Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Was Xenogears Rushed ....

There finishing it with III I heard. Wasnt as big a success as they had thought. And im glad, guess Im sounding like a bastard for saying this, but Namco deserves to get bank rupt. Releasing Xenosaga epi II in europe, with a s***ty DVD cut scene disc to catch up on Epi I
    Why would they give EU a chapter half way through a book, Like starting a book from the middle. Heard the game didnt sell well, GREAT !
    Oh, and I dont think epi III is going to be released in the EU either.

in 3 the ship crashes and differnt events happen im telling u xenogears is the 5 xenosaga

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Xenogears Perfect Works states that Episode I consists of the era prior to Deus's deployment, Episode II is the scenario after the crash with Abel and Cain, Episode III is the Zeboim era with Kim and Emeralda, Episode IV is the sordid affair of Lacan and Sophia, and Episode V is Xenogears's present era. From the beginning, Monolith Soft was never looking to follow this pattern, seamlessly link Xenosaga to Xenogears, and have Xenosaga Episode V as a Xenogears remake. (And even if they had been, Square Enix would certainly have had a lawsuit or two to contend.) The whole "Xenosaga Episode n" title structure was just implemented to (further) sucker Xenogears fans into thinking they were dealing with a legitimate prequel, when the reality of the situation turned out to be rather to the contrary.

Has that stuff been translated? I've heard a lot about it, and my love of XG makes me interested in checking out.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Most of what is in perfect works are notes about the Gears, Characters and stuff you already know about. There is some translation of it but there is no complete translation that I know of. I own Perfect Works and there are tons of pictures to help you understand stuff but it doesn't help as much as you would think.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There are a couple good Xenogears sites with information from Perfect Works. I'd say Guardian Angels is the best one.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you really want to call Xenosaga anything, Xenosaga would be closest to Xenogears Episode I. And by that I mean ALL of Xenosaga.