about leaving the planet in a ship if the planet dies, so it could mean that the they ( their ancestors) got there from other planet.

Spira could have been renamed to (whatever the planet is named in ffvii).

Alien dont necessarily need to look like monsters so the ppl in ffvii could the mixed races of the aliens and the spirian ppl.

PS:i've not played FFVII so i may be wrong.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is sort of old, but more importantly, you can post about FFX-3 in this thread.
    --Box Box Box Box