Thread: USC vs. Texas

Default USC vs. Texas

Much like last year, everyone will be anticipating this game. Hopefully it won't be a blowout like what USC did to the Sooners.

I do think USC had a better team last year, even though each game they don't pile yards...they pile miles. No one will dispute their defense was much better last year...and because of that, I think Texas will edge USC.

But if Bush can have the ball 25 times, he'll easily get 140 yards. I do want USC to win because I'm glad Leinart came back, much like Jayson Williams of Duke did a few years ago despite being an early top 5 pick easily.

Unfortunately I won't be watching this game as I'll be in Australia on Jan 4th. Oh well.

Spear-Chucking Friend Mr. Mojo Risin's Avatar

I want Texas to win because I don't want the condoms to beat Miami's win streak.
    Smile even though its breaking

I'm not a fan of Texas, but they are the better team. As good as USC's offense is, Texas's offense, statistically, is <i>better</i>, and there's not even a contest between the two defenses. Additionally, Texas has the superior special teams. I think Texas will beat USC by the score of about 30-20. Leinart has struggled as of late, and Texas's secondary is amongst the best in the country. Obviously, Bush is a fantastic weapon and the Heisman trophy winner, and he may have a huge day. But I don't see how USC's defense, slightly above average at best, can stop Vince Young, Jamaal Charles, and Ramonce Taylor.

Articles

Well, considering every other team in the Big 12 is garbage, you'd be hard pressed NOT to roll up yards if you're Texas.

I'm going with USC in this matchup, because they've beaten five ranked teams in every which fashion. They came from behind to destroy Arizona State and Oregon, held off stiff challenges from Fresno State and Notre Dame, and completely dominated teams like UCLA. Leinart is putting up better numbers than he did last year in winning the Heisman, Reggie Bush is going to win the Heisman this year (I can give you 516 reasons why) and even though the defense is lacking, they've averaged a cool 50 points against that competition.

im not a fan of scrambling QBs so im gonna root for USC

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I will root for Texas for the simple fact that a co-worker went to collage there.

I attend Notre Dame, and therefore hope that USC remains undefeated until we play them again next year. We will win that game.

Also, we're going to take Ohio State apart in the Fiesta Bowl.