Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: >> The UEFA Champions League 2005-2006 thread..

You're stating an opinion, im stating it as a fact, it's one or the other, not both, no other way too it.

Fact? Hehehe, you really know it all...

Let's stop this, it's going nowhere, and it's going off-topic as well.

Fact it is.

Henry will be at Arsenal next season i think, another chance to do it again.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 05-18-2006 at 02:01 AM.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    A poor final. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but i can't feel that Arsenal have in some way been cheated.
    Same here, I wanted to smack that ref so badly.

The commenters on tv last night were pointing out that the ref did indeed suck, and that was probably the reason why he wasn't chosen to ref at the World Cup.

And then there is Death

I hate things.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

At least your team actually made a game of a European final, Cz.

The referee was appalling, but he was inept at both ends. I think the game would have played out differently if he had let the goal stand and just booked Lehmann.

(P.S. If the goal had stood, then he couldn't have been sent off for denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity. He would have been booked for a professional foul instead.)

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega
    Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    A poor final. I'm not an Arsenal fan, but i can't feel that Arsenal have in some way been cheated.

Shame on him for sendin off arsenals goal keeper. The poor bloke was nearly booted in the face

Barca fowled their way through that game knowing damn well they would get away with it
    He was right to send him off or let him stay on and let the goal count, it should of been the latter, because after sending him off, the game was spoiled and got practically every decision wrong.

Watching the replay, it was clear he was trying to grab the ball, not the guy's leg. It's a a pathetic excuse for a red card
    You just don't get it. It doesn't matter if he attempted to grab the ball, he stopped a goal scoring opportunity by taking his feet and not touching the ball, it's a foul and a sending off. Anyone one with football knowledge knows that.

I disagree. A red card was unecessary. The goal could have been allowed and a yellow card given. Ive never seen such a poor excuse to give a red card

Whining about how stupid it was now aint gonna stop the gunners misery, the ref sucks, alot of refs suck, there's worse in the EPL, I don't mean to be ignorant here, sure he shouldn't have been sent off, but if the ref says it, then it has to be done, no matter how gay or crappy he is.
    Sometimes it can be funny when a ref calls a foul for something absolutely stupid, well the Barca fans musta loved the guy.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Burtsplurt
    I think that's somewhat harsh on your lot. While the result was certainly justified, I think that the scoreline itself wasn't particularly fair. After all, the last two goals were only scored because you were pushing so hard to get back into the game.

The referee was appalling, but he was inept at both ends. I think the game would have played out differently if he had let the goal stand and just booked Lehmann.

(P.S. If the goal had stood, then he couldn't have been sent off for denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity. He would have been booked for a professional foul instead.)
    I agree that the ref was poor, but I think his decisions more or less balanced out in the end, and didn't have a great bearing on the result. It's an interesting debate as to whether the sending off or the goal would have hurt us more, but there's no use blaming a refereeing decision for our defeat. I mean, we weren't complaining at half time...

While I'm absolutely gutted that we came so far only to lose it so late on, I have to say that as defeats go this one wasn't too bad. Barcelona were simply the better side on the night, and they won it fair and square. We were completely up against it, and put in a strong performance for 70 minutes, a man down against the best team in the world. At the beginning of the season, I'd never have expected that kind of outcome to a Champions' League campaign, so congratulations to the team for achieving what they did.

Still absolutely gutted, though.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

The referee was appalling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    I agree that the ref was poor
    Does anybody remember the Deportivo/Porto semi-final match about three years ago? The 'so-called' best referee in the world Collina basically robbed the Spaniards of a first European Cup final. I think one Depor player got elbowed, another got hit in the face three times, and a blatant penalty was turned down. The story doesn't end there. Look back at the two teams Depor knocked out to reach the semis. AC Milan and Juventus. I think that says just about enough
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    I think that's somewhat harsh on your lot. While the result was certainly justified, I think that the scoreline itself wasn't particularly fair. After all, the last two goals were only scored because you were pushing so hard to get back into the game.
    Yeah, I know. It just would have been nice to have had something to cheer. As it was, 4-0 was very deflating after what we had achieved in that competition.

But, again, the best side (Sevilla) won. Their technique, pace and passing were far superior to ours. Still, can't complain - I would never expected us to have got to the final, just like I thought Arsenal would suffer on their travels in Europe.

Barcelona beats Arsenal!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

-------------------------- --------------------------------

Blog Entries

Deathknight thinks it's cool to be nonconformist

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    Deathknight thinks it's cool to be nonconformist
    noncomformist to what??? Speak up and stop trying to label me.

At least I'm not the one trying to sound funny/sarcastic/or amusing in every goddamn post.

Blog Entries

Calm it, you're just the guy I'm picking on today

EDIT: oh wait I forgot the sarcasm
    EDIT2: I can't think of anything

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    Calm it, you're just the guy I'm picking on today

EDIT: oh wait I forgot the sarcasm
    EDIT2: I can't think of anything
    well, picking on me will cost you, specially if you go around trying to label me.