Thread: Any thoughts on Prince of Persia:TTT???

Default Any thoughts on Prince of Persia:TTT???

The last installment of the Prince of Persia series came out yesterday and I was just wondering if anyone here has had a chance to play it yet, and is so if they could tell me their thoughts on the game. I have played the other 2 in the series, but was unhappy with the second one. The rock music, the over abbundance of fights (imo), and just the overall lack of quality that I saw in the first game. I just wanted to know if the 3rd one follows the first one in terms of platforming and if it is worth a purchase. Thanks in advance

I just got it today, I have highly enjoyed it, though the combat remains the same as in the warrior within, there is far more emphasis on the puzzles (like the sands of time) The rock ballads have been replaced with more suiting tunes and the freedom of the city is a pleasant change from the dungeon like state of the previous two installments.

One of the best benefits was the prince himself, though retaining his look they fired the voice actor from PoP 2 and Rehired the Voice actor form PoP one, much of his sarcastic charm has returned and he has some interesting conversations with dark prince. There is a semi-stealth element that makes the game thrilling without the tedious combat, giving even the combat a puzzle like state, even though the price retained his bad ass appeal from Prince of Persia Warrior within.

The cross between the two princes (not dark prince I am referencing the prince from sands and warriors drastically different personalities) is well done with at the early point I am at, his sarcastic pompous better personality being the more predominate one though not all together abandoning the dark gritty feel of the later.

Though it is to early for me to tell on weather it lives up to the standers set by the original current gen prince of Persia a game that can only be describes as awe inspired the new two thrones easily as from what I have seen, leaves the warrior within a stain on the franchise.

With new innovations as in chariot rides, the dark prince, the return of the dagger of time, speed attacks, and a dark story (based of the 2nd ending of warrior were you face the dehaka instead of kilena) this is shaping up to be my favorite installment in the series.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Cant say its very orginal, the whole 2 sides, one bad, one good is kinda old, boring, and Done. Need more ideas.
    The game itself is probably good though .....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

This is a relief. Warrior Within diverted from The Sands of Time and turned me off in so many terrible, terrible ways that I couldn't even stand to play it for very long, so it's nice to see that Ubi Soft listened to fans, did away with the death metal and angst, brought back the emphasis on platforming, and hence returned the franchise to what made it so highly regarded in the first place.

Cant say its very orginal, the whole 2 sides, one bad, one good is kinda old, boring, and Done. Need more ideas.
    The game itself is probably good though .....
    Now that is true. The cool thing is, even though he is a dark side, he still acts like the prince and he embodys traits that the prince already had within him, like rashness, anger, slighly sadistic, and he also thinks and makes comments similar to things the prince would say. But I still agree with you that the whole idea has been done many many times before.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?