Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: >> The UEFA Champions League 2005-2006 thread..

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I've seen it before, It happened to Wimbledon. It was great, first one keeper got sent off, then the substitute keeper got injured, so Vinnie Jones went in goal. He made two awesome saves and then let in 3 goals. It was amusing.

Vinnie in goal? Wow, I wanna see that

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've seen it plenty of times before. The most recent ones that I can remember is Liverpool's Reina being sent off against Chelski thanks to Robben diving, and the Russian keeper being sent off in Euro 2004.

Vinnie Jones = legend. But what about Wimbledon, eh? It's "League Two" for "MK Dons" now.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    A poor final. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but i can't feel that Arsenal have in some way been cheated.
    Same here, I wanted to smack that ref so badly.

Shame on him for sendin off arsenals goal keeper. The poor bloke was nearly booted in the face

Barca fowled their way through that game knowing damn well they would get away with it
    He was right to send him off or let him stay on and let the goal count, it should of been the latter, because after sending him off, the game was spoiled and got practically every decision wrong.

Watching the replay, it was clear he was trying to grab the ball, not the guy's leg. It's a a pathetic excuse for a red card
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Vinnie Jones = legend. But what about Wimbledon, eh? It's "League Two" for "MK Dons" now.
    How did they fall apart so spectacularly anyway? They can't have been paying out all that much for the talents of John Fashnu.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    How did they fall apart so spectacularly anyway? They can't have been paying out all that much for the talents of John Fashnu.
    That's what you get for selling out. No-one really supports them so they don't make much money. I daren't imagine what Dean Holdsworth, Neal Ardley or Hans Segers think.

A poor final. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but i can't feel that Arsenal have in some way been cheated.

Shame on him for sendin off arsenals goal keeper. The poor bloke was nearly booted in the face

Barca fowled their way through that game knowing damn well they would get away with it
    He was right to send him off or let him stay on and let the goal count, it should of been the latter, because after sending him off, the game was spoiled and got practically every decision wrong.

Watching the replay, it was clear he was trying to grab the ball, not the guy's leg. It's a a pathetic excuse for a red card
    You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if he attempted to grab the ball, he stopped a goal scoring opportunity by taking his feet and not touching the ball, it's a foul and a sending off. Anyone one with football knowledge knows that.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if he attempted to grab the ball, he stopped a goal scoring opportunity by taking his feet and not touching the ball, it's a foul and a sending off. Anyone one with football knowledge knows that.

I disagree. A red card was unecessary. The goal could have been allowed and a yellow card given. Ive never seen such a poor excuse to give a red card
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

That's what i'm saying, if Guily had put it wide then send him off, but he scored from the advantage and should of let him stay on the pitch and let the goal count. It would of been a better match.

Articles

It's the same situation that happened in the Champions League semi-final between Liverpool and Chelsea last season, with the infamous Garcia "goal". Cech fouled Baros, and Garcia went on to score, however, the ref played advantage and Cech didn't get sent off.

You people should know more about rules. The ref should have given advantage, then, after the goal, sent off the keeper.

It's the same situation that happened in the Champions League semi-final between Liverpool and Chelsea last season, with the infamous Garcia "goal". Cech fouled Baros, and Garcia went on to score, however, the ref played advantage and Cech didn't get sent off.
    Wasn't that match a better for keeping Cech on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    You people should know more about rules. The ref should have given advantage, then, after the goal, sent off the keeper.
    It's not always about the rules, it's about using common sense aswell.

Maybe you should know more about the game and fairplay that comes with it.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 05-18-2006 at 12:22 AM.

It's simple: Lehmann fouled Eto'o on a one-on-one, which deserved a red card. But Giuly got the ball in a scoring opportunity, so the ref should have waited until Giuly scored. But the fact Giuly scored doesn't minimize Lehmann's foul.

Your idea of common sense is different from mine. My idea is that who fouled must be punished, not the one who suffered the foul. In this case, Barca should have scored, and, in a way, was punished, because their goal was disallowed.

And I know enough about the game and about fairplay to say that the ref made a mistake there, thank you very much.

Obviously not enough, one way of another, Arsenal got punished. You're the only person probably in the world who claims to understand the game, that thinks it would be right to send him off and let the goal count.

Any decent ref would let the goal count and give Lehman a yellow card and let the game countinue 11 v 11. A goal would of suited the punishment of bringing down Eto. If Lehman didn't touch Eto, he would of scored anyways. It was a red card offense, if the ball had drifted out for a goal kick, but the fact they scored anyways, no need to send him off, this is where the ref was a complete idiot.

I've been watching this far too long, not to know what i'm talking about.

You're the only person probably in the world who claims to understand the game, that thinks it would be right to send him off and let the goal count.
    I don't care if I'm the only person in this world who thinks like this (which I doubt). It's my opinion, so I don't really care (it won't change the result anyway).
    I've been watching this far too long, not to know what i'm talking about.
    I don't even remember when I started watching it, so what? It means nothing.