Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why do girls love gay men?

Erm. Not all gay men. In fact, most women are only known to become friends with effeminate gay men. All my gay friends are flamboyant, loud, and in a sense "girlier" than I am. There's a stereotype gay man that many women think they wish to befriend... (thanks Will and Grace) The kind of cute, funny, fun effeminate man that can give them insight on the male psyche, fashion advice and a referral to a good hairstylist with nothing but a platonic relationship. I'll admit it, I treat my gay male friends like I would my giggly girlfriends... but I think the whole "I want a gay best guy friend" thing is overrated. I've known a lot of effeminate gay men to be just as, if not more, BITCHY than the average women. It's probably just because I live by Beverly Hills though.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Umm cuz the Pick out the best shoes...daa JK, but really I have no Idea!! :P
    "dont pass me over, dont pass me by, I see good things for you and I"

Thank to TSoL for thegreat signautre!

Quote Originally Posted by Yooniece
    Erm. Not all gay men. In fact, most women are only known to become friends with effeminate gay men. All my gay friends are flamboyant, loud, and in a sense "girlier" than I am. There's a stereotype gay man that many women think they wish to befriend... (thanks Will and Grace) The kind of cute, funny, fun effeminate man that can give them insight on the male psyche, fashion advice and a referral to a good hairstylist with nothing but a platonic relationship. I'll admit it, I treat my gay male friends like I would my giggly girlfriends... but I think the whole "I want a gay best guy friend" thing is overrated. I've known a lot of effeminate gay men to be just as, if not more, BITCHY than the average women. It's probably just because I live by Beverly Hills though.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's probably just because I live by Beverly Hills though.
    I lol'd so hard.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Almost all of my friends are girls. I think it's because they know I won't be staring at they're breasts all day and they can relate to me as to who they're attracted to.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    I lol'd so hard.
    Well, it's true. Gay men here are fabulous, stylish and beautiful... and a terror to get into a bitch fight with.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Well, it's true. Gay men here are fabulous, stylish and beautiful... and a terror to get into a bitch fight with.
    Haha, that's true because I grew up not too far from Beverly Hills.

I like gay men because I don't have to worry about them wanting to get with me, and because they make my dad angry.

I'm going to go off topic and ask why do gay guys like to be stereotyped? Seriously, if I was gay I wouldn't want to be different than every one else or even accepted as something different. When gay guys accept these stereotypes, they're accepting a form of segregation, even if it's of their own accord. It's like dignifying that there is a difference between heterosexual and homeosexual that isn't on a sexual level, which only further alienates more conservative males.

Sometimes I wonder if I'd act the same way I do if I was gay...

I don't like to be stereotyped. I am myself, not that image that all of people get when they think of gays in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven
    I don't like to be stereotyped. I am myself, not that image that all of people get when they think of gays in general.
    That's refreshing... after watching a couple episodes of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy I was beginning to wonder if there were any gay guys that even cared about individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    That's refreshing... after watching a couple episodes of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy I was beginning to wonder if there were any gay guys that even cared about individuality.
    *stabs you*

REAL gay men aren't like the uberqueers from TV!

Those people wouldn't even BE on TV if they weren't like clowns.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I don't think many gay men like to fall into stereotypes. However, the ones that do are just so damned prominent about their sexuality and "proud" but blech. I wouldn't dress like a freak to get attention and form a parade, but I am proud.

Look, you're all douchebags, that's what I say to most gay people. Yep, they sure are. Who cares, I'm better than everyone anyways. I'm elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper
    I wouldn't dress like a freak to get attention and form a parade, but I am proud.
    Damn. The drag queens are the worst.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa
    I never knew there were so many gay bods here.
    It's a Final Fantasy based site...what did you expect?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Because most girls want what they can't have.