Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Was Xenogears Rushed ....

Default Why Was Xenogears Rushed ....

I know there was problems with this game in which it was rushed, or something like that. This is shown in the second disc mainly, I found it to be consumed by cutscenes, and little play time. Ive gone through the net and I find people thinking exactly the same thing.
    I just want to know why. Thanks ....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I think the story goes that fleshing out everything they wanted to was going to cost more time and money than Papa Square was willing to spend.

Yeah, I think they went over there budget by the end of the first disc and alot of areas that were meant to be playable were removed for disc 2. I think Emeralda was meant to have an omni gear or something like that also. Disc 1 even had some areas that werent necessary supposedly. Xenogears god and mind site has a lot of pictures of areas that were meant to be playable from the debug room.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

That and they wanted to hurry up and release the game just like they did with FFVII. Square likes your money.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Square likes your money.
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=165
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Wasn't this game actually in development for a ridiculous amount of time? For a game as long as it is I wouldn't say it was rushed. Playing through a whole 2nd disclike the first probably would have driven me crazy. I like how they did the second disc.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Like many things lack of time and money meant cutbacks. That's pretty much a running theme through entertainment period, no matter what it's guise. It's not like a constantly run company that can rely on incoming from various ventures and what have you. When a game's in development it won't make any money until it's actually on the shelves.

For the record the second disc for me personally ruined the game as a whole. I felt cheated.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I highly doubt they did disc 2 like they did because they wanted to, I'm sure it was forced, but seeing as the game is 70 hours when you rush it I'm actually sort of glad... If disc 2 had been completely fleshed out like 1 the game seriously would have been 160-170 hours minimum. I like long games and all, but by the time an RPG hits about 80 the battle system has lost its charm and I'm ready to see the end. I was more ticked over the terrible translation then disc 2...A text heavy and brilliant story like this deserves better then "Anyway, it is my prerogitive as a woman, however, to love and care for the man I love and care for, however." Even with the flaws the game pulls a 9/10 in my book, so it's all jazz.

I'm with Ed. I know they didn't mean to, but I like how they pulled it off. It felt much more like a story. And they kept the atmosphere, mood, character development. People's only problem with disk 2 seems to be that they don't get to run around and jump and explore things. Big whoop. That has nothign to do with the story anyway. The story's all there. The gameplay took a cut, but only in an interactive manner. I don't mind watching such an awesome story.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It was rushed?
    I like Kung-Fu.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I don't really see a problem. ;D But I like watching my games more than playing them anyways.
    --Box Box Box Box

Any game written by takashi is always going to be rushed or a little incomplete or compromised unless he wins the lotto a few times and funds the game himself.

the reason y they rushed it was because they had to make many buget cuts for insint(i cant spell good) maria and the girl hard machine human then i cant spell her name were sposed to get omni gears but the game crators thought they didnt need them and they were just a waste of game disk but these buget cuts wont be in xenosaga 5 which is the same game(its all based on the 6 parts of xenosaga and xenogears is the 5th part)

Thats one of the faults I found in this game, too many cutscenes and not enough fighting for me.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    but these buget cuts wont be in xenosaga 5 which is the same game(its all based on the 6 parts of xenosaga and xenogears is the 5th part)
    The events of Xenosaga don't match up at all with Xenogears's backstory. If Xenosaga Episode V even ends up getting made, it'll be a far cry from Xenogears.