Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

keep it up

I've beaten the red dragons in mount gulug, and i've left Esto Gaza in an attempt to power up thievery. It's going to take me a while, but I have it up to 1725 damage.

I just realized I'm almost done with this challenge. Ozma is the next boss after MeltiGemini.

Woo, I remember powering up Thievery and Dragon's Crest... Took me all day one day, getting virus on all your characters is a pain in the ass from the Yans.

Thievery is at around 3200 damage as of right now. I probably won't get it up to 9999 tonight, but my goal is to get up to 8000 by tomorrow. Then I'll finish off meltigemini. From there, I'll simultaneously level up both Dragon Crest and Thievery. I'll do this by killing dragons while I have Zidane stealing at the same time. (yeah, how the hell else would I do it?)

Just focus on thievery, dragon's crest doesn't take long at all after that. If you do both at once you're moving into an intellectual "free-zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Just focus on thievery, dragon's crest doesn't take long at all after that. If you do both at once you're moving into an intellectual "free-zone."

Well, I now have Thievery at 4080 4,400 damage. This is taking a long time.

I'll be careful to heed your advice, though, Jeremy. The last thing I need right now is brain lipo suction.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 01-06-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

Every time I read this thread my urge to play FFIX again grows.

But it'll be some time before I attempt anything as stupid as a Level one Ozma challenge
    :joey:

It's fun dude! You really should try it.

...But I guess you kinda do have to be a super-nerd of sorts.

btw, thievery is now at around 4600 4,776 damage.

And also, I'd like some help. It took me roughly 17 minutes to add an additional 200 damage on thievery. With that in mind, help me develope an equation so that I can figure out how many minutes this is going to take me. I'd do it myself but one) I suck at math and two) It's 6:40 am and it's mildly difficult to succesfully do something you absolutely blow at when you are tired.

Right now all I can think of is 9999/200= like 50 or something, but that just tells me how many times I have to steal if I were adding 200 damage to thievery per succesful steal.

Edit: Now I'm thinking 200/17*9999 would work. Is that correct?

Double Edit: Thievery is now past the 6,000 mark, and I am going to bed.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 01-06-2006 at 03:40 PM.

Just keep stealing and dont worry about the equation. I remember when I first powered up Thievery to 9999. I felt so awsome.

Does anyone know where I can get the ability Auto Haste?

You get Auto-Haste from running shoes which you get from the reunion in Quan's dwelling. All you have to do is go to Quan's dwelling after alexandria is destroyed ,bring vivi and quina, and just go to the peak after the scene with quina. If you already did that you might MIGHT!!! be able to get them at the auction.

I just went to Quans dwelling, both Vivi and Quina are in my party, and I got nothing. There was no scene. I've seen it before, but nothing happened this time. Alexandia has already been destroyed, so perhaps I have to get it at a different time? I'd seriously prefer it now so I can power up thievery much faster.

Edi: I still don't have auto haste but I do have thievery powered up to 8,700 damage. I'm now going to go kill melti gemini and then I'll continue to power up thievery.

Double Edit: I took Meltigemini out on my first try.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 01-08-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Nice!! The thing about Quan's Dwelling is weird. It should have shown if Alexandria has been destroyed, but remember you have to examine the clock to get the running shoes

No, apparently you can only do it once you have saved Eiko. I went back there after killing meltigemini and it worked just fine.

I have Thievery up to 9,200 damage. I also have th egold chocobo and I've dug up all of the chocographs, so that sidequest is done. I'm currently having everyone learn the auto life ability, then I'll get virus from the yans and I'll power up dragons crest and finish with thievery.

So you'll be facing Ozma soon, congrats! I assume you're going to beat Necron with a level 1 party (not everyone, but you can get at least four characters still at level 1). As a few here have said I've been inspired to play this and am on disk 2. I'm at the point where Steiner and Marcus break out, and am figuring out the setup needed to drive Alexandrian soldiers away. The best setup I have is Steiner with man eater and a mythril sword but it seems to do irregular damage so I'm not sure if it works (it did 450 the first hit sending one away but only 400 to the other leaving me screwed). I must say this is a very enjoyable challenge!

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394