Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

you said cant get to the final boss level one...
    Zombie status

Neither Zombie nor Virus can be present at the time of these battles.

I can hardly believe its possible to do. You must really like that game. Good luck to ya.

I just got Quina. I stole the Fork from Zaghnol and I'm about to head to Gizamalukes Grotto. However, I don't have the add status ability for Quina. Where can I get equipment that teaches add status? As far as I know I can't stone enemies without the add status ability, and thusly, I cannot progress in this game.

*double posts*

Okay, so at the moment I am at Gizamalukes Grotto fighting the first set of black mages. I CANNOT, for the life of me, stone these guys. I've fought somewhere between 10-15 battles and I haven't even seen one of them get stoned yet. Exactly how rare is this?

The Black Mages are, unfortunately, fairly difficult to petrify under these circumstances. However, as higher Spirit will improve the likelihood of successfully adding the status effect, I would recommend equipping Quina in such a way that raises his/her Spirit as much as possible.

Also, once you've defeated the first group, save before taking on the second set of Mages.

In any case, even with higher Spirit, it's still going to be a matter of persistence and patience. If you keep at it though, you should be able to get through.

Yeah, it's really hard. You're going to definately want to equip anything and everything you have that will raise spirit on Quina, that's the most important thing. Even then it's really difficult, heal the black mages with potions if you have to, just keep trying.

I opened the game in a hex viewer and managed to track down weapon info, and the Needle Fork's add status has an effect rate of 10. I'm not even sure what that means, if it's a 10% chance or a number used in conjuction with Quina's stats in some equation, but 10 used in any way is pretty low.

The extra 1 or 2 increase to Spirit you can get from equipment at that point probably means jack in the long run.

Well, I've made it past the first black mage battle and I've been working on the second. Damn, I can't wait 'till this part if over.

The worst is yet to come. The escape from Alexandria Dungeon and the first visit to the Iifa Tree are so much more frustrating.

Okay, so I did it. I finally smurfing did it. I've won both battles with the black mages and now I'm off to kill Gizamaluke. Wish me luck, guys.

Edit: Gizamaluke went down very easily on my first try. I also managed to steal both the Magus Hat and Vivi's Ice Staff from him. I'll just pretend that is the reward I get for going through all that trouble with those Black Mages.

Double Edit: Vivi's stop is the greatest thing to ever happen to video games.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 12-12-2005 at 03:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Awww, crap! I can't belive I haven't seen this thread until now! Oh well...

Just a question: Did you get "Limmit Globe" for Quina?

I'll be following your progress to the very end, so keep updating.

Man, it's been a while since I did a challange myself. But I'm currently too busy with Xenosaga 2 and SSBM.

I've been considering doing a Xenosaga 1 challange someday soon, though.

Nice to see you're progressing well, just wait until you get to Cleyra. ;]

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

good luck on burmecia. keep us updated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Ohh. Cleyra will be a major b****. You have to fight like five battles in a row and you cant run from them. That sucks. I am playing through FF9 again and after this playthrough I will attempt to give the lvl 1 Ozma challenge a go. This thread has inspired me to do so.