Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

This thread has motivated alot of people to try the lvl.1 ozma challange, I might even try it.

So you'll be facing Ozma soon, congrats! I assume you're going to beat Necron with a level 1 party (not everyone, but you can get at least four characters still at level 1). As a few here have said I've been inspired to play this and am on disk 2. I'm at the point where Steiner and Marcus break out, and am figuring out the setup needed to drive Alexandrian soldiers away. The best setup I have is Steiner with man eater and a mythril sword but it seems to do irregular damage so I'm not sure if it works (it did 450 the first hit sending one away but only 400 to the other leaving me screwed). I must say this is a very enjoyable challenge!
    Actually, you are not screwed, so long as you have mastered minus strike. If the enemy doesnt run away the first time, wait for an enemy to attack you (but make sure the attack isn't blizzara) and then use minus strike. It should be enough to force them to run. Congrats though, you are about a half an hour away from the most intense (and fun) part of the challenge, escaping Alexandria.

I'd like to finish the game and take on Necron, but I'm not sure if I'm going to. I do know that as soon as I beat Ozma I am going to attempt an FF8 challenge. I may come back to FFIX and finish Necron at a later date, though.

Edit: Front row with Blood Sword and no man eater works well. There will still be times however, when you must use minus strike. Also, it is possible, albeit difficult, to run past the alexandrian gaurds.

I'm making a double post in hopes that someone will read this and help me out. I can't figure out how to get virus equipped on all of my characters. The yan uses virus and kills my character, i petrify the yan and win the battle. However, they don't have virus when the battle ends. I had Eiko get hit with virus powder (or whatever the hell the attack is called) and she didn't get virus. However, zidane got hit with it and DID get virus. So, what the hell? I can't figure this out.

Ignore this. I managed to get virus on all four of my characters. I've managed to get Thievery up to 9,999 Damage (finally!!) and Dragon Crest is around 3500 or something. I plan on having this entire challenge completed by tomorrow.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 01-09-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow, i missed a lot while being on that SSBM tourney. Oh well, good luck Nik! And great progress so far!

wow this is awsome

Yeah great job!

Incredible! You're awsome man. I've never done a FF challenge before but this has really inspired me to do so. Thanks!

Sorry guys. I still haven't finished it. School started and I've been doing alot more sleeping than anything else. I plan to finish this the next time I pick this game up, which will happen when I'm not so tired that I absolutely have to go to bed first thing when I come home.

Hey man take your time, we can wait

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

no we cant

Ozma is a pushover compared to the rest of the challenge. You'll have him beat within 10 tries, the problem is that getting up the Chocobo Air Garden 10 times in a row can be annoying. My suggestion to you is to find the Air Garden's shadow somewhere and save right by it where you can see it from the place you save. If you die, keep resetting until it's there again, that saves you tons of time flying all over Gaia trying to find it again. Basically you want to be like the person who looks at a building and says, "I don't know if there is a builder."

I'm having a lot of trouble with the part in Alexandria after Zorn and Thorn. I have a Coral Ring which seems helpful but don't have the reflect ring... I could have picked it up earlier but didn't think it would be important. I've got 10 phoenix downs and 8 phoenix pinions which I think is enough in the phoenix department. I can beat Beatrix without to much trouble and I usually beat the first Bandersnatch if it doesn't lick Beatrix (I hope no one makes a sex comment). But the hard part is the Black Mages. My strategy is use tents with Zidane and Steiner, Stop with Vivi and cast reflect with Dagger. However (I've tried maybe 6 times) they always wipe me out really quickly so I'm wondering if there's anything better I can do with the turns I get or if there's any helpful equipment not talked about in Hyprophant's walkthough. Anyone?

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Your strategy sounds great to me. Have Dagger cast reflect on Zidane first, followed by someone who does not have a coral ring next. (I recommend you give the coral ring to vivi, unless there is something that raises his spirit significantly)

If you get a chance, have vivi focus. Also, casting silence with dagger sometimes works and it can be a good idea if you have a free turn with her.

My problem is lack of free turns though... oh well. I'll try again some time today.

Edit: I beat the Black Mages and got smoked in fight #5, Freya started dead (forced), Beatrix had 375 life which was killed in one thundara. I then checked Hyprophant's walkthrough and saw I was supposed to get the initiative- so it really pissed me off that the bar started about 1/3 full.
    Last edited by raskerino; 01-14-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Don't you have a coral ring? If so, equip it on Beatrix. It becomes very difficult for her to die if she has a coral ring.