Thread: Motorcycle Crash?

Blog Entries

Default Motorcycle Crash?

Ever been involved or seen a motorcycle crash? I saw one just last week and it was totally smashed. I dunno, I've seen both car crashes and motorcycle crashes but I'd say the latter was way more brutal.

So?

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

i have not personally been involved in or seen a motorbike crash
    though my dad was in one a while back, apparently he never road that bike again

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

But the good news is he saved a bundle on his car insurance!
    Figaro Castle

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

By switching to Geiko?

I've seen one once. It was scary.

I ride a bike during the season. I've had a few friends experience wipeouts, thankfully, none were too serious or on a major freeway. Motorcyclists have to be constantly aware of other drivers' blind spots while they're riding- almost like a game of dodging. The majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by auto drivers who don't check their blind spots and merge/cut off a biker in the next lane. Some riders are idiots and just ride between lanes to avoid traffic, but it's those kind of cocky idiots that'll eventually get into serious accidents.

I've yet to get into an accident, and I've been riding for 1.5 years. LA traffic scares me, but at least people around here have better driving skills, on average, than some random hicksville. The dumbest thing I've ever done is just knock over my bike -_-
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Never seen a crash, Ive seen a car bomb though .......

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

I was half-asleep in the car on the way back from a holiday and I the rest of my family and one of my mates saw this motorcycle accident. I am so glad I missed it.
    I have been in a few car crashes myself. The last time was three years ago, it was sort of my fault.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Bike riders are nicknamed "Organ Donours" in hospitals. Go figure.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Bike riders are nicknamed "Organ Donours" in hospitals. Go figure.
    I registered to be an organ donor 2 weeks before I got my first bike I guess I shouldn't be laughing.
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I was little my dad used to take me out on his motorcycle. One day, when I was three or four, I fell off. Face first. The motorcycle wasn't moving though. xD

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Mormor (Grandma for you heathens) was riding a motorcycle with her brother, once, but he hit a bump, so she flew right into a ditch!

But I've never seen a car or motorcycle accident, and I don't drive.
    --Box Box Box Box

Never seen a motorcycle accident, but my Dad has been in a few and seen a few. Hopefully I'll never be in a serious motorcycle accident.

Pyramid Head is l.o.v.e Social Moon Firesky's Avatar

I saw the end result of a motorbike accident on my way to school once, a couple of months ago. It was awful. This guy had sped round the corner and slammed into the back of a parked lorry and flown right over it, landing on the kerb. There were policemen everywhere, and they'd closed the road off, for obvious reasons. The guy died at the scene, almost instantly, I think. I don't like walking down that road now, 'cos I have to walk past the spot he died and there are flowers there...
    ~Maelström Fury~

.: Sekhmet's Moon :. Here.

私は天使の女王です。

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

I've never actually witnessed I've just seen the people who have been involved in accidents. It is worst when you get a person who hasn't been wearing their leathers so when they come off the bike you get this glove effect where areas of you skin, especially on your arms and legs, get ripped off like pulling off a glove.

Leathers are good because they stop that happening or if it does happen you can get the skin from inside the leathers instead of off the road. However they do not decrease impulse so if you go into something hard, it isn't going to help at all.