Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultimecia

Default ultimecia

i have finished the game again who thinks the boss is too easy even my first time was easy

Blog Entries

Every singel boss in FFVIII is too easy! The entire game is too easy!

yes, if you understand the junction system that is, apparently many people dont...

and of course, knowing the location of insland closest to hell is a huge advantage

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_sword
    yes, if you understand the junction system that is, apparently many people dont...

and of course, knowing the location of insland closest to hell is a huge advantage

who? ...........pikeys? who couldnt understand it, they explain it simple enough and it practically does it for you anyway.

yes bosses are far too easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

its all done based on your levels of COURSE its easy you can complete the game on level 1, no worries

agreed, she [and Griever] are too simple. she's such a pushover that i once gave her a chance to kill me...
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 12-09-2005 at 02:20 PM.

yep way 2 easy
    Sig height limit is 250px.
    [!]

Hiei King of the Black Flame Dragon --!>

Blog Entries

The hardest part about Ultimecia is that she selects three random characters from your party. But I'm sure we all knew how to get around that. Griever and third form Ulti can cause some problems but it's really nothing that can't be Curaga-ed/Recover-ed out of. Also you can't die in the fight at all, because there's no way to revive the character that died. But then again, it's very hard to die in this battle and even if you lose a character, you'll usually pull up fine.

I think I know what her problem is. I've found that final bosses in many RPGs tend to annoy you by bombarding you with status effects. Necron and Safer Sephiroth both did this and both proved to be more challenging than Ulti. Damage could never really be a major concern but that's pretty much how Ultimecia attempts to beat you with moves like Shockwave Pulsar and Hell's Judgement.

Doesn't mean the battle wasn't fun though. It was a nice way to end the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    Doesn't mean the battle wasn't fun though. It was a nice way to end the game.
    Agreed. I though it was, in fact, the most entertaining final boss battle out of all the FFs.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

if your good at junctioning and also are good at refining and modding items the game is very easy but some people arent very good at it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    if your good at junctioning and also are good at refining and modding items the game is very easy but some people arent very good at it.
    I don't think it's that people aren't good at it. It's just that they're too lazy to do it. And I can fully understand if someone can't be arsed sitting there for 20 mins drawing a hundred of everything from one particular enemy or boss. Or if someone can't be arsed playing Triple Triad for 5 hours just so they can refine some awesome magic.

On the other hand, Ultimecia doesn't really need heavy junctions, at least not as much as Omega Weapon. You do, however, need to make a decent attempt to improve the stats of your characters because spamming GFs doesn't cut it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_sword

why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on.

Which FF Character Are You?

The image “http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...pen.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth the dark angel
    why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on.
    Island Closest to Hell

why i'm level 35 with my squall and i can't even beat 1 monster it's annoing i can't seem to find any other place to train up on
    Go fight Odin.
    With him the battles are easy and you gain lots of AP and Exp.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth the dark angel
    NOO!!!!!

Don't train. Monsters in FF8 will only proceed to get harder and harder as you level. The problem with you is that you're not making full use of the junction system. I did this myself on my first couple of plays. Don't think 20-30 something magic on each junction is going to work. You need to draw until all your magic is stocked to 100.

Go the Island Closest to Hell or Heaven. Turn on Enc-None and bash X while you walk around. You'll find a tonne of random draw points stocked with awesome magic that'll uber your characters within a few hours.

An ideal game of FF8 will end with your party on about Level 30. That's what I think. I have played games where I finish in the 20s. To put it simply, monsters in FF8 will level up with you. If you're level one and it takes two hits to kill a Bite Bug with no junctions, it'll take you two hits to kill a Bite Bug with a level 100 character with no junctions. Junctions will be what defines your strength in this game. Picture a level 20 Squall with 100 Ultimas on Strength. His Str stat would be 255 (the max). A level 100 Squall with 100 Ultimas on Strength would still be 255. What's the difference? A monster/boss you fight when Squall is level 20 will be around level 20 itself. A monster/boss you fight when Squall is level 100 will be around level 100. Make the right choice. Play FF8 like it should be played.