Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new characters are introduced in FF XII

Default Two new characters are introduced in FF XII

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/2086.html

Square Enix has opened the newly revamped official website for its PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy XII. The update revealed several new bits of information on the often delayed 12th main series installment of the company's flagship series.
    While the game's soundtrack is composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, the main theme has been created by both Sakimoto and world-renowed artist Tarou Hakase. The song was not only produced, composed and arranged by Hakase, he also performed it on his violin. The resulting symphonic poem is titled "Kibou" (hope). The maxi single as well as a special package containing both the single and DVD featuring a Final Fantasy XII trailer and a Tarou Hakase promotion movie will go on sale in Japan on March 1st. They will carry the catalogue numbers HUCD-10015 and HUCD-10014/B, respectively. The standard maxi single will retail for 1,000 yen ($8.36 USD), while the special package will cost 1,600 yen ($13.38 USD).

With Larsa and Vayne, two new characters have also been revealed. The 27-year old Vayne Carudas Solidor is the son of Gramis, the 11th emperor of Arcadia and heir to the throne. While Gramis has four children among whom Vayne is only the third, his two elder brothers died in battle. Their deaths however are said to have happened in connection with the cover up of a conspiracy. Larsa is the 12-year old fourth son of Gramis and Vayne's younger brother. He is second in line to succeed Gramis as emperor and tries hard to gain the respect of his father and older brother.

Final Fantasy XII will be released in Japan on March 16th for 8,562 yen ($71.61 USD).

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

It seems that Vayne and Larsa are playable, they even have their own desktop
    But, I really wish to have a Bangaa on the team... they said that Bangaa has their own special sorcery, and I'd like to use that

Default Vayne

Am I the only who remembers seeing the scans of Vayne like 2 months ago? We've known about his for a long while, just no big details. Larsa (or Rasler as he's called in the Demo) is totally new to us.

And does anyone else think Vayne seems to have an air about him like Seymour from early in FFX?
    Final Fantasy will always be one of the best... but just under Star Ocean.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

vayne is nothing new. i saw him ages ago.if larsa is rasler hes nothing new either.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 12-06-2005 at 07:33 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

They're only new in that their character profiles have now been created in the Japanese Official FFXII website, and a little information is revealed regarding their story.

The little kid looks interesting. I think hell be one of my favs.,

I had a feeling Vayne would be playable. I think I also mentioned somewhere else that I thought the kid in a group of pics would be playable too. It appears that I was right on both assumptions.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And EVERYONE thought it was Laguna. Laguna is a cool guy and all but you guys should know every Final Fantasy has their own set of characters. And even so that guy does not even look like Laguna. Everyone's just thrown off by the hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..
    And EVERYONE thought it was Laguna. Laguna is a cool guy and all but you guys should know every Final Fantasy has their own set of characters. And even so that guy does not even look like Laguna. Everyone's just thrown off by the hair...
    No one thought it was Laguna. Except for an over rated magazine.

Blog Entries

No. There were many threads and insite's that were about Laguna joining in FFXII. May I say, that there was even a EoFF front page article about it...

No. There were many threads and insite's that were about Laguna joining in FFXII. May I say, that there was even a EoFF front page article about it...
    Yeah because people were confued that a magazine would actually report something like that when it was clearly wrong.

Blog Entries

And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When was Laguna so grainy and old??

And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When wasn't Laguna so grainy and old??

And that's my point. Most were convinced that he was Laguna. But seriously. When was Laguna so grainy and old??
    No one was convinced he was Laguna. All the confusion came because people were convinced he wasnt Laguna.

Blog Entries

I fail to see how that makes sence. No offense. People thought it was Laguna because of false information. Now it's officially stated that that guy isn't Laguna. But my main point is that I don't see how anyone could've mistaken that guy for Laguna. Even so-called profesional magezine staff...