Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: >> The UEFA Champions League 2005-2006 thread..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Default >> The UEFA Champions League 2005-2006 thread..

>>> So who is your favorite for winning this?

Mine is FC Barcelona..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I guess I can say FC Barcelona, too.

I wish Arsenal would win...finally. xD I dunno, they're doing really well at this point top of the group and stuff; but I guess one could argue they're in a relatively easy group, so they really have to KEEP doing well. o_O
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Barcelona are good, and they will prob go far... everyone says chelsea v. barcelona final, but id love to see Benfica or Bremen in the final... that would be cool. I dont think liverpool will win it again...

Don't underestimate Lyon's chances!

Barcelona, probably. Liverpool won't win again. And, by the way, my team, São Paulo, defeated Liverpool on the team's world championship!! Oh, that was good.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    Barcelona, probably. Liverpool won't win again. And, by the way, my team, São Paulo, defeated Liverpool on the team's world championship!! Oh, that was good.
    As a Liverpool fan, you didn't deserve to win that at all. We totally dominated you and had a good goal disallowed. (the other two goal disallowals were fine though, but Sinama-Pongolle's goal was clearly fine) 0 shots on our goal in the second half tells its own story, I think. We were robbed.

Chelsea will win it, but I expect Lyon to provide a challenge, and don't think Liverpool will give up their title without a fight.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    As a Liverpool fan, you didn't deserve to win that at all. We totally dominated you and had a good goal disallowed. (the other two goal disallowals were fine though, but Sinama-Pongolle's goal was clearly fine) 0 shots on our goal in the second half tells its own story, I think. We were robbed.

Chelsea will win it, but I expect Lyon to provide a challenge, and don't think Liverpool will give up their title without a fight.
    What are you talking about??? I don't know who Sinama is, but I think it is the last goal you talking about. It was offside(is this the word?). I can't remember if it was him, Sinama, or who passed the ball to him, but it was offside, just look at the images.

As for "dominating" my team, well, you were losing, we didn't need to score anymore, so it was obvious that you'd "dominate" us. And come off it, 17 corners , and those guys didn't score, you're being a lot taller than us....

And you're forgetring that Morientes should have been expelled, and we had a penalty that wasn't "given" (I don't know the word...again).

One last thing, soccer is about being effective. Liverpool couldn't score having 17 corners, and many famous and arrogant players( Gerrard said, before the game, that they were invincible). We had two or three chances, scored once. This is what matters.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by dragoonknight_kain
    What are you talking about??? I don't know who Sinama is, but I think it is the last goal you talking about. It was offside(is this the word?). I can't remember if it was him, Sinama, or who passed the ball to him, but it was offside, just look at the images.

As for "dominating" my team, well, you were losing, we didn't need to score anymore, so it was obvious that you'd "dominate" us. And come off it, 17 corners , and those guys didn't score, you're being a lot taller than us....

And you're forgetring that Morientes should have been expelled, and we had a penalty that wasn't "given" (I don't know the word...again).

One last thing, soccer is about being effective. Liverpool couldn't score having 17 corners, and many famous and arrogant players( Gerrard said, before the game, that they were invincible). We had two or three chances, scored once. This is what matters.
    Yes, Sinama is the guy who scored the last disallowed goal. He was number 11, was a substitute and had dreadlocks, if that helps you remember him. No, nobody was offside with the last goal. Not a single person. The images clearly showed that.

True, but it makes the game very boring.

Why should Morientes have been sent off? I don't remember him doing anything wrong. And hey, we should've been awarded a penalty for the foul on Harry Kewell, so I guess that makes us even.

Gerrard has never said that we are invincible, his actual words were "This is the best Liverpool team I have played in." which makes sense, seeing as this is the only Liverpool team he's played in that has won the Champion's League. He's not an arrogant player, he's very down to earth.

I will say this about your team though, your goalkeeper is incredible. And Amoruso (sp?) is pretty good too.

Well, what I saw in Sinama's goal as that he, or someone else was offside. By inches, but still offside.

Morientes, how can I say.... stuck his head on Lugano's head (hehehe, my English is crap). It was on the first half. About the penalty on Kewell, I think you're talking when Lugano took the ball from him, but I can't say, since I didn't see a close-up. But anyway, even if it was penalty, we'd be even, as you said.

Here in Brazil what we've heard was that Gerrad said they were invincible, but it can be crap.

And, yes, Rogerio Ceni, the goalkeeper. is awesome!! Pity he didn't score a goal. (I think he's scored 56 goals to this date, being 40 on fouls and 16 on penaltys). And it's Amoroso .

Now, about Liverpool, I couldn't understand why Cicé and Riise didn't play. They're awesome!

Articles

I think Luis Garcia was offside for that goal, but the referee said later he ruled that Sinama was offside, when he wasn't.

I didn't see that Morientes thing so I can't judge on that.

Ceni was definitely the best player in the game, no doubts there.

I was very surprised that neither of those two played, but we have a lot of games to play and so maybe the manager was resting them.

Well, congratulations all the same, I am just bitter and I admit to that. But we've taken this off-topic as this thread is supposed to be about the Champion's League, so here are my predictions for the round of 16 games:

(winners in bold)
    Bayern Munich - AC Milan
    Benfica - Liverpool
    Real Madrid - Arsenal
    PSV - Lyon
    Chelsea - Barcelona
    Rangers - Villarreal
    Bremen - Juventus
    Ajax - Internazionale

Then the referee screwd up, but in the end he didn't. And if Liverpool rested players on a game like that... insane.

Going back to the thread, I can't see a team stop Barcelona's front players, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi, they are all superb. But I forgot about Juventus. Both of them have a very similar campaing on theirs national championship(both are leaders, way ahead of the second place), so I guess one of them will be the champion, but Chelsea is also a powerful team, so it can win too.

So these are my bets: Barcelona, Juventus or Chelsea

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sora!
    Don't underestimate Lyon's chances!
    Quoted for truth.

And then there is Death

Arsenal maybe?

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Yes, this isnt over yet, and the matches has been started again..
    Right now its Arsenal vs Madrid, they still 0-0..

1-0, goal by Thierry Henry..
    Last edited by black orb; 02-21-2006 at 08:53 PM.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..