I want to see this somewhat.......

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'm curious to see how it turns out. Jackson claims to be a fan of the story from when he was little and he wanted to be true to the material. Whether that happens or not is another story.
    Figaro Castle

I got a free ticket with the director's cut of "The Frighteners". I'll prolly see it either this or next weekend, but only cause it's free. While I'm interested, I'm not interested enough to drop 9 bucks to see it.

I heard it's decent and pretty faithful, but Jackson expanded the backstory which doubles the amount of time that it took to get to Kong in the original. Almost 40 minutes, from what I understand. It worked for Batman Begins, but there is no Bruce Wayne to this story. Sounds like it will prolly be boring for the first act of the movie.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Since I've been bombed with Trailers for it since the summer, I feel i've seen all the good bits of the film anyway so I think I'll pass on it. I was never a fan of the original and this re-vamp looks a bit like LOTR with extra Monkey.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, you guys have NO idea how excited I am for this. Now, to get everyone else as excited as I am, here are some lovely reviews praising Jackson with what appears to be his next critical and box-office hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Schwarzbaum, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY
    The movie seals Jackson's reputation: He's the most gifted big-picture artist working today, a master of epics from a human-eye view who excels at employing 21st-century technological wizardry to suit the needs of ageless, personal storytelling... But what resonates is the story, which is a very human tale of compassion, greed, loss, bravery, creativity, foolishness, and love. Something, as Carl Denham might have said, for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jami Bernard, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Peter Jackson's King Kong is the most thrilling, soulful monster picture ever made. At last, it can be said without irony -- I laughed, I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd McCarthy, VARIETY
    It's the Return of the King all over again, and he's got a dazzling Queen. Almost too much of a good thing, Peter Jackson's remake of the film that made him want to make movies is a super-sized version of a yarn that was big to begin with, a stupendous adventure that maximizes, and sometimes oversells, its dazzling wares; but, no matter how spectacular the action, "King Kong" is never more captivating than when the giant ape and his blond captive are looking into each others' eyes... What's up on screen is rarely short of staggering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Stone, OSCARWATCH
    Has there ever a big effects film as good as Peter Jackson’s King Kong? It appears to us now the way the 1933 version must have appeared to audiences: as something utterly breathtaking and new. Where Jackson goes with his, how he aimed higher and achieved more than the human imagination seems capable of with cinema as its mode of expression, is breathtaking. But it isn’t just a spectacle – like the mighty beast itself, Jackson’s film reveals a beating heart. Here is the true story of love and sex between males and females – nature in all of its grotesque beauty.
    Yay Jackson!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks great, I can't wait to see it!

I might see it, I bet its funny cause Jack Black is in it

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hear Black is the weakest link. But given that he was working alongside an Oscar nominated actress and an Oscar award winning actor, I don't find that to be much of a surprise.

Watts for Best Actress 2006.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hear Kong gives an Oscar-worthy performance.

Jack Black is never a weak link. I can't get enough of that guy

Bip

I'll go see it, but I'm not that excited about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

i want jack black to just break out in song at the end of the movie.

doo dee badoo be doo dee, fligigoo gigoo. xD

Stay Essential
    EE

I've never been interested in Kong. Even after I heard Jackson was doing it. I thought he was ruining his career. But I just saw Aeon Flux earlier this week and it had a trailer for Kong, and it actaully looked pretty darn good.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was never, ever interested in anything King Kong, because I thought it was silly, but when Jackson said he was going to make it, I decided I was going to see it. Only because it's him. I've only seen one trailer, but it looks absolutely amazing. I love Adrian Brody and Naomi Watts. Jack Black is okay too. ;D
    --Box Box Box Box

I'm excited about it