Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Confessions on a Dance Floor"

Blog Entries

Default "Confessions on a Dance Floor"

I cannot describe how much I hate Madonna's new song "Hung Up" which is nothing but a Kylie clone. Is Madonna really serious? She's 50 and in tights? She doesn't even look good...did she ever is perhaps the real question.

Madonna?

*smoothers Chris with a pillow*

This is definately not in the style of Kylie Minogue. Kylie's doesn't usually use the heavy baseline that's in the background of this song, and this is so not her lyric style (I could go on, but I'll leave it at that for now). Listen to some of Madonna's old dance style songs, this song is in that style. Madonna told the world that this was going to be a dance album long before it's release, what were you expecting? I like this song a lot, it's not her best of anything but I think it's good. The video is also not her best, but again not bad. Imagine most other 50ish-year-old people in tights, I'll take Madonna in tights any day. I've always thought Madonna was a beautiful woman. Maybe wearing a bit too much cheeck make-up in this video, but nothing to make her ugly or anything.

Blog Entries

I guess you have a point, she does look good at 50 and maybe I was a little too raunchy on the Minogue comparison. Yeah, I remember her early dance stuff "Holiday", "Everybody" and they were actually not the bad. She's smart, very smart she's the only one (besides Cher) who knows how to keep on top way pass her prime. I still think that her voice is pretty weak, but she can't be good at everything she does. I know she announced that her album was goin' to be a dance album, but I've listened to "Confessions on..." and I think it's rather thin. It's straigh-ahead without much personality and Madonna seems way too cocky when she picks up the microphone. She may be the queen of pop music, but her latest effort reveals that her crown is rather dusty and in need of a replacement.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's rumoured that Madonna is slowly turning into Arnold Schwarzenegger. Here's the photographic evidence:

Seriously though, Madonna's thighs are twice the size of my own. That's not right at all. Take a good look people, the awful side effects of yoga in their fullest.

Getting quickly back on track though, I honestly think Madonna is a hack and has been so since day one. Her reinventions rely on the zeitgeist of the age and pull heavily from whatever happens to be popular. Madonna is a master of taking something from the present and shaping it into something that appears original, but in fact isn't. In short - I don't like Madonna, and her new song's really passed under the radar for me.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Well. She's got a great ass. But she's not so great at shaking it anymore.

She's still my number one choice for limo music in gay-men company. Absolutely fabulous.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Kylie Minogue's style. I knew that song sounded similar to something. Thanks

While not her best, "Confessions..." is FUN. I dunno, there's something about it that's just really jumpy and live. Kylie's dnace is a lot more "fixed" (not to say it's bad) then Madonna's latest. It seems that Kylie's is more dance related, with synth there and synth here, but "Confessions..." IMO is just a little more free.

But since "Ray of Light" is a better album (with better songs and just generally better..Her best IMO) it doesn't really matter. "Confessions..." IMO is a disco record, but since I gave up discos to go to concerts and gigs since I got old enough to understand that a spinning ball does not equate greatness, then it means less to me. It's a more comercial record (Obviously designed to make up for the fact that "American Life" was hated (by everyone except me) and sold poorly compared to her other albums.)

Err...It's good?

(As for Madonna being a hack: Who cares? She makes (with the help of others) music that's enjoyable. And at the end of the day, that's what is important)

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

The dave chappelle show captured her perfectly when they said "first she was a Jew, then she became a whore and now she came to finish what Kabbalah started!"

As for her new album, good for her if she recieves success but that "hung up" song somehow stays in my friggen head for a long time after hearing it, it gets quite annoying after a while!

She does look good for her 50 (i think shes like 47 to be exact) but seriously thats some serious overload on her showing some skin...kinda gives me the creeps but i guess it doesnt hurt if you put yourself out there...its just a too much of "out there" shown in that video clip!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

At least she's not "rapping" anymore.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think she's still a babe, and I love this song even though it's not my normal style of...anything. It's good.

Signature by rubah. I think.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It's alright. I just saw the video and I really liked it, namely the fact that it featured DDR (lawl).

She looks excellent for 50 and can still move quite well. Her ass definitely got bigger though...or looser...or something.
    I like Kung-Fu.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, she does look good for her age. Like DMKA said, the video is pretty good; not her best, but good. I don't like the song too much though. But there's only a few songs of hers that I still like, so eh.
    --Box Box Box Box

'Hung Up' is catchy and she looks great for 50 in her video for it. But the music isn't all that special. I don't think she's a Kylie clone, I find Madonnas music more disco.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the song "Hung Up". The video for it was OK. I loved the dance matches in the streets between the kids and adults. Hey back off, Madonna's hot...

Meh, I thought the song was alright, everybody else seems to love it, so I guess its a good song. And your as young as you feel Chris .....