Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: nik's Level One Ozma Challenge Thread.

i'm starting the challenge today (!!)
    but i have a problem!!!!
    in the evil forest, theres the boss, and then, when your running for the exit there are those wierd plant thingys, and i was never able to run from them..... i always level up there.......
    whaddo i do??

asdfghjkl;'

You have to restart until there are only two of them. Then you can kill them with all characters alive- everyone gets 11 exp. no one levels up.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Or you can kill everyone off except for blanc. Amarant will be at level 3, however, but it doesnt make a difference because you don't use him in the fight against ozma anyway.

I think this warrents a double post...

OZMA HAS BEEN BEATEN!

...Not only that, I beat Ozma on my first try. I thought I was screwed at first, because I forgot to equip Zidane with auto life, but I won anyway.

The battle went a little something like this. Ozma attacks, killing Eiko. Zidane uses thievery (9,500 damage) followed by Freya using dragon crest. (9999 damage) Ozma berserks freya and Eiko uses dark matter (9999 damage). Quina uses Auto-raise on Zidane. somewhere along the line, Zidane goes berserk and attacks ozma (by this point he is also in mini status) and does 23 damage. Ozma uses curaga and restores 9,500 HP. Ozma uses curse. Everyone is dead. Zidane and quina are revived using auto-life. Ozma immediately uses doomsday and takes 8,300 damage whilst Quina and Zidane take 0 damage. Quina uses Limit Glove (9999 damage) and Zidane uses thievery (9500 damage) and Ozma is dead.

Pretty good, if you ask me. Especially since this is the first time I've actually beaten Ozma.

The fight went quick. It was easy, but intense at the same time. Lots of fun.

Edit: Final Game time - 54 hours, 20 minutes.

Let me be the first to type congratulations!

Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And let me be the second: congratulations. You've really got me wanting to do this, but I know I don't have the kind of time to commit to a challenge like this at the moment. Perhaps in a few months.

Third to say "Congratulations" ^^

And I've decided to do this challenge, as well! xD~ The only FF "challenge" that I actually finished was the FFVIII's No Level Up Game, and THAT is not a challenge. T_T

I just wanted to know if I really need to impress 100 nobles. I've NEVER EVER done that T_T
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

It hasn't hurt me so far (I've always had enough money and I have 8 unsold Phoenix Pinions) and I'm at Alexandria (Disk 2) having only gotten 93 or about 880 gil.

Edit: I beat the black mages and the bandersnatches YAY!
    Last edited by raskerino; 01-15-2006 at 04:20 PM.

Heh, heh, heh

You do not need to impress 100 nobles, unless you want an extra moonstone.

Buying 99 wrists in dali, and 99 steepled hats in lindblum, and then synthesizing them into 99 cottons robes and selling them will make you enough money to last the majority of the game, especially if you do it again in the second disk, which you will get the opportunity to do. (Just make sure you buy 99 steepled hats in lindblum AGAIN after you have synthed 99 cotton robes.)

Late in the game you'll be able to do this as much as you like.

Also, I have decided to continue the game and beat the final boss at level one. I'm at Ipsens castle right now, and I found a room that I did not know existed. I've played through this game enough to know, off the top of my head, what is in many of the treasure boxes, and I can sometimes predict the dialogue with 100% accuracy. However, this just goes to show you that there is something new to discover every time you play through this game.

What I'm talking about is the hidden door right before the bossfight in ipsens castle. You have to push it, pound it, think about it, "do something drastic" and then rest, and it opens up a secret passage. Has anybody else seen this before? If so, what do I do with the old bottles? The ones in the room with what looks like a giant electrified sword.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 01-15-2006 at 02:30 PM.

This, too, deserves a double post. I am in Terra now, fighting the three unavoidable battles. I must say, this is the most intense thing I have ever done. I didnt look at the guide, and now I am ill equipped for these battles. I did, however, manage to get to the third battle after about 5 tries. I haven't started that battle up yet. I'm going to now. I just need to take a deep breath and hope I can pull this off. I do NOT want to start all over. Wish me luck, because I know this is doable.

Edit: God damnit.

That was a good buildup for sucha concise finish.

I past the black mages and bandersnatches (fun adrenaline rush) and got smashed by Lani, as water obliterated my party- especially 1HP Quina. She seems easy though as all I have to do is pound her with Limit Glove. Is anything fun or challenging coming up?

Heh, heh, heh

Two words. Iifa Tree.

Try to steal from Lani. That makes the battle fun. Also, have Quina use auto life and Dagger should use reflect. That way, water won't kill you. If you have a coral ring, equip it on someone. I'd say equip it on Zidane, but that's just me. (Just DON'T equip it on Dagger)

Oh yeah, You'll be fighting Hilgigars relatively soon. That battle is freaking fun.

Hey Congrats on killing Ozma!!! I might do this challenge whenever I play FF9 again, but not right now...

Yeah congrats on killing Ozma especially on your first time. I'm going to try the challange, but I broke my disk 4 so I can't fight the last boss on lvl.1.

Blog Entries

*is late because of lack of activity*

Hey, congratulations on beating Ozma, Nik!