Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Books do you uh.. like em?

Blog Entries

I read the Harry Potters and sometimes if I find abook that looks good I might pick it up. I'm more of a visual person

I love to read, I just finished As I Lay Dieing by Falkner (I actualy understood the book for the most part! go me) and now I am reading Snow Falling on Ceaders by I forget
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

I love reading, fantasy is my favorite genre. I just finished reading two books (both in the same series) called "Way of the Wolf" and "Choice of the Cat". Let me tell you they have nothing to do with actual cats and wolves, great books though.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Jamie Star Scenario
    Books are totally awesome! I'm currently working my way through the modern classics, I just finished Animal Farm (in a day, it is a very short book) and now I am on to Brave New World which is intriguing.
    Aldous Huxley > George Orwell.

Sorry, but 1984 is really rather overrated. Huxley presents a world which is actually believable. Ingsoc would destroy itself from within in 50 years. Animal Farm is another story, though completely devoid of subtlety it's an enjoyable book indeed.

I just finished reading "The Private Life Of Chairman Mao" by Dr. Li Zhisui, which was a compelling book indeed. I'm currently trying to get into Boethius' "The Consolations Of Philosophy", but it's tough going. Failing that I also have a couple of Iain M. Banks books knocking around, and it's time I got some culture.

I love to read, I prefer the sci-fi genre mostly though

I enjoy reading but I don't do it enough (in terms of books and such).

Ursula K. Le Guin - Steering the Craft
    Monika Fagerholm - Underbara Kvinnor vid Vatten

I love to read. I read in my spare time for the most part. Even here at work all I do is read. :) Currently reading "The Ghatti's Tale" by Gayle Greeno. It's a great book so far.

The only book i enjoyed reading was "the dirt" by Motley crue.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

I read from time to time, my favourite books are 'The Beach' 'About A Boy' and 'Martin Pig' And no, I don't like the beach because there's a film about Leonardo DiCaprio based on it, the film is awful

I love reading. I'm a fan of the usual sci-fi fare : China Mieville, Phillip K. Dick, Peter Hamilton, William T. Santiago, Frank T.J Mackey , to name but a few, but I also like classical books, like Dickens, The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald, and the Catcher in the Rye. I'm also into Clive Cussler's adventure novels and anything historical.

I like reading graphic novels
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

I like reading and i love the alex rider series by Anthony horowitz.

I love books, next to playing computer games and writing stories, reading novels is close behind. I enjoy murder mystery novels, like Colin Dexters Morse or fantasy like the HP series.

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

I read almost a 500 page book a week. I love it. Right now I'm reading Stephen King's Black House.

Favorite authors are King, Koontz, Bentley Little, Michael Palmer, Grisham, and a ton of medical mystery writers.

Originality is good, kids.